SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 393 of 443 FirstFirst ... 293343383390391392393394395396403 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 8853
    Statistician
    AFL Club: Melbourne

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeman1 View Post
    Hi Rowan,

Trust you are well and congrats on your great score last week.

My year is going down hill since rd 4, but still hopefull of a top 1000 finish but have to turn it around soon.

This might be a silly question, but can you see any justification in trading someone like Hampton or Otten to Newman this week? Both are done cash wise and Newman will probably get to circa $400k by his bye (maybe)

Seems very sideways, but with the lack of decent rookies on the horizon can you see it being worth it?
    Hi Ash, thanks for that, I was a bit lucky with the Sunday scores!
    It is very sideways, but it's not just the money Newman makes (and hopefully the points he scores), but the money that Hampton/Otten lose, if you don't offload them, that has to be factored in. While it's not an ideal trade, I don't think it's the worst trade idea I've seen, and could pay off well.
    We're goin' to need a bigger boat...

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsus View Post
    Hi Ash, thanks for that, I was a bit lucky with the Sunday scores!
    It is very sideways, but it's not just the money Newman makes (and hopefully the points he scores), but the money that Hampton/Otten lose, if you don't offload them, that has to be factored in. While it's not an ideal trade, I don't think it's the worst trade idea I've seen, and could pay off well.
    Cheers Mate,

Thanks for the response and yes that is the exact response I wanted
    SuperCoach:  2263 (2017)  8447 (2016)  292 (2015)  3718 (2014)  3958 (2013)  731 (2012) 

Coach of the Mighty Goulburn Valley Vikings (SCDL 2015 Premiers and SCDL 2014 Div 2 Runners-up)

350 Games Club
    AFL Club: Adelaide

0 Not allowed!

Hi Rowsus,
    Good score last week mate. We're neck and neck in the $20 cashie in 7th and 8th pozzies.

I'm in a pickle this week.
    Starting Ablett, Lynch and Witts probably not a wise move. At the start of the season my thoughts were I would cop a lower score in round 9 but hopefully not too bad and maybe Witts would be upgraded. Anyway it is what it is and I will have to cop a low score this week, but I have no idea what trades to make to hopefully not fall to far in the rankings.
    Rocky out is unfortunate this week also. Not sure if I should hold him or not.

Hampton really should go this week, but my problems are with the mids and forwards, I have a full backline.
    And I still have Parfitt, Pickett and Hannan to deal with. It's a bugger I have Berry stuck in the backline with no swing atm.
    It looks like I will have to get Myers in, despite not being that keen on him, but any rookie OTB looks good this year.
    Also have Ballic (out indefinitey), Black (chose him over Parsnip).
    Mutimer may be dropped due to Cripps quick recovery.

I have $189,000 in the kitty.
    19 trades left.

DEF: Doch, Laird, Adams, Simmo, Hampton, Newman (Stewart, Berry M/D)
    MID: Rocky, Oliver, Danger, Ablett, Zorko, Fyfe, Barrett, Fisher (Parfitt M/F, Pickett M/F, Mutimer)
    RUC: Witts, Sandi (Strnadica R/F)
    FOR: Yeo, JJK, Dahlhaus, Lynch (GC), Nank R/F, Hannan (Ballic M/F, Black)

My initial thoughts are to just do the standard one up, one down and cop whatever score I get including a probable donut or 2.
    ie Parfitt to Myers, Hampton to prem defender.
    Another option is to go Parfitt out, Jake Lloyd in to bring back the mid/def swing with Berry. This would give me an extra player in the mids this week.
    Other options I have thought of are sidewaysing 1 or more of my GC boys (Lynch to Macrae or similar) or offloading Rocky this week.
    Witts to Goldy? etc. Lynch to Waite?

What is the correct or wise play in your opinion this week to not ruin my team for the byes and the rest of the year.
    Thanks for your time bud.
    Last edited by Juzzo; 17-05-2017 at 8:37pm.
    SuperCoach:  16974 (2016)  49k (2015)  7316 (2014)  10k (2013) 

50 Games Club
    AFL Club: Essendon

0 Not allowed!

Hey Rows,
    I'm currently still in with a chance at the chocolates this year, although I think I'm starting to slip away (cash gen, rockliff injury and shaw over doch from rd 1).
    From early on i've seen Bontempelli as a 'must have' upgrade from his rd 11 bye. It's already hurt not having him up until this point and I am considering the idea that instead of locking in my loss and buying into him (and his possible regression to a lesser avg), to consider somebody else like JPK/Hannebury, who history indicates should increase their avg from here, or, another breakout candidate like Cripps.
    In round 12 I'll definitely be bringing in Docherty regardless of his price, but how do you see the Bonts year playing out from here?
    Do you think he's worth betting against?

350 Games Club
    AFL Club: Carlton

0 Not allowed!

Hey Slam,
    having gone 2 sideways in the past 2 weeks, I'd be inclined to hold Rocky, with an expectation of a Round 12 return.
    I have Beams still, and I think I'll hold Rocky. If Beams isn't back this week, I'll probably ditch Beams.
    Thanks Rows,

However may have to rethink with Balic, Witts, SPP, Rocky, Parfit and possibly Parsons and Hannan getting dropped. Will definately cop at least one donut even being able to swing Nank to cover Witts.
    Are you performing any downgrades this week? Or are you going to hold? Apart from Myers who is risky, there is not much else. Alot will bring Myers in to help cover the loss of Balic etc.
    In reading your other posts is it better to cop a donut now (if its only one) and hold trades rather than bring in a Myers or any other uncertain rookie with shaky JS?
    SuperCoach:  760 (2014) 

Statistician

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzo View Post
    Hi Rowsus,
    Good score last week mate. We're neck and neck in the $20 cashie in 7th and 8th pozzies.

Starting Ablett, Lynch and Witts probably not a wise move. At the start of the season my thoughts were I would cop a lower score in round 9 but hopefully not too bad and maybe Witts would be upgraded. Anyway it is what it is and I will have to cop a low score this week, but I have no idea what trades to make to hopefully not fall to far in the rankings.

Hampton really should go this week, but my problems are with the mids and forwards, I have a full backline.
    And I still have Parfitt, Pickett and Hannan to deal with. It's a bugger I have Berry stuck in the backline with no swing atm.
    It looks like I will have to get Myers in, despite not being that keen on him, but any rookie OTB looks good this year.

19 trades left.

MID: Rocky, Oliver, Danger, Ablett, Zorko, Fyfe, Barrett, Fisher (Parfitt M/F, Pickett M/F, Mutimer)

My initial thoughts are to just do the standard one up, one down and cop whatever score I get including a probable donut or 2.
    Another option is to go Parfitt out, Jake Lloyd in to bring back the mid/def swing with Berry. This would give me an extra player in the mids this week.
    Other options I have thought of are sidewaysing 1 or more of my GC boys (Lynch to Macrae or similar) or offloading Rocky this week.

What is the correct or wise play in your opinion this week to not ruin my team for the byes and the rest of the year.
    Hi Juzzo, thanks for that. It's amazing the difference a good Sunday makes.
    My first bit of advice, to anyone facing a donut or two this week, is to go through this simple exercise.
    Pretend that, instead of facing that/those donut/s, you have a couple of dud Rookies playing, filling those spots. Hannan/Parsons/Pickett whoever, it doesn't matter. You are only expecting 35-40 points from them, but you are safe from a donut.

What trades do you make now?

I think people put way too much emphasis, on basically losing 35-40 points on a donut, and end up ruining plans and structures to avoid it. Crazy!

So let's forget your potential donuts, and look at some options.
    Straight away, I think you should rule Waite out! Not because he isn't a viable option, but because I think you'll create a Round 12 bye problem, as you already have Yeo, JJK, Nank and possibly Black having a bye that Round. Bringing in another Round 12 Fwd, unless it's a player you feel you have to have, and have to have now, is going to really cause an unnecessary problem. Witts to Goldy might also add to your Round 12 woes, as you definitely only get one Ruck on the ground. A donut in the Ruck, and potentially as few as 2 Fwds playing in Round 12, leaves you trying to find 15 players in Def and Mid, which can't be done. So I think you need to wait on Goldy too.
    Given how many potentially non-playing Rookies you have, I think you need to turn one of them into Myers. Myers isn't a must have, but at least he might get some cash generation going. I'm probably holding Rocky, but I'm probably better set up to do that. Once again, your number of non-playing Rookies might dictate that you have to trade Rocky out.
    If you go Rocky to Myers, that should allow you to upgrade any of the non-playing Rookies you choose.
    Until we see team selections, and know how good/bad it is, that's my best advice.
    Good luck

Statistician

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bianchije View Post
    Hey Rows,
    I'm currently still in with a chance at the chocolates this year, although I think I'm starting to slip away (cash gen, rockliff injury and shaw over doch from rd 1).
    From early on i've seen Bontempelli as a 'must have' upgrade from his rd 11 bye. It's already hurt not having him up until this point and I am considering the idea that instead of locking in my loss and buying into him (and his possible regression to a lesser avg), to consider somebody else like JPK/Hannebury, who history indicates should increase their avg from here, or, another breakout candidate like Cripps.
    In round 12 I'll definitely be bringing in Docherty regardless of his price, but how do you see the Bonts year playing out from here?
    Do you think he's worth betting against?
    Hey bianch,
    congratulations on your good start!
    There's no doubt you are going to need to separate your team, from the teams above it, even at the risk of falling further behind. Building a similar team leaves you no chance, with the flipside being, that missing say a Docherty (as you pointed out), can also make it hard.
    Bont is currently owned by about 56% of the top 100, and I think that number might grow in the next 3 or 4 weeks. Targetting a JPK (13%), Selwood (11%), Neale (6%), Cripps (6%), Zorko (4%), Merrett (3%) might just give you that separation you need!
    As for the Bont, I think he might be around 114-115 from here. Given different scenarios, you can probably go +/- 10 on that. I think it's only a 25-30% chance, that you'll profit by avoiding him, but I think you'll only find a higher percentage by sidewaysing someone you have, and it's probably too early to consider that yet.
    Good luck, I hope you find the right POD!

Statistician

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
    Thanks Rows,

However may have to rethink with Balic, Witts, SPP, Rocky, Parfit and possibly Parsons and Hannan getting dropped. Will definately cop at least one donut even being able to swing Nank to cover Witts.
    Are you performing any downgrades this week? Or are you going to hold? Apart from Myers who is risky, there is not much else. Alot will bring Myers in to help cover the loss of Balic etc.
    In reading your other posts is it better to cop a donut now (if its only one) and hold trades rather than bring in a Myers or any other uncertain rookie with shaky JS?
    Happy to help Slammer.
    There is some chance I am bringing Myers in this week, but not because of any great confidence in his scoring or JS. I think I need 2 or 3 more Cows, so I think I need to grab them when they are there.
    As to the Myers vs donut question, if you really don't like/want Myers, which I could understand, then I think I'd cop the donut over bringing him in.

350 Games Club

0 Not allowed!

Happy to help Slammer.
    There is some chance I am bringing Myers in this week, but not because of any great confidence in his scoring or JS. I think I need 2 or 3 more Cows, so I think I need to grab them when they are there.
    As to the Myers vs donut question, if you really don't like/want Myers, which I could understand, then I think I'd cop the donut over bringing him in.
    I guess I have to laugh now.
    Looking at the current outs I have already along with the potential outs, I think I will have more than one donut to cover. So I don't think I have any other choice but to bring Myers in now as not only a cash cow but to help cover the losses.

350 Games Club

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzo View Post
    Hi Rowsus,

19 trades left.

My first bit of advice, to anyone facing a donut or two this week, is to go through this simple exercise.
    Pretend that, instead of facing that/those donut/s, you have a couple of dud Rookies playing, filling those spots. Hannan/Parsons/Pickett whoever, it doesn't matter. You are only expecting 35-40 points from them, but you are safe from a donut.

I think people put way too much emphasis, on basically losing 35-40 points on a donut, and end up ruining plans and structures to avoid it. Crazy!

Straight away, I think you should rule Waite out! Not because he isn't a viable option, but because I think you'll create a Round 12 bye problem, as you already have Yeo, JJK, Nank and possibly Black having a bye that Round. Bringing in another Round 12 Fwd, unless it's a player you feel you have to have, and have to have now, is going to really cause an unnecessary problem. Witts to Goldy might also add to your Round 12 woes, as you definitely only get one Ruck on the ground. A donut in the Ruck, and potentially as few as 2 Fwds playing in Round 12, leaves you trying to find 15 players in Def and Mid, which can't be done. So I think you need to wait on Goldy too.
    Given how many potentially non-playing Rookies you have, I think you need to turn one of them into Myers. Myers isn't a must have, but at least he might get some cash generation going. I'm probably holding Rocky, but I'm probably better set up to do that. Once again, your number of non-playing Rookies might dictate that you have to trade Rocky out.
    If you go Rocky to Myers, that should allow you to upgrade any of the non-playing Rookies you choose.
    Until we see team selections, and know how good/bad it is, that's my best advice.
    Good luck
    Hey Rows/Juzzo,

Apologies for hijacking this thread but being in a similiar situation as Juzzo I thought I would just put it out there something I am potentially looking at which is a risk but may work.
    Juzzo,
    Like me you have alot of non-playing rookies in Parfit/Balic etc. and a decent backline that is doing ok.
    I am actually looking at something that is very left field and risky in that I could go early in bringing in Perryman for Parfit which opens up the M/D link with Adams.
    That then allows me move Adams to the mids and play my D7/D8 on field (which happens to be Newman or Hampton)
    This in turn allows me to keep Rocky and I also then may trade Balic in my mids for Myers.
    I still may cop a donut if Hannan/Parsons doesn't play but I keep Rocky , generate cash, get rid of two non playing rookies who are not likely to play in the near future in Balic and Parfit
    The risk yes is Perryman..however he is a high draft pick who is highly rated (hence the higher price) .
    Worse case scenario I am left with another non playing/non cash cow as another FD but can still move Adams back to defense and Rocky back in the mids when he returns.
    Just something I am contemplating that I thought I would share with you.
    Cheers

350 Games Club

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
    Hey Rows/Juzzo,

Apologies for hijacking this thread but being in a similiar situation as Juzzo I thought I would just put it out there something I am potentially looking at which is a risk but may work.
    Juzzo,
    Like me you have alot of non-playing rookies in Parfit/Balic etc. and a decent backline that is doing ok.
    I am actually looking at something that is very left field and risky in that I could go early in bringing in Perryman for Parfit which opens up the M/D link with Adams.
    That then allows me move Adams to the mids and play my D7/D8 on field (which happens to be Newman or Hampton)
    This in turn allows me to keep Rocky and I also then may trade Balic in my mids for Myers.
    I still may cop a donut if Hannan/Parsons doesn't play but I keep Rocky , generate cash, get rid of two non playing rookies who are not likely to play in the near future in Balic and Parfit
    The risk yes is Perryman..however he is a high draft pick who is highly rated (hence the higher price) .
    Worse case scenario I am left with another non playing/non cash cow as another FD but can still move Adams back to defense and Rocky back in the mids when he returns.
    Just something I am contemplating that I thought I would share with you.
    Cheers
    Was thinking of doing the same thing Slammer, by trading Parfitt to Lloyd (swans) which would open up my D/M link again with Berry/Adams, and allow me to play Lloyd/Adams in the mid this week, but I think I'll swing Berry back to mids when I upgrade another defender.
    I'm assuming you don't have Berry. I still have 2 spots to full premo in defence, it sounds like you have a full premo defence with Newman and Hampton D7/8, in which case you might have gone early on making your defence full premo. Ideally it would be good if you could downgrade Hampton to a dual pozzie F/D and maybe pull "Don't pay the Perryman" into your mids on the bubble, but this week you have more important things to fix by the sounds like me. If Hampton is dropped this week you can loop Newman.

Good luck, whichever way you go.

350 Games Club

0 Not allowed!

Good luck
    Thanks Rowsus, that has simplified things and cleared my mind.
    Round 11 is worse for me than round 12.
    Round 12 I have just about full mids and defs, but bugger all forwards.

Thanks again (bad luck you're not up against me this week in cashie) lol

Cheers
    Juzzo

50 Games Club
    AFL Club: Collingwood

0 Not allowed!

Hi Rowsus,

First question for a while as it's been bothering me all week. I've watched Oliver with interest all year. He started with a bang and I assumed he would fade, but he seems to be going from strength to strength. I've decided to bring him into my MIDS this week as I needed a premo trade in and he looked the best bang for buck, ie. points average vs price. Do you think he can sustain this form through to seasons end ?
    SuperCoach:  22001 (2017)  23199 (2016)  59563 (2015)  33156 (2014) 

Statistician

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jones711 View Post
    Hi Rowsus,

First question for a while as it's been bothering me all week. I've watched Oliver with interest all year. He started with a bang and I assumed he would fade, but he seems to be going from strength to strength. I've decided to bring him into my MIDS this week as I needed a premo trade in and he looked the best bang for buck, ie. points average vs price. Do you think he can sustain this form through to seasons end ?
    Hi jones711,
    let's assume you are shopping for a Round 11 Mid.
    You think Oliver represents better bang for buck than JPK (who is $19,400 cheaper) or Parker ($41,800 cheaper)? Cripps is only $4,700 more than Oliver.
    I'm happy to have Oliver in my team, but I wouldn't be paying his price now, which equates to about 108/game. Especially not when JPK and Parker are cheaper, and I'd expect JPK to outscore Oliver, and Parker to match him, at least, from here.
    I'm hoping Oliver can score at 105-107 from here, he could possibly go 110, but would seem more likely to go 103 than 110.
    If you are not specifically looking at Round 11 Mids, I'd also add in Martin and Kelly as cheaper players I'd take in front of Oliver.

50 Games Club
    AFL Club: Collingwood

0 Not allowed!

I hadn't considered that perspective, thanks Rowsus excellent advice. JPK looks enticing ...
    SuperCoach:  22001 (2017)  23199 (2016)  59563 (2015)  33156 (2014) 

Rising Star Nominee
    AFL Club: Hawthorn

0 Not allowed!

Hey Row,
    Three quick reviews if you dont mind
    Premo -
    Cripps. He looks back to his tackling contested self.
    Mid Pricers -
    Walters - obviously a big risk but his role change has been working.
    Billings - again a risk but is it worth it?

Would you look at bringing any of those guys in?

Thanks

Statistician

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragons View Post
    Hey Row,
    Three quick reviews if you dont mind
    Premo -
    Cripps. He looks back to his tackling contested self.
    Mid Pricers -
    Walters - obviously a big risk but his role change has been working.
    Billings - again a risk but is it worth it?

Would you look at bringing any of those guys in?

Thanks
    Hey BD,
    Cripps - definitely worthy of consideration!
    Walters - worried he might return to the poisonous mostly small Fwd role when S Hill returns. Too risky for mine.
    Billings - only averaging 86, and priced at 90. Good the last 2 games, but unlikely to continue scoring at 100+

Rising Star Nominee
    AFL Club: St Kilda

0 Not allowed!

Hi Rowsus,

Upgrading to either JPK or Kelly. Runs on the board v next generation. What do you think from here for these 2.

cheers Saint
    SuperCoach:  1654 (2015)  4427 (2014)  1466 (2013) 

Statistician

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saintellica View Post
    Hi Rowsus,

Upgrading to either JPK or Kelly. Runs on the board v next generation. What do you think from here for these 2.

cheers Saint
    Hi Saint,
    Rowsus' SC Rules say history over potential. Then there's the GWS factor, where their Mids seem to be very up and down.
    Against those 2 things, Kelly seems to have a bit of X-factor about him.
    The safe option, on what we know, is JPK, the fun option is Kelly. Nothing better than taking a young player on the up, and getting a good POD.
    Depending on how your season is going, choose the safe option, or the fun option.

400 Games Club
    AFL Club: St Kilda

0 Not allowed!

Hi stephen,
    it might be a bit early to go after the value picks, but I guess if I was hunting some, I would be looking at:
    Def: Mills or Hooker. Mills could turn his season around, and go mid to low 90's from here, and Hooker has been known to get on hot streaks of 110+ averages in bursts.
    Mid: Parker, or it's not that big of a stretch to reach JPK if you went to Parker. Shiel or Ward might potentially fill the bill, but I'm not in love with either of them.
    Right now it's a bit hard to spot the value picks for compromised selections, though I think it's a bit early to be committing to compromised picks anyway, especially in the Mids.
    Thanks Rowsus,

Think I'll get JPK this week but I'm too respectful to call him a compmromise pick.

Interesting that you say it might be too early to committing to that - Newman's sudden burst of cash probably proves you right. You never know what's around the corner so best to keep options open.

Thanks again