SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook

View Poll Results: Who do you think should be in Australia's Test team? (poll created 24/11/16)

Voters
16. REGISTER to Vote.
  • Steve Smith (capt)

14 87.50%
  • David Warner

14 87.50%
  • Usman Khawaja

12 75.00%
  • Matt Renshaw

13 81.25%
  • Joe Mennie

0 0%
  • Joe Burns

3 18.75%
  • Kurtis Patterson

1 6.25%
  • Travis Head

7 43.75%
  • George Bailey

1 6.25%
  • Peter Handscomb

13 81.25%
  • Jake Lehmann

2 12.50%
  • Nic Maddinson

2 12.50%
  • Matthew Wade

8 50.00%
  • Peter Nevill

5 31.25%
  • Stephen O'Keefe

1 6.25%
  • Nathan Lyon

13 81.25%
  • Mitchell Starc

14 87.50%
  • Josh Hazlewood

13 81.25%
  • Jackson Bird

9 56.25%
  • Chad Sayers

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173180181182183
Results 3,641 to 3,658 of 3658
    Dual Best & Fairest
    AFL Club: Collingwood

0 Not allowed!

Starc confirmed out of the Boxing Day Test , replaced by Bird.

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Test Squad named for South Africa

SCG eleven + Handscomb , Bird , J Richardson , Holland.

They don't take Holland to Bangladesh , instead take O'Keefe (who was suspended) and now take him to SA after no games for about 6 weeks.

weird

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

T20 squad

Warner
    Finch
    Agar
    Carey
    Dwarshuis
    Head
    Lynn
    Maxwell
    Richardson , K
    Short
    Stanlake
    Stoinis
    Tye
    Zampa

what does Fawad Ahmed have to do to get a game ? and Ashton Turner ?

AFL Club: Essendon

1 Not allowed!

Chasing 127, England were 0-47 and bowled out for 96 lol

Lloyd Pope 8-35 saves Australia against England at under-19 World Cup

Nathan Lyon, step aside, Australian cricket has a new cult hero. Rising star Lloyd Pope burst to prominence on Tuesday after claiming a magical eight-wicket haul that evoked memories of former leg-spin great Shane Warne's World Cup heroics.

Dubbed the Wizard by his teammates, the Adelaide teenager with the flowing red locks has good reason not to be familiar with the famous semi from the 1999 World Cup; he was still in his mother's womb. But for any cricket fan who watched Warne break South African hearts, the similarities in the performances were striking.

With hope fading, both leg-spinners produced game-changing spells. There was a magic ball – Pope's wrong-un which spun sharply back through the gate a decent reply to Warne's ripping leg-break to Herschelle Gibbs – not to mention the guttural cries post wicket pleading for his teammates to keep believing.

Bowling from the aptly named Remarkables End at Queenstown, the 18-year-old cut a swath with 8-35 from 57 balls as England, after being 0-47, was spun out for 96 chasing Australia's total of 127. His figures are the best in the tournament's history.

There has been a boom on Pope for some time. Few players have dominated Australia's under 17 and 19 championships like Pope, who has taken 54 wickets from 23 games at a measly 16.1 apiece. As a leggie of some repute, the comparisons with Warne are inevitable.

They will come thick and fast the higher up the grades he rises, which is just as well he has already learnt not to read too much into the commentary.

What is already clear is the pair share a similar appetite for the contest. Captain Jason Sangha threw the ball to Pope after only five overs, which is early to bring on a spinner in 50-over cricket. Some bowlers are daunted by the occasion, but not Pope.

"I like putting myself in pressure scenarios. I feel like I bowl better under pressure," Pope said.

"It gives me confidence my captain is looking for me to advance the game, put me in early and have the faith in me to land a ball straight away and take some wickets. I love those scenarios. It's cricket, it's fun."

It's the type of confidence that Warne, who seldom doubted he could be the match-winner for his team, carried throughout his 15-year international career.

While Pope, who has not played higher than first grade, knows there is a long way to go before he goes remotely close to Warne's achievements, his match-winning feats earned him a ringing endorsement from the legendary bowler.

"This is terrific & brings a huge smile to my face. I had the pleasure of meeting this impressive young man in Adelaide a while ago! Was nice to have a bowl with him too – Lloyd give it a rip – well done & congrats! Spin to win my friend," Warne tweeted to his 3.3 million followers.

Warne's flipper was a major weapon early in his career. Pope's favourite is his wrong-un, the one which spins back, instead of away from, the right-hander. Four of his eight wickets against England came through this delivery.

"I like to control it as much as my leggie. I try and use it as a variation, it's a second delivery for me, it's nice when it works out," Pope said.

"Everyone's been supportive of my wrong-uns. I've always played cricket for fun.

"Challenge in longer forms is to get the ratios right. In white-ball cricket, I can bowl a few more variations."

There are big raps on the current under-19 team, which features seven players on rookie state contracts. Captain Jason Sangha has already played Shield cricket for NSW and earlier this summer became the second-youngest player to score a first-class century against England, behind Sachin Tendulkar. Vice-captain Will Sutherland, the son of Cricket Australia chief James Sutherland, claimed four wickets on List A debut for Victoria this season.

Highlights https://www.cricket.com.au/news/matc...hts/2018-01-23
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 

Highest overall ranking: 18th (Rd 18, 2014)

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IDIG View Post
    Chasing 127, England were 0-47 and bowled out for 96 lol

Lloyd Pope 8-35 saves Australia against England at under-19 World Cup

Nathan Lyon, step aside, Australian cricket has a new cult hero. Rising star Lloyd Pope burst to prominence on Tuesday after claiming a magical eight-wicket haul that evoked memories of former leg-spin great Shane Warne's World Cup heroics.

Dubbed the Wizard by his teammates, the Adelaide teenager with the flowing red locks has good reason not to be familiar with the famous semi from the 1999 World Cup; he was still in his mother's womb. But for any cricket fan who watched Warne break South African hearts, the similarities in the performances were striking.

With hope fading, both leg-spinners produced game-changing spells. There was a magic ball – Pope's wrong-un which spun sharply back through the gate a decent reply to Warne's ripping leg-break to Herschelle Gibbs – not to mention the guttural cries post wicket pleading for his teammates to keep believing.

Bowling from the aptly named Remarkables End at Queenstown, the 18-year-old cut a swath with 8-35 from 57 balls as England, after being 0-47, was spun out for 96 chasing Australia's total of 127. His figures are the best in the tournament's history.

There has been a boom on Pope for some time. Few players have dominated Australia's under 17 and 19 championships like Pope, who has taken 54 wickets from 23 games at a measly 16.1 apiece. As a leggie of some repute, the comparisons with Warne are inevitable.

They will come thick and fast the higher up the grades he rises, which is just as well he has already learnt not to read too much into the commentary.

What is already clear is the pair share a similar appetite for the contest. Captain Jason Sangha threw the ball to Pope after only five overs, which is early to bring on a spinner in 50-over cricket. Some bowlers are daunted by the occasion, but not Pope.

"I like putting myself in pressure scenarios. I feel like I bowl better under pressure," Pope said.

"It gives me confidence my captain is looking for me to advance the game, put me in early and have the faith in me to land a ball straight away and take some wickets. I love those scenarios. It's cricket, it's fun."

It's the type of confidence that Warne, who seldom doubted he could be the match-winner for his team, carried throughout his 15-year international career.

While Pope, who has not played higher than first grade, knows there is a long way to go before he goes remotely close to Warne's achievements, his match-winning feats earned him a ringing endorsement from the legendary bowler.

"This is terrific & brings a huge smile to my face. I had the pleasure of meeting this impressive young man in Adelaide a while ago! Was nice to have a bowl with him too – Lloyd give it a rip – well done & congrats! Spin to win my friend," Warne tweeted to his 3.3 million followers.

Warne's flipper was a major weapon early in his career. Pope's favourite is his wrong-un, the one which spins back, instead of away from, the right-hander. Four of his eight wickets against England came through this delivery.

"I like to control it as much as my leggie. I try and use it as a variation, it's a second delivery for me, it's nice when it works out," Pope said.

"Everyone's been supportive of my wrong-uns. I've always played cricket for fun.

"Challenge in longer forms is to get the ratios right. In white-ball cricket, I can bowl a few more variations."

There are big raps on the current under-19 team, which features seven players on rookie state contracts. Captain Jason Sangha has already played Shield cricket for NSW and earlier this summer became the second-youngest player to score a first-class century against England, behind Sachin Tendulkar. Vice-captain Will Sutherland, the son of Cricket Australia chief James Sutherland, claimed four wickets on List A debut for Victoria this season.

Highlights https://www.cricket.com.au/news/matc...hts/2018-01-23
    and here we go again :-)

I wish the media would learn , let's wait and see whether he even gets to first class level 9amazing how many U19 players don't even get to first class level) before we have another Warne, hell he was a once in a million player.

let me try and remember

discounting MacGill (who would have 500 + wickets) if it was not for Warne and is evry bet as good as Mailey, Grimmett, Benaud, Saunders and Hordern etc

Casoon (left arm) , White (did het Sachin out), Bailey, McGain (disaster test debut), Fawad Ahmed, Zampa, Boyce, Swepson (waiting)

Dan Cullen, Krezja etc etc

luckily we have the GOAT (he even took time to develop totally and fully)

although Warnie did work with Pope during the Adelaide Ashes test and was impressed.

time will tell

good luck to 'their is hope in Pope"

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Afghanistan have another one - not bad money for a 16 year old

looking forward to following them in their next series against Zimbabwe and then in the World Cup Qualifying, India better be careful of what pitch they prepare for the June Test, Rashid Khan, Nabi and Zadran may embarrass King Kohli and his merry men

Mujeeb Zadran - Kings XI Punjab (USD 625,000)

Ask him if he is an offspinner or a legspinner and Mujeeb Zadran will tell you he can bowl the offbreak, the carrom ball, the legbreak, the googly, and any other variation you want. It is no shop talk. Mujeeb, who comes from the eastern Afghanistan province of Khost, is only 16, but has managed to befuddle batsmen in Under-19 tournaments with his trickery. What puts instant doubt in the batsman's mind is the inability to read Mujeeb's action. That is the same reason behind his compatriot Rashid Khan becoming the world's best wristspinner in T20 cricket.

Another unique fact of Mujeeb's bowling is that he has predominantly bowled with the new ball. He also became the first international cricketer born in the 21 century when he played for Afghanistan against Ireland in December and won the Man-of-the-Match award on debut. He has also been one of the match-winners for Afghanistan on their route to the semi-finals of the Under-19 World Cup.

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

and a player from Nepal made history as well

Sandeep Lamichhane?

The latest spin bowling sensation in the Associate world, and now the first Nepal player snapped up by an IPL franchise after he received a INR 20 lakh ($31000) bid from Delhi Daredevils.

thought Paul Stirling (Ireland) would have been picked, should be compulsory that each team must sign up a developing player from Afghanistan/Ireland + the associates teams

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Test spinners since Warne retired in January 2007

Hogg
    MacGill
    Hauritz - bowl the mysterty ball, the one that spins, was at Bangalore when Vijay and Sachin absolutely smashed him in 2010 in a 300 run partnership
    Casson
    Krezja
    McGain
    Doherty - seriously ?
    Beer - ditto
    Lyon
    Agar
    O'Keefe
    Holland

White and Smith could be added as well as they were picked as spinners.

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

one to watch from the U19 World Cup

Ponting was saying that their opener and captain Prithvi Pankaj Shaw 4 centuries in his first 5 1st Class games.

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

they have to be joking

If you thought this summer was badly organised by Cricket Australia, sit back and take in what looms for the 2018-2019 season.

After playing away in June and July with five ODIs, and a T20 against England, plus one Test with an ODI against Zimbabwe, the Australians return home.

From October to January, the Australians will play:

Bangladesh at home for two Tests and three ODIs.

Pakistan away for five ODIs, and a T20..............................................W TF

South Africa at home for five ODIs, and three T20s.............................WTF

India at home for four Tests.

And Sri Lanka at home for two Tests, and three ODIs.

In February and March, it’s India away for five ODIs, and two T20s.

And Pakistan away for three Tests.

Brownlow Medalist

0 Not allowed!

Amazing! Maxwell scores an unbeaten ton in a T20 chase of only 155. 40 not out in the first game too.

Making the selectors seem super silly for not to selecting him in the ODIs, hahaha.
    Supercoach: 3775 (2017) 530 (2016) 1858 (2014) 805 (2013) 4220 (2011) 574 (2010) Real Dreamteam: 74 (2017) 1225 (2016) 335 (2015) 518 (2014)

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber18 View Post
    Amazing! Maxwell scores an unbeaten ton in a T20 chase of only 155. 40 not out in the first game too.

Making the selectors seem super silly for not to selecting him in the ODIs, hahaha.
    different format

where do you have him batting in the ODI side ?

Selectors seem set on Warner , Finch , Lynn (untried) , Smith , Stoinis , Marsh

Maxwell & Head

maybe they need to look at the C & VC last 12 months :-)

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Harry Nielsen century on shield debut for SA

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

2nd Innings of the Queensland Tasmania Shield game

MS Wade 3.4 0 13 3

Peirson, Swepson and Doggett his victims

200 Games Club

0 Not allowed!

Hey guys, wondering if you can help me out? I'm looking for a really good bat maker in Victoria. I want a quality stick to be made. Would you have any recommendations? I know it's a dying art here in Australia with the influx of cheaper bats from Asia. Worst comes to worst, I'll go to good old Greg Chappell on Dudley St and pick up something worthwhile off the shelf for next season. Any thoughts welcome. Don't mind spending a bit of dough for a well-made, reliable bat.
    SC: 20,758 (2017) 5,469 (2016) 34,935 (2015) 21,740 (2014) 16,000 (2013) 5,200 (2012)
    RDT: 1,810 (2017) 6,949 (2016) 2,059 (2015)
    BBL DT: 131 (16/17) 1,949 (17/18)
    BBL SC: 420 (16/17)
    Drafter AFLW: 37 (2017)

Get Schwifty

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Lynn dislocated his right (good) shoulder in the T20 final.

Going back to Brisbane for assessment so might be out of the PSL.

AFL Club: North Melbourne

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 30BucketsofRo View Post
    Hey guys, wondering if you can help me out? I'm looking for a really good bat maker in Victoria. I want a quality stick to be made. Would you have any recommendations? I know it's a dying art here in Australia with the influx of cheaper bats from Asia. Worst comes to worst, I'll go to good old Greg Chappell on Dudley St and pick up something worthwhile off the shelf for next season. Any thoughts welcome. Don't mind spending a bit of dough for a well-made, reliable bat.
    Here is the Google search link https://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I've been to Cricket Willow and they have great bats and a great complex. Seen plenty of Fishers of quality and I know Callan (former Test cricketer) has been around for many years. The others are new to me, however I finished playing cricket in Victoria six years ago, so they are new to me but maybe not to the market.

Send Goodies Guns a PM, as he plays at a District club and may have a more up to date perspective. In addition, he is a batsman.

If you have an old favourite bat that needs repair, rather than buying a new bat, I can recommend a great repairer from my old club.
    SuperCoach:  937 (2017)  5036 (2016)  AFL Dream Team:  989 (2017) 

"God bless fantasy football. There are many things a man can do with his time. This... is better than those things." - Pete

2018 SCS Planner

Bay Villas Resort, Port Douglas

Dual Best & Fairest

2 Not allowed!

some recent news from here and abroad

* Wade 139 v WA following up his 3 wickets against QLD, perhaps he should be considered as a all rounder

* Renshaw 170 & Heazlett 124 no v Victoria , Pucovski 188 for his maiden shield century (he is the latest wonder kid, has had a lot of concussion issues in the past so hopefully he gets himself right) , Labuschagne 100 no

* Nick Winter 5/48 & 5/61 in his second shield game, Cooper 105 no

in England news Adil Rashid has temporarily retired from first class cricket to concentrate on white ball cricket, Willey expected to do the same and Morgan has not played a first class game since 2015..........................will this be a worry as more and more players turn to the multiple T20 leagues around the world and the growing threat of T10, I mean you can't blame them , even Starc will earn more in the IPL than his CA contract.

Hate to see what some of these players from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe etc etc are being paid by their boards, I think the ICC is trying to work out a player country payment system for all teams, given they can't structure a Test championship or one day league correctly I won't hold my breath.

* speaking of Afghanistan, Rashid Khan helped his side to a 4-1 ODI series win over Zimbabwe with 16 wickets at 7.93 and is now ranked + No 1 for bowlers in the ODI rankings, 16 yo Mujeeb Ur Rahman took 12 wickets including his first 5 wicket haul.

* UAE and Nepal advance from ICC World Cricket League Division Two to the World Cup Qualifiers to be held in Zimbabwe from March 4 - 25 , top 2 to qualify for the 2019 World Cup.

Group A: Ireland, Netherlands, PNG, UAE, West Indies
    Group B: Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Nepal, Scotland, West Indies

Gayle and Samuels are in the WI squad but Bravo, Narine, Pollard & Russell have all decided to play in the PSL, surely if the WI fail to qualify for the World Cup they need to sit down with these players and sort this mess out for once and all, maybe say ok you can play T20 leagues for 3 months of the year but the remaining time you are required for WI cricket.

* and finally Australia start their one and only practice match today against South Africa A before their 4 test series, 1st test starts March 1st in Durban, hopefully Warner's flight arrived in time.

Cheers