SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook

View Poll Results: Who do you think should be in Australia's Test team? (poll created 24/11/16)

Voters
17. REGISTER to Vote.
  • Steve Smith (capt)

    14 82.35%
  • David Warner

    14 82.35%
  • Usman Khawaja

    13 76.47%
  • Matt Renshaw

    14 82.35%
  • Joe Mennie

    0 0%
  • Joe Burns

    4 23.53%
  • Kurtis Patterson

    1 5.88%
  • Travis Head

    8 47.06%
  • George Bailey

    2 11.76%
  • Peter Handscomb

    14 82.35%
  • Jake Lehmann

    2 11.76%
  • Nic Maddinson

    2 11.76%
  • Matthew Wade

    9 52.94%
  • Peter Nevill

    5 29.41%
  • Stephen O'Keefe

    1 5.88%
  • Nathan Lyon

    14 82.35%
  • Mitchell Starc

    15 88.24%
  • Josh Hazlewood

    14 82.35%
  • Jackson Bird

    10 58.82%
  • Chad Sayers

    2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 189 of 190 FirstFirst ... 89139179186187188189190 LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 3790
  1. #3761
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzRulesFootball View Post
    Feel for Maxy
    Khawaja done nothing all series. Maxy flies all the way to South Africa at short notice with 3 batsmen already out and does not even get picked ahead of Khawaja. Bloody stiff.
    averaging less than Hazlwood , take out his 75 and he has made 30 runs in 5 innings.


    He is like Guinness , can't travel.

    Seems to me he can't tough it out and try and bat for 3-4 hours and graft out a Innings.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  2. #3762
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date: 23-03-2012
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 19,277
    Likes: 4,181
    Rep Power: 6901


    0 Not allowed!

    Captain Paine is in a lot of pain with broken thumb for a broken team at end of long summer.

    Top scored no less. Kudos to him and Cummings fighting it out in final Test with series lost cause now.

    If Paine cannot keep does Handscomb take gloves ?
    Hopefully South Africa enforce follow on so Paine can rest up.
    Hope his finger not stuffed for good. He deserves better luck than this.
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

    In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

  3. #3763
    Moderator
    Join Date: 21-05-2012
    AFL Club: Hawthorn
    Posts: 15,186
    Likes: 4,867
    Rep Power: 5334
    Moderator


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzRulesFootball View Post
    Captain Paine is in a lot of pain with broken thumb for a broken team at end of long summer.

    Top scored no less. Kudos to him and Cummings fighting it out in final Test with series lost cause now.

    If Paine cannot keep does Handscomb take gloves ?
    Hopefully South Africa enforce follow on so Paine can rest up.
    Hope his finger not stuffed for good. He deserves better luck than this.
    South Africa batting again, with Morkel injured and Rabada not looking at his sharpest late in the summer they were always going to bat again to give the bowlers some rest with so much time left in the game.

    After a great personal showing with the bat, Paine is keeping despite the finger injuries. It took an unreal catch by Elgar to dismiss him also.
    SuperCoach:  7,008 (2017)  1,940 (2016)  2,715 (2015)  3,063 (2014)  8,473 (2013)  282 (2012) 

    That's What I'm Talkin' About

  4. #3764
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    got a email from RDT saying they are running a fantasy comp for the IPL.

    starts early Sunday morning g Australian time

    anyone playing ?

    looks similar to Big Bash , teams having DWG and Byes , 3 trades per round over 12 rounds.

    Apart from not knowing 90% of the Indians , be tough knowing which 4 of the "foreign" players teams will play , might be learning as the season progresses.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  5. #3765
    Moderator
    Join Date: 13-09-2014
    AFL Club: North Melbourne
    Posts: 7,495
    Likes: 9,742
    Rep Power: 14175
    Moderator


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    got a email from RDT saying they are running a fantasy comp for the IPL.

    starts early Sunday morning g Australian time

    anyone playing ?

    looks similar to Big Bash , teams having DWG and Byes , 3 trades per round over 12 rounds.

    Apart from not knowing 90% of the Indians , be tough knowing which 4 of the "foreign" players teams will play , might be learning as the season progresses.
    I don't play this competition but below is the fixture table (courtesy from Damion23) which details the DGR and BYE teams.

    Good luck if you're having a dip.

    Name:  IPL.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  55.6 KB
    SuperCoach:  9,307 (2017)  15,799 (2016)  1,033 (2015)  6,367 (2014)  8,442 (2013)  AFL Dream Team:  485 (2017)  2,706 (2016) 

    BBL|05 Major Prize Winner
    BBL|06 Member of #1 Ranked League

  6. #3766
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by THCLT View Post
    I don't play this competition but below is the fixture table (courtesy from Damion23) which details the DGR and BYE teams.

    Good luck if you're having a dip.

    Name:  IPL.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  55.6 KB
    Cheers mate

    I think I will have a go , bit of practice for Big Bash.

    Don't really follow the IPL that closely so will probably just base trades around fixture and stats.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  7. #3767
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    1 Not allowed!

    only a little over 1,000 entrants for the IPL Dream Team Fantasy

    they really need to drum up some more interest for this and EPL, NBA, NFL Fantasy etc by providing prizes

    now to work out all these Indian players I have never heard of trade and do my trades in mind of DWG and Byes.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  8. #3768
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date: 23-03-2012
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 19,277
    Likes: 4,181
    Rep Power: 6901


    0 Not allowed!

    What is our one day side going to look like in England ?
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

    In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

  9. #3769
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzRulesFootball View Post
    What is our one day side going to look like in England ?
    depends if their uniform is a nice yellow or green.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  10. #3770
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    depends if their uniform is a nice yellow or green.
    Finch , Head , Lynn , Stoinis , Maxwell , M Marsh
    Paine (Carey)
    Agar
    Hazlewood , J Richardson , Tye

    no Warner so maybe Short gets a go.
    would like to see Turner
    Zampa did not get a contract so he looks out of favour.
    Coulter-Nile , Cummins , Starc are all injured or in cotton wool so spots available
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  11. #3771
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date: 23-03-2012
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 19,277
    Likes: 4,181
    Rep Power: 6901


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    Finch , Head , Lynn , Stoinis , Maxwell , M Marsh
    Paine (Carey)
    Agar
    Hazlewood , J Richardson , Tye

    no Warner so maybe Short gets a go.
    would like to see Turner
    Zampa did not get a contract so he looks out of favour.
    Coulter-Nile , Cummins , Starc are all injured or in cotton wool so spots available
    Would love to see more of Lynn but sadly plays so much T20 around world that shoulder is not holding up. Even when he does play that shoulder in field is not ideal for 50 overs where fielding an important part of team.

    Yeah, Carey and Paine in same team I like. Might even be handy to rest Paine's fingers up from time to time with Carey taking gloves and Paine in field as captain.

    Would love to see Coulter-Nile or Behrendorff out there and see how they bowl with white ball in English conditions. Pattinson any chance of body right for 50 over cricket too?
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

    In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

  12. #3772
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzRulesFootball View Post
    Would love to see more of Lynn but sadly plays so much T20 around world that shoulder is not holding up. Even when he does play that shoulder in field is not ideal for 50 overs where fielding an important part of team.

    Yeah, Carey and Paine in same team I like. Might even be handy to rest Paine's fingers up from time to time with Carey taking gloves and Paine in field as captain.

    Would love to see Coulter-Nile or Behrendorff out there and see how they bowl with white ball in English conditions. Pattinson any chance of body right for 50 over cricket too?
    I actually think we need to find a batsmen that can bat the full 50 overseas and let all the explosive egos bat around him , similar to Root at England.

    Geoff Marsh was ideal many years ago.

    T20 has encouraged everyone to be a hitter though.

    Selectors seem adamant that Lynn plays at 3 , has not played domestic ODI's for seasons though , he has played the first 2 IPL games.

    Shoulders will be a ongoing issue with him.

    Behrendorff and Coulter-Nile both pulled out of IPL due to injury , think Pattinson is in rehab as well.

    Stanlake is playing IPL , not sure if he has 10 overs a game in him though , pace and swing.

    Does Paine C the ODI side or do they go with Finch as C and then Carey can open.

    Bailey could also be a option for C with the World Cup in 2019.

    I would prefer if they saved Paine and his fingers for test cricket only.

    Think Khawaja was also in the squad as well.

    Warner's ODI form over the last 12-24 months has dropped (I think) so I don't think we will miss him as much in this format.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  13. #3773
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date: 23-03-2012
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 19,277
    Likes: 4,181
    Rep Power: 6901


    0 Not allowed!

    TV rights get announced in an hour or two. Just caught end of discussion on SEN with Adam Cooney and Andy Maher talking about Foxtel are getting more of it which will be sad if local games are less on free to air. Always expect most overseas games on Foxtel but to have our own local summer international cricket having some lost to Pay tv will be a downer. Full details guess I wait to hear next hour.
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

    In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

  14. #3774
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    Jim Wilson just said 5 year deal with Channel 7......please not BT, Basil and Hamish commentating the cricket :-(

    Tests , ODI , Big Bash , overseas tours , World Cup.

    Still waiting for Sutherland's announcement
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  15. #3775
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    ODI's and T20 Internationals on Foxsports by the sounds of it.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  16. #3776
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    with thanks to the Fox Sports Australia page

    Fox Sports’ exclusive TV rights:

    Every home Australian men’s one-day and Twenty20 international

    16 Big Bash League matches



    Prime Minister’s XI and Governor-General’s XI matches.

    13 JLT One-Day Cup matches per season

    Sheffield Shield final



    Fox Sports and Seven Network’s simulcast TV rights:

    Every home Test

    All Big Bash League matches (16 broadcast exclusively on Fox Sports)

    23 Women’s Big Bash League matches

    Allan Border Medal and Belinda Clark Award night live
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  17. #3777
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 12-04-2014
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 3,684
    Likes: 2,069
    Rep Power: 7282


    0 Not allowed!

    So anyone without Foxtel will never see a 50 over game of any sort?
    SuperCoach:  20937 (2017)  589 (2016)  3225 (2015)  8243 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  226 (2017)  397 (2016) 


  18. #3778
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkie View Post
    So anyone without Foxtel will never see a 50 over game of any sort?
    that's the understanding I got.

    watching the press conference Sutherland kept dodging the question , and just said their is more cricket on free to air , which I gather is more woman's games.

    The Foxtel man said they have different ways of streaming , so I gather that is on phones and tablets etc etc.

    Can't see them "selling" the games to 9 or 10.
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  19. #3779
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 12-04-2014
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 3,684
    Likes: 2,069
    Rep Power: 7282


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    that's the understanding I got.

    watching the press conference Sutherland kept dodging the question , and just said their is more cricket on free to air , which I gather is more woman's games.

    The Foxtel man said they have different ways of streaming , so I gather that is on phones and tablets etc etc.

    Can't see them "selling" the games to 9 or 10.
    Thanks mate.

    Very bad outcome if the person in the street can't easily watch a one dayer.

    I think England made the same mistake a few years ago.
    SuperCoach:  20937 (2017)  589 (2016)  3225 (2015)  8243 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  226 (2017)  397 (2016) 


  20. #3780
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 4,510
    Likes: 1,512
    Rep Power: 3059


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkie View Post
    Thanks mate.

    Very bad outcome if the person in the street can't easily watch a one dayer.

    I think England made the same mistake a few years ago.
    Also losing about 16 Big Bash games as well.

    Apparently the Govt has a rule that ODI's and T20 Internationals must be shown on free-to-air so they must have some deal in mind.

    Still think their should be a free-to-air dedicated sports channel that has to show games involving Australia whether it is the cricket team , Socceroos , Wallabies , Boomers , Opals etc etc
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •