SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 356
  1. #261
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Motlop chooses Port.... be interesting to see what happens with Charlie now, I suspect the Crows wanted Motlop to allow him to be released to Brissy. Apparently Brissy have offered pick 19 for Charlie though. I'm wondering whether we could do a deal to snag Brisbane's pick one somehow.
    if the senior players wanted to drop Lever during the finals, then Charlie should be spending all next season in the SANFL.......they can't have it both ways.

  2. #262
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    0 Not allowed!

    Rockliff and now Motlop......add to Dixon, Gray and Wingard..........................very dangerous forward line.........IF it fires.

    thought their best results a few years ago was having a smaller open F50 with Schulz playing high forward.

  3. #263
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    2 Not allowed!

    I hope the GWS are asking the AFL for concessions :-)

    Stevie J (retired), Mummy probably as well

    Heater, Lids, Griff in their final year

    Smith gone

    Wilson leaving, Kennedy and Tomlinson likely to go

    geez their academy better have about 6 wonder kids coming through

    their NEAFL side finished bottom this season, perhaps their depth does not stretch as far as most people think.

    their premiership window might be closed already

    help them out AFL :-)

  4. #264
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,307
    Likes: 1,730
    Rep Power: 5930


    0 Not allowed!

    Port getting it done this off season. Big success whether Watts ends up here or not. Love Kane Cornes' work this off season, still tagging the Crows years after retirement .

    2 potentially interesting SC selections in Rocky and Motlop too.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  5. #265
    All Australian Captain
    Join Date: 11-11-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 9,549
    Likes: 6,055
    Rep Power: 11000


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Port getting it done this off season. Big success whether Watts ends up here or not. Love Kane Cornes' work this off season, still tagging the Crows years after retirement .

    2 potentially interesting SC selections in Rocky and Motlop too.
    Big winners so far are Port. They'll be strong top 4 contenders you'd think with their current list.
    Supercoach: 3775 (2017) 530 (2016) 1858 (2014) 805 (2013) 4220 (2011) 574 (2010) Real Dreamteam: 74 (2017) 1225 (2016) 335 (2015) 518 (2014)

  6. #266
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Yeah I think so mate. I'd think he'd be 75/25 m/f rotating with Robbie. Had a full shoulder recon this off season so I wouldn't mind getting a look at how he's recovered before I make any call though. Definitely will start the season underpriced though, only time will tell if he's the same 115+ player he's shown to be in bursts.

    Either way he'll improve us massively I reckon. Fingers crossed we can land one of Watts or Motlop now, sounds like your mob might have thrown a bit too much cash at Motlop for our tastes though.
    be interesting chat between Rockliff and Polec and Voss, shake hands have a beer and get on with it I guess.

  7. #267
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,307
    Likes: 1,730
    Rep Power: 5930


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    be interesting chat between Rockliff and Polec and Voss, shake hands have a beer and get on with it I guess.
    Voss and Rocky are good mates apparently, one of the reasons he decided to come here in the first place, just goes to show you can't always believe everything you hear in the media.

    Dunno about Polec though, both put their big boy pants on and get over it hopefully.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  8. #268
    Moderator
    Join Date: 13-09-2014
    AFL Club: North Melbourne
    Posts: 6,321
    Likes: 7,993
    Rep Power: 12380
    Moderator


    2 Not allowed!

    Summary so far...

    RFA #1
    J Trengrove (PAD) to WBD (PAD chose not to match offer from WBD)
    PAD yet to receive any compensation

    RFA #2
    T Rockliff (BRL) to PAD (BRL chose not to match offer from PAD)
    BRL received end of 1st round selection (selection #19) as compensation

    RFA #3
    S Motlop (GEE) to PAD (GEE chose not to match offer from PAD)
    GEE received selection #35 as compensation

    Trade #1
    ESS
    In: D Smith (GWS), selection #24
    Out: selection #11, 2018 3rd round selection
    GWS
    In: selection #11, 2018 3rd round selection
    Out: D Smith (GWS), selection #24

    Trade #2
    MEL
    In: J Lever (ADE), selection #36, 2018 3rd round selection
    Out: selection #10, 2018 1st round selection, 2018 4th round selection
    ADE
    In: selection #10, 2018 1st round selection, 2018 4th round selection
    Out: J Lever (ADE), selection #36, 2018 3rd round selection

    Trade #3
    HAW
    In: J Impey (PAD), selection #68
    Out: selection #33, selection #62, 2018 4th round selection
    PAD
    In: selection #33, selection #62, 2018 4th round selection
    Out: J Impey (PAD), selection #68

    Trade #4
    WBD
    In: H Crozier (FRE), 2018 4th round selection
    Out: selection #41, selection #83
    FRE
    In: selection #41, selection #83
    Out: H Crozier (FRE), 2018 4th round selection

    Trade #5
    ESS
    In: A Saad (GCS)
    Out: 2018 2nd round selection
    GCS
    In: 2018 2nd round selection
    Out: A Saad (GCS)


    A few other observations regarding current draft order...

    BRL has 4 selections inside the top 19: 1,12,18,19
    GCS has 6 selections inside the top 39: 2,20,23,25,37,39
    STK holds selections 7 & 8
    Premiers RIC has selections 15 & 17
    PAD still has selections 30 & 33 despite being very aggressive and the clear winner so far
    HAW 1st selection is at #44

    Whilst at NTH, all I'm hearing are crickets...
    Haven't signed any FA or completed any trades, though we've delisted 6 players in C Wagner, S Gibson, A Mullett, L Hansen, M Taylor & W Fordham!
    Last edited by THCLT; 16-10-2017 at 11:22am.
    SuperCoach:  15,799 (2016)  1,033 (2015)  6,367 (2014)  8,442 (2013)  AFL Dream Team:  2,706 (2016) 

    BBL|05 Major Prize Winner
    BBL|06 Member of #1 Ranked League

  9. #269
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Voss and Rocky are good mates apparently, one of the reasons he decided to come here in the first place, just goes to show you can't always believe everything you hear in the media.

    Dunno about Polec though, both put their big boy pants on and get over it hopefully.
    yeah half the lies in the media are made up :-)

    Port having a big crack with Rocky and Motlop , sounds like Watts could be next.

    no excuses for 2018

  10. #270
    Moderator
    Join Date: 08-03-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 23,610
    Likes: 11,732
    Rep Power: 9229
    Moderator


    1 Not allowed!

    Potential breakout candidate. Should be $335k give or take.

    He may join the list of my previous (failed) breakout defenders at that price with Sheridan and Sutcliffe the two others that come to mind.



    HAYDEN Crozier has made his way to the Western Bulldogs after the club traded pick No.40 to Fremantle as part of a deal for the versatile Victorian.

    The Dockers also received pick No.82 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and sent their future fourth-round selection back to the Bulldogs.

    Crozier has played 69 games in six seasons with the Dockers, including 35 in the past two years before coming out of contract in 2017.

    "Hayden's got a great athletic profile, which will allow us the flexibility to play him back, forward or wing, with his aerial game a particular strength," Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney told the club's website.

    "We see him primarily at half-back which, with the retirements of Bob Murphy and Matthew Boyd this season, will help our defence transition in 2018 and beyond.

    "It's a great result, securing Fremantle's future fourth-round pick enables us flexibility around draft value index points in the future."

    Fremantle is seeking to improve its draft hand so it can trade for Greater Western Sydney defender Nathan Wilson.

    The Dockers are also set to bring in Gold Coast forward Brandon Matera, likely for a late pick in this year's draft.

    "It's good to get this trade completed, although Hayden is a player we value and respect, we're happy for him to facilitate the move to the Western Bulldogs for pick No.40," Fremantle list manager Brad Lloyd told the club's website.

    "We had a clear list management strategy to add draft picks into our footy club and securing pick No.40 through this trade allows us to be well placed in the national draft.

    "We currently have pick No.5, two third-round and two fourth-round picks and from a strategic point of view we’re really happy with those picks and we look forward to the draft in the coming months."

    Crozier was recruited by the Dockers with pick No.20 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, arriving as a high-flying half-forward.

    He enjoyed his best season in 2016 as a running defender, averaging a career-high 16.5 disposals and 3.2 rebound 50s.

    The Rowville product played 19 games in 2017 and was used mostly inside 50, kicking 13 goals.

    "It was a dream come true for me to come over here and play for the Dockers and now it’s time for me to move back with family and friends and I’m looking forward to the opportunity with the Western Bulldogs," Crozier said on the club's website.
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 


  11. #271
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    0 Not allowed!

    Family in mourning after Gary Ablett’s sister Natasha dies

    It is understood the 35-year-old eldest child of Cats legend Gary Sr died alone at home.

    Natasha, the oldest sibling to Gary Jr, Nathan and Alisha and daughter of Gary Sr, had been receiving treatment through the Swanston Centre and died in non-suspicious circumstances on Thursday night.

    Ms Ablett had ongoing health battles and had been seeking treatment for schizophrenia.

    It is understood to be a driving factor in Ablett’s desperate pleas to return to Geelong.

  12. #272
    Best and Fairest
    Join Date: 07-07-2012
    AFL Club: West Coast
    Posts: 2,737
    Likes: 2,765
    Rep Power: 5208


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    yeah half the lies in the media are made up :-)

    Port having a big crack with Rocky and Motlop , sounds like Watts could be next.

    no excuses for 2018
    They might be be a chance to beat a top 8 side next season, lol

    The potential loss of Ryder will hurt a lot tho if he gets a jail sentence for assaulting a Police Officer.
    SuperCoach:  3,690 (2016)  4,619 (2015)  1,084 (2014)  5,623 (2013)  3,392 (2012)  206 (2011)  3,705 (2010)  2,022 (2009)  2,795 (2008)  3,626 (2007)  1,026 (2006) 


  13. #273
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    They might be be a chance to beat a top 8 side next season, lol

    The potential loss of Ryder will hurt a lot tho if he gets a jail sentence for assaulting a Police Officer.
    yeah that would help :-)

    apparently Ryder was saying the media did not report the entire story , looked clear cut.

    probably get off with a fine and community service

    they should hold onto Lobbe just in case

  14. #274
    Moderator
    Join Date: 08-03-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 23,610
    Likes: 11,732
    Rep Power: 9229
    Moderator


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    They might be be a chance to beat a top 8 side next season, lol.
    Savage!
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 


  15. #275
    Best and Fairest
    Join Date: 07-07-2012
    AFL Club: West Coast
    Posts: 2,737
    Likes: 2,765
    Rep Power: 5208


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    yeah that would help :-)

    apparently Ryder was saying the media did not report the entire story , looked clear cut.

    probably get off with a fine and community service

    they should hold onto Lobbe just in case
    Taking away the fact Ryder is involved... Surely they take a hard stance on assaulting a Police Officer. The public cant accept that.

    He may well get off the assault charge, but if found guilty, they have to go hard with a jail sentence.

    Gotta say as well, Geelong getting compo pick 19 for Motlop stinks... Way overs. The AFL clearly trying to get Ablett to Geelong is the only way to explain that.

    Hawthorn received the very same pick 19 for losing Lance Franklin to Sydney on a nine-year $10 million contract, Motlop leaves on a four year deal and is nowhere near the player Buddy is.
    Last edited by Lost In The Sky; 15-10-2017 at 12:22pm.
    SuperCoach:  3,690 (2016)  4,619 (2015)  1,084 (2014)  5,623 (2013)  3,392 (2012)  206 (2011)  3,705 (2010)  2,022 (2009)  2,795 (2008)  3,626 (2007)  1,026 (2006) 


  16. #276
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 2,458
    Likes: 867
    Rep Power: 2344


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Taking away the fact Ryder is involved... Surely they take a hard stance on assaulting a Police Officer. The public cant accept that.

    He may well get off the assault charge, but if found guilty, they have to go hard with a jail sentence.

    Gotta say as well, Geelong getting compo pick 19 for Motlop stinks... Way overs. The AFL clearly trying to get Ablett to Geelong is the only way to explain that.

    Hawthorn received the very same pick 19 for losing Lance Franklin to Sydney on a nine-year $10 million contract, Motlop leaves on a four year deal and is nowhere near the player Buddy is.
    I agree , assault is assault (especially against a police officer) sadly though we have different rules for Mr Joe Average to people with high profiles or sports people.

    I have never understood the compensation pick at all , seem they make it up as they go along.

    With the death of his sister Thursday night it is hard to imagine where Ablett's head is at the moment.

  17. #277
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,307
    Likes: 1,730
    Rep Power: 5930


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Taking away the fact Ryder is involved... Surely they take a hard stance on assaulting a Police Officer. The public cant accept that.

    He may well get off the assault charge, but if found guilty, they have to go hard with a jail sentence.

    Gotta say as well, Geelong getting compo pick 19 for Motlop stinks... Way overs. The AFL clearly trying to get Ablett to Geelong is the only way to explain that.

    Hawthorn received the very same pick 19 for losing Lance Franklin to Sydney on a nine-year $10 million contract, Motlop leaves on a four year deal and is nowhere near the player Buddy is.
    I'd be very surprised if Paddy got jail time. A bloke I used to work with has just been to court on surprisingly similar circumstances, first offence, assault, resist and assault police and walked away with a hefty fine and suspended sentence, and that was with a legal aid lawyer. Get a QC on your side, father being a police officer and a history of outstanding community work and numerous l character references from prominent media figures, he'll likely walk away with a fine. Inexcusable behaviour but suggesting jail time sounds a bit far fetched.

    Pretty hard to get a jail sentence in Australia for anything but repeat offences these days, right or wrong that's the state of the judicial system.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  18. #278
    Best and Fairest
    Join Date: 08-02-2013
    AFL Club: Hawthorn
    Posts: 2,595
    Likes: 1,862
    Rep Power: 4846


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Paddy got jail time. A bloke I used to work with has just been to court on surprisingly similar circumstances, first offence, assault, resist and assault police and walked away with a hefty fine and suspended sentence, and that was with a legal aid lawyer. Get a QC on your side, father being a police officer and a history of outstanding community work and numerous l character references from prominent media figures, he'll likely walk away with a fine. Inexcusable behaviour but suggesting jail time sounds a bit far fetched.

    Pretty hard to get a jail sentence in Australia for anything but repeat offences these days, right or wrong that's the state of the judicial system.


    Couldnt agree more, especially here in Victoria. The amount of serious crime and Murders by people on Bail is unbelievable.

  19. #279
    Statistician
    Join Date: 19-03-2012
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 14,244
    Likes: 12,154
    Rep Power: 22457
    Moderator


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by doc ron View Post
    [/B]
    Couldnt agree more, especially here in Victoria. The amount of serious crime and Murders by people on Bail is unbelievable.
    ...... and even more unbelievable, the amount of serious crime and murders by people on their 3rd or 4th bail, still awaiting the first trial! They keep offending, and keep getting bailed!
    We're goin' to need a bigger boat...

  20. #280
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,307
    Likes: 1,730
    Rep Power: 5930


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by doc ron View Post
    [/B]
    Couldnt agree more, especially here in Victoria. The amount of serious crime and Murders by people on Bail is unbelievable.
    My sister is a lawyer who practices mainly in child custody and divorce. While she can't give details she's told me the amount of times that women are attacked by partners on AVO/Restraining orders is almost 1 in 3. Says a lot about how Australia treats violent crime I guess.

    Back to the footy though, how de we all feel about the Motlop compensation. I have it on pretty good authority that the Motlop deal is 550 a year for 4 years + performance incentives, which on the current model should be band 2 compensation. Feels like a bit of AFL tinkering so the cats can bring Gaz home.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •