SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook

View Poll Results: Who will win the brownlow and can the winner still come from outside of these 4?

Voters
14. REGISTER to Vote.
  • Danger $4.00

    2 14.29%
  • Sloane $5.50

    0 0%
  • Martin $6.00

    5 35.71%
  • Bont $8.00

    0 0%
  • No, the winner will be one of these 4

    2 14.29%
  • Yes, the winner can still come from outside of these 4

    9 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 239
  1. #41
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,569
    Likes: 2,369
    Rep Power: 7055


    0 Not allowed!

    I've got no idea how multis work- how does that equate to 61.70 odds???
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  2. #42
    50 Games Club
    Join Date: 17-01-2015
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 536
    Likes: 390
    Rep Power: 1782


    0 Not allowed!

    For a multi you simply multiply each leg.
    So 3 legs at 2.00 each would be 2x2x2 = $8.00

    In this case, I tried to put the multi on and couldn't do it anyway, though i'm positive I could last year! Can anyone confirm this?
    SuperCoach:  4149 (2016)  133 (2015)  410 (2014)  840 (2013)  8266 (2012)  981 (2011) 


  3. #43
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 30-07-2014
    AFL Club: Sydney
    Posts: 702
    Likes: 794
    Rep Power: 3938


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by MC's Mix View Post
    For a multi you simply multiply each leg.
    So 3 legs at 2.00 each would be 2x2x2 = $8.00

    In this case, I tried to put the multi on and couldn't do it anyway, though i'm positive I could last year! Can anyone confirm this?
    Generally Multi's aren't available until the Regular season has concluded.

  4. #44
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 08-01-2014
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 3,929
    Likes: 2,566
    Rep Power: 4507


    0 Not allowed!

    Does anyone think Gawn is a chance to poll well?
    He's had a ripper season and is very distinctive with his beard and general high profile, plus Melb have done ok as well.
    Supercoach: 5380 (2017) 6335 (2016) 736 (2015) 5723 & 188 finals (2014) 31696 (2013)
    Shake-and-Bake
    I Wanna Go Fast

  5. #45
    50 Games Club
    Join Date: 23-01-2014
    AFL Club: Geelong
    Posts: 578
    Likes: 397
    Rep Power: 1291


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    Does anyone think Gawn is a chance to poll well?
    He's had a ripper season and is very distinctive with his beard and general high profile, plus Melb have done ok as well.
    Goldy underpolled last year despite dominating arguably more than Gawn has this season. I can't see Gawn polling enough to make top 10
    I miss RAMP

  6. #46
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date: 23-03-2012
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 19,098
    Likes: 4,091
    Rep Power: 6821


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by MC's Mix View Post
    EDIT: Sportsbet odds and can't multi them!
    TAB:
    Zorko @ 3.25
    Pendles @ 1.55
    Ward @ 3.50!!
    Wells @ 3.50

    = $61.70!? Jesus...
    Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    I've got no idea how multis work- how does that equate to 61.70 odds???
    Quote Originally Posted by MC's Mix View Post
    For a multi you simply multiply each leg.
    Yep. I do not bet much on things like this but looking at it it roughly looks like the prices for Zorko at $3.25 equates to 4 wins from 13 attempts.
    Pendls price of $1.55 looks to me say 20 wins out 31 attempts and Ward and Wells price of $3.50 each equates to 2 out of 7 each.
    Multiply them gives something like this to be worked out.
    4/13 times 20/31 times 2/7 times 2/7 which equals 320/19747

    To get the price I think work out (19747/320) = 60.709375

    $60.71 I think
    Nice of them to give you an extra dollar on top of it

    Somebody who is professional punter could verify.
    Rowsus himself is person to know for sure.
    Think he used to work with bookies at one time in life.
    Last edited by OzRulesFootball; 16-08-2016 at 3:32pm.
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

    In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

  7. #47
    Statistician
    Join Date: 19-03-2012
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 14,244
    Likes: 12,154
    Rep Power: 22457
    Moderator


    2 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzRulesFootball View Post
    Yep. I do not bet much on things like this but looking at it it roughly looks like the prices for Zorko at $3.25 equates to 4 wins from 13 attempts.
    Pendls price of $1.55 looks to me say 20 wins out 31 attempts and Ward and Wells price of $3.50 each equates to 2 out of 7 each.
    Multiply them gives something like this to be worked out.
    4/13 times 20/31 times 2/7 times 2/7 which equals 320/19747

    To get the price I think work out (19747/320) = 60.709375

    $60.71 I think
    Nice of them to give you an extra dollar on top of it

    Somebody who is professional punter could verify.
    Rowsus himself is person to know for sure.
    Think he used to work with bookies at one time in life.
    To get the price you simply multiply: 3.25 x 1.55 x 3.50 x 3.50 = $61.71

    Your method, Oz, gives the odds in it's old fashion form of 60.71/1, which these days is shown as $61.71. They're exactly the same, just shown differently.
    for eg. the old 5/2 is now shown as $3.50. 4/1 as $5.00 etc.
    We're goin' to need a bigger boat...

  8. #48
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date: 23-03-2012
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 19,098
    Likes: 4,091
    Rep Power: 6821


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowsus View Post
    To get the price you simply multiply: 3.25 x 1.55 x 3.50 x 3.50 = $61.71

    Your method, Oz, gives the odds in it's old fashion form of 60.71/1, which these days is shown as $61.71. They're exactly the same, just shown differently.
    for eg. the old 5/2 is now shown as $3.50. 4/1 as $5.00 etc.
    Oh yeah, that makes sense.
    If I ever try to work out any value in sports odds, I tend to try to work out probability and see if any value, hence I look at it like I did earlier and think is Zorko a 4 out of 13 chance of winning the Brownlow and if the answer is no, I know there is no value. If it is way better than what I think it should be that is where I look for value. I actually rarely bet though. Like to see a lot more football games live than what I seen to get a better idea.

    Anyway, thanks for clarifying what the price should be. Easier to work out than the way my mind looks at it.
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

    In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

  9. #49
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 09-03-2012
    AFL Club: Adelaide
    Posts: 3,553
    Likes: 1,213
    Rep Power: 2779


    0 Not allowed!

    Surely Brisbane are a bit too risky to include in a team multi this year with only 3 wins and a bunch of thumpings to boot, wouldn't have thought there would be many votes going around at all and it would be easy enough for a surprise pick to get out in front?
    Go Crows!

  10. #50
    300 Games Club
    Join Date: 06-07-2012
    AFL Club: North Melbourne
    Posts: 1,546
    Likes: 616
    Rep Power: 3078


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    Does anyone think Gawn is a chance to poll well?
    He's had a ripper season and is very distinctive with his beard and general high profile, plus Melb have done ok as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaahorn View Post
    Goldy underpolled last year despite dominating arguably more than Gawn has this season. I can't see Gawn polling enough to make top 10
    I wouldn't be surpised if Gawn beats Goldy last year. Gawn has taken a heap more contested marks, which are generally rewarded more by the umpires than disposals (eg. Sandi has always polled very well, Jacobs not so much). As mentioned, Gawn is also very distinctive and has been much talked about.

    I'd say he could easily make top 5 if he continues his form, though he's no challenge to Danger.
    SuperCoach:  3,104 (2013)  4,978 (2012)  9,760 (2011) 


  11. #51
    50 Games Club
    Join Date: 17-01-2015
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 536
    Likes: 390
    Rep Power: 1782


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Surely Brisbane are a bit too risky to include in a team multi this year with only 3 wins and a bunch of thumpings to boot, wouldn't have thought there would be many votes going around at all and it would be easy enough for a surprise pick to get out in front?
    Hence the value! I think Zorko will poll pretty well from those early games, where he was the only Lion showing up each week. I think he'd score a few 1s in losses.
    SuperCoach:  4149 (2016)  133 (2015)  410 (2014)  840 (2013)  8266 (2012)  981 (2011) 


  12. #52
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 30-07-2014
    AFL Club: Sydney
    Posts: 702
    Likes: 794
    Rep Power: 3938


    2 Not allowed!

    I have Gawn on 13.5 votes in Equal 20th.

  13. #53
    200 Games Club
    Join Date: 06-05-2013
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 1,153
    Likes: 675
    Rep Power: 1815


    0 Not allowed!

    Rory...
    SuperCoach:  1854 (2016)  51 F (2015)  1884 (2014)  740 (2013) 

    "I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land (1922).
    Riding the Kamehameha wave since 1986. Coach of the Kansas City Gunslingers FDLFC.

  14. #54
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 23-05-2013
    AFL Club: Sydney
    Posts: 4,213
    Likes: 3,435
    Rep Power: 6191


    1 Not allowed!

    There goes my nice little danger/Sloane bet!
    SuperCoach:  1400 (2016)  1017 (2015)  7654 (2014) 


  15. #55
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,569
    Likes: 2,369
    Rep Power: 7055


    0 Not allowed!

    Wow, I didn't even realise this put Sloane out of it...
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  16. #56
    Rising Star Nominee
    Join Date: 03-07-2012
    AFL Club: Richmond
    Posts: 154
    Likes: 116
    Rep Power: 1107


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronKirk View Post
    I put $300 on Sloane 2 weeks ago with Crownbet to win the Brownlow. ]
    Ouch, thats very tough

    seth
    Apparently every wrong decision youve made is Brownlow medallist Cotchin's fault
      Quote Quote

  17. #57
    Moderator
    Join Date: 08-03-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 23,610
    Likes: 11,732
    Rep Power: 9229
    Moderator


    0 Not allowed!

    Current odds
    Danger 1.43
    Dusty 6.50
    Parker, Bont 12.00
    Hanners, Jelwood 16.00

    I get the feeling Brownlow night might be a bit boring.
    Last edited by IDIG; 23-08-2016 at 6:05am.
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 


  18. #58
    Rising Star Nominee
    Join Date: 03-07-2012
    AFL Club: Richmond
    Posts: 154
    Likes: 116
    Rep Power: 1107


    0 Not allowed!

    Dusty 1.65?
    Thats not correct

    seth
    Apparently every wrong decision youve made is Brownlow medallist Cotchin's fault
      Quote Quote

  19. #59
    Best and Fairest
    Join Date: 08-02-2013
    AFL Club: Hawthorn
    Posts: 2,595
    Likes: 1,862
    Rep Power: 4846


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by sethlad View Post
    Dusty 1.65?
    Thats not correct

    seth
    Tab have him at $ 6.50

  20. #60
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date: 23-03-2012
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 19,098
    Likes: 4,091
    Rep Power: 6821


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaca View Post
    There goes my nice little danger/Sloane bet!
    Bummer that is.
    Was an outside chance.
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

    In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •