Page 1 of 46 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate My Team

Strategist
    AFL Club: Essendon

0 Not allowed!

Impromptu's SuperCoach team
    SuperCoach 2014 has now opened so I've created a new Rate My Team.

Please feel free to discuss your team and use the format:

D: D1, D2 ... (D7, D8)
    M: M1, M2 ... (M, M10)
    R: R1, R2 (R3, R4)
    F: F1, F2 ... (F7, F8)

To show the Byes:

M: Ablett(8), Pendlebury(8)

To view the previous Rate My Team thread, visit: 915-Rate My Team
    SuperCoach:  Winner (2011)  724 (2010)  188 (2009)  AFL Dream Team:  26 (2011) 

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path - Morpheus
    Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach?Immortality! Take it! It's Yours! - Achilles

200 Games Club
    AFL Club: Western Bulldogs

0 Not allowed!

Junior Wölf's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    SuperCoach 2014 has now opened so I've created a new Rate My Team.

Please feel free to discuss your team and use the format:

D: D1, D2 ... (D7, D8)
    M: M1, M2 ... (M, M10)
    R: R1, R2 (R3, R4)
    F: F1, F2 ... (F7, F8)

To view the previous Rate My Team thread, visit: 915-Rate My Team
    How are the bye rounds looking?
    SuperCoach:  25,858 (2013) 

"Rise and Rise again,
    Until Lambs become Lions"

Strategist

0 Not allowed!

Impromptu's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wölf View Post
    How are the bye rounds looking?
    Cheers, amended in OP.
    SuperCoach:  Winner (2011)  724 (2010)  188 (2009)  AFL Dream Team:  26 (2011) 

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path - Morpheus
    Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach?Immortality! Take it! It's Yours! - Achilles

Rising Star Winner
    AFL Club: Brisbane

0 Not allowed!

Schmicko's SuperCoach team
    ...such smooth sailing without the rush!

Draftee
    AFL Club: West Coast

0 Not allowed!

D: Mitchell, Hibberd, Hurn, Henderson, McDonald, Laidler, (Fuller, Barrass)
    M:Ablett, Pendleburry, Barlow, Beams, Thomas, Aish, Michie, Sheed (Dunstan. O'Rourke)
    R: Naitanui, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
    F: Dangerfield, Wingard, Franklin, Zorko, Fasolo, Bock (Taylor, D.Garlett)

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Bring on the 2014 Season! \m/

50 Games Club
    AFL Club: Melbourne

0 Not allowed!

sangkuriang's SuperCoach team
    Will repost this as it was at the tail end of the last thread.

Have gone (for the time being) with an amped up midfield, in exchange for a depleted forward line. Set and forget rucks, defence sub 500K. Lack of genuine options in the forward line has led me to go light - let me know if you think this is too light.

Thoughts and criticism very welcome - I addressed my Bugg selection in an earlier post. Perhaps Wines will be similarly unpopular. He may well eventually morph into A. Gaff, but for the moment Ollie it is.

Henderson can (of course) be swung into the forward line for Curran.

Here goes:

Def: Houli, L. Henderson (F), Broadbent, Bugg, Darley, Fuller (Jayden Hunt, D. Flynn)
    Mid: Ablett, Barlow, Griffen, Cotchin, Wells, Ziebell, Wines, X. Ellis, (V. Michie, D. Garlett)
    R: Minson, Pyke, (Currie, King)
    Fwd: Wingard (M), Franklin, L. Hunter (M), G. Rohan, J. Impey, T. Curran (D), (J. Marsh, L. McBean)

note: $58,000 cash left.

Green indicates locked in my thinking presently.

Thanks again.

50 Games Club
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide

0 Not allowed!

Batters31's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by sangkuriang View Post

Have gone (for the time being) with an amped up midfield, in exchange for a depleted forward line. Set and forget rucks, defence sub 500K. Lack of genuine options in the forward line has led me to go light - let me know if you think this is too light.

Thoughts and criticism very welcome - I addressed my Bugg selection in an earlier post. Perhaps Wines will be similarly unpopular. He may well eventually morph into A. Gaff, but for the moment Ollie it is.

Here goes:

Def: Houli, L. Henderson (F), Broadbent, Bugg, Darley, Fuller (Jayden Hunt, D. Flynn)
    Mid: Ablett, Barlow, Griffen, Cotchin, Wells, Ziebell, Wines, X. Ellis, (V. Michie, D. Garlett)
    Fwd: Wingard (M), Franklin, L. Hunter (M), G. Rohan, J. Impey, T. Curran (D), (J. Marsh, L. McBean)

Thanks again.
    For what it's worth I have gone with 3.5 backs, 6 mids, 1.5 rucks and 3 forwards to start.

It is difficult to answer your question because so much of it depends on the rookies, if there are not enough fwd/def rookies playing I will redistribute the premiums and take more fwd/mid premiums.

Whenever I get close to a "final" team I work out how many of the players I am happy to keep in my final team, with my current set-up that is 13, meaning I need to get 9 layers in using 30 trades.

Of those trades, 2 will most likely go in round 2 when I change rookies. I like to allow 4 for trading due to injured premiums who I would otherwise keep.

That leaves me with 24 trades to bring in 9 players, just under 3 per player. Given that I am presently starting less rookie mids it will be more difficult for me to generate cash, however at the same time, premium fwd/def's cost less. On those numbers I think I can get it done, therefore I like my current set up.

If I look at yours I think I would keep the players in bold:

Yu would need to bring in 12 players with 24 trades, or 2 trades per player. Admittedly Broadbent, Bugg, Wells, Ziebell and Wines could all generate more cash than rookies but 2 trades per player is cutting it fine.

If you see any of those as actual keepers then you have more trades up your sleeve.

On a side note, I see you put Flynn from Port in, if you are actually planning on using him I would be concerned. He is an Irishman who just came across this year. When Port made the announcement, both Flynn and the club basically said he wouldn't play in his first year so I would be surprised if he gets a game outside of NAB cup.

Captain
    AFL Club: Geelong

0 Not allowed!

Nk29's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by sangkuriang View Post

Here goes:

Thanks again.
    Lachie Hendersen is injured atm (but not serious):
    http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/spo...aining-injury/
    I like it in general, but think you've gone to strong in the midfield.
    SuperCoach:  184 (2013)  7082 (2012) 

Rising Star Nominee

1 Not allowed!

Nothing like making and entering in that first official squad for the year. Any advice would be great.

Backs: McVeigh, Mitchell, Thompson, Suckling, Kolodjashnij, McDonald (Gardiner, Fuller)

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Ellis, Dunstan (Acres, Garlett)

Rucks: Lobbe, Sanilands (Thurlow, Nankervis)

Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Franklin, Pavlich, Kersten (Taylor, Kennedy-Harris)
    SuperCoach:  2172 (2013)  20,000+ (2012) 

200 Games Club

0 Not allowed!

Deeman1's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno View Post
    Nothing like making and entering in that first official squad for the year. Any advice would be great.

Backs: McVeigh, Mitchell, Thompson, Suckling, Kolodjashnij, McDonald (Gardiner, Fuller)

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Beams, Thomas, Michie, Ellis, Dunstan (Acres, Garlett)

Rucks: Lobbe, Sanilands (Thurlow, Nankervis)

Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Franklin, Pavlich, Kersten (Taylor, Kennedy-Harris)
    Hey Benno,

Looks pretty solid to me at this stage. Have you got much cash left?

Back and forwards look good and the Mids are prerty much identical to mine.

Only comment would be no J Martin (yes I know he is expensive), but if half the hype around his correct and he is better than O'Meara last year, I would see is as a mistake not to start him.

Rising Star Nominee

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeman1 View Post
    Hey Benno,

Looks pretty solid to me at this stage. Have you got much cash left?

Back and forwards look good and the Mids are prerty much identical to mine.

Only comment would be no J Martin (yes I know he is expensive), but if half the hype around his correct and he is better than O'Meara last year, I would see is as a mistake not to start him.
    Not much left only a few thousand. I've had Martin in every draft during the preseason, but thought that I'd try a side with out him to see how it looks. Might look squeeze him in. Thanks for the feedback
    SuperCoach:  2172 (2013)  20,000+ (2012) 

Draftee
    AFL Club: Hawthorn

0 Not allowed!

Hello everyone, new to this site but was wondering if my supercoach team could be rated and given feedback thanks
    Backs: Bartel.J, Mitchell.S, Shaw.H, Birchall.G, Suckling.M, Kolodjashnij.K, (Cutler.T, Fuller.M)

Mids: Pendlebury.S, Watson.J, Murphy.M, Beams.D, Thomas.D, Martin.J, Michie.V, Sheed.D (Dunstan.L, Crouch.M)

Rucks: McEvoy.B, Sanilands.A (Brown.B, Nankervis.T)

Forwards: Dangerfield.P, Martin.D, Franklin.L, Zorko.D, Taylor.L, Garlett.D (Impey.J, Honeychurch.M)

I have got 57,800 left if you feel that anything should be changed thanks.

All Australian Captain

1 Not allowed!

IDIG's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by EMGEE_6 View Post
    D: Mitchell, Hibberd, Hurn, Henderson, McDonald, Laidler, (Fuller, Barrass)
    M:Ablett, Pendleburry, Barlow, Beams, Thomas, Aish, Michie, Sheed (Dunstan. O'Rourke)
    R: Naitanui, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
    F: Dangerfield, Wingard, Franklin, Zorko, Fasolo, Bock (Taylor, D.Garlett)

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Bring on the 2014 Season!
    Nice mix, no issues for mine although I'd have Martin in before Wingard...and the other Martin in (just in case). Bock, I'm really not sure about but who knows how he'll go.
    SuperCoach:  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013)  13,727 (2012) 

It's more than a game.

Debutant
    AFL Club: Brisbane

0 Not allowed!

Which team do you prefer and why, all my plans went out the window and i have a few odd picks in each.

or

Chasin' after death so we can call ourselves brave?
    Still livin' like mental slaves
    Hidin' like thieves in the night from life Illusions of oasis makin' you look twice
    Hidin' like thieves in the night from life Illusions of oasis makin' you look twice

Lions, Broncos, QUEENSLANDER

400 Games Club
    AFL Club: Western Bulldogs

1 Not allowed!

Bobbie's SuperCoach team
    Quite liking my latest draft...

Def: Mitchell, Hibberd, Enright, Adcock, KK, Cutler (Langdon, Fuller)
    Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Griffen, Watson, Murphy, Aish, X.Ellis, McDonald (Dunstan, Taylor)
    Ruck: Lobbe, Sandi (Thurlow, King)
    Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Garlett, Impey, Hogan (Brown, Kennedy-Harris)

$160,700 left.

Have a bit of cash to play with and will consider downgrading Griff/Watson to Beams/Daisy pending NAB performance. Extra cash will go towards another premium forward. Forward rookies are not really set - struggling a bit there.

200 Games Club

0 Not allowed!

Lenny5's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie View Post
    Quite liking my latest draft...

Def: Mitchell, Hibberd, Enright, Adcock, KK, Cutler (Langdon, Fuller)
    Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Griffen, Watson, Murphy, Aish, X.Ellis, McDonald (Dunstan, Taylor)
    Ruck: Lobbe, Sandi (Thurlow, King)
    Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Garlett, Impey, Hogan (Brown, Kennedy-Harris)

$160,700 left.

Have a bit of cash to play with and will consider downgrading Griff/Watson to Beams/Daisy pending NAB performance. Extra cash will go towards another premium forward. Forward rookies are not really set - struggling a bit there.
    Very good team as long as you find 3 fwd rookies your confident in starting on field. I have the same first 4 defenders as you
    SuperCoach:  N/A (2014)  1010 (2013)  755 (2012) 

2012 SC: 755
    2013 SC: N/A

Draftee

0 Not allowed!

I decided to change Pendlebury for Ablett

250 Games Club
    AFL Club: Fremantle

0 Not allowed!

bloke's SuperCoach team
    D: Mitchell, Simpson, Hurn, Henderson, KK, McDonald (Fuller, Cutler)
    M: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Murphy, Beams, J Martin, Aish, Michie (Dunstan, O'Rourke)
    R: Lobbe, Sandi (Thurlow, King)
    F: Danger, Dusty, Buddy, Pav, Markworth, Taylor (Garlett, Impey)

Pretty set. 10k left. If I need more cash, I'll ditch Murphy for Daisy. Thoughts?

50 Games Club

0 Not allowed!

sangkuriang's SuperCoach team
    Quote Originally Posted by Batters31 View Post
    For what it's worth I have gone with 3.5 backs, 6 mids, 1.5 rucks and 3 forwards to start.

It is difficult to answer your question because so much of it depends on the rookies, if there are not enough fwd/def rookies playing I will redistribute the premiums and take more fwd/mid premiums.

Whenever I get close to a "final" team I work out how many of the players I am happy to keep in my final team, with my current set-up that is 13, meaning I need to get 9 layers in using 30 trades.

Of those trades, 2 will most likely go in round 2 when I change rookies. I like to allow 4 for trading due to injured premiums who I would otherwise keep.

That leaves me with 24 trades to bring in 9 players, just under 3 per player. Given that I am presently starting less rookie mids it will be more difficult for me to generate cash, however at the same time, premium fwd/def's cost less. On those numbers I think I can get it done, therefore I like my current set up.

If I look at yours I think I would keep the players in bold:

Yu would need to bring in 12 players with 24 trades, or 2 trades per player. Admittedly Broadbent, Bugg, Wells, Ziebell and Wines could all generate more cash than rookies but 2 trades per player is cutting it fine.

If you see any of those as actual keepers then you have more trades up your sleeve.

On a side note, I see you put Flynn from Port in, if you are actually planning on using him I would be concerned. He is an Irishman who just came across this year. When Port made the announcement, both Flynn and the club basically said he wouldn't play in his first year so I would be surprised if he gets a game outside of NAB cup.
    Thanks mate.

I'd be disappointed if at least one of Wells or Ziebell didn't end up being a keeper.

Being a Port fan, do you that Clurey could break into the backline? Liking some of the hype around Impey.

Draftee

0 Not allowed!

would someone be able to rate my team?
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 46 123411 ... LastLast