SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    400 Games Club
    AFL Club: Carlton

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    I always find it pretty hard to judge player movements until after the fact. Feels like you may have paid overs for Gibbs but got overs in return for Cameron so they probably balance out. 2 first rounders for a 29 year old is almost unheard of but chances are he plays 80 odd games for you and helps your flag chances in that time. There's also a chance he has a Deledio style breakdown so it really is hard to say. Rain check on this one for 3 years

Wigg is a win win for both clubs, I rate him quite highly but will have to see whether he transitions into an AFL standard midfielder.

If nothing else the trade period shows footy is alive and well in SA.
    Anyone can break down, but for all but one of his eleven seasons Gibbs has played at least 21 games, not fair comparison with Lids IMO.

Oh, and good luck Bryce you have served Carlton well and left with dignity.

Vice Captain
    AFL Club: Adelaide

0 Not allowed!

Wondering how the Gibbs move affects us SC wise, never averaged over 107 himself, so not really relevant, but does it make Sloane and Matt and Brad Crouch worth avoiding from a starting perspective? Rory and Matt "only" cracked 110 (and Brad 96) so if Gibbs eats away at some of those points it might make them hard to start until we get a feeling on what Gibbs role is and how it affects their scoring. Thoughts?
    Go Crows!

350 Games Club
    AFL Club: Adelaide

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Going to be a interesting reshuffle of the deck chairs on the SS Adelaide. Charlie and Lever gone and Smith out for the year with injury so three best 22 spots up for grabs. Gibbs into the mids pushes someone out there and you'd think Galluci will be pushing hard for a spot too. Gibson pushing for a spot along with Otten. Doedee maybe pushing for Lever's spot in defence? Charlie's small forward spot is the interesting one, don't think we have a like for like replacement that's super quick with a strong tackle, maybe Milera gets more of a run in that HF/mid role he seems to play. The forgotten Cam Ellis-Yolman to come back in too who was looking like a first choice player at the start of the year until he got injured.
    For sure will be some changes great competition for spots and hopefully more organic growth! I can see us changing things up with Smith going down. More mid rotations down back and generally a more speedy defence to copy with the changing game of fwd pressure. Even with Lever out I would have doedee/kelly competing for one spot. Milera and Gallucci must play every game IMO - I would like to see Milera HBF/Wing and Gallucci in the Cameron small fwd, pinch hit in the mid role.

My October Crows 22 (Smith injured) is

Doedee Talia Brown
    Gibbs Hartigan Laird
    Atkins Sloane Seedsman
    Jacobs B Crouch MCrouch
    Lynch Walker Knight
    McGovern Jenkins Betts

Douglas Greenwood Milera Gallucci

Emergency

Mackay Hampton Kelly

Gibson, Poholke, CEY, Otten, Cheney, Keath, O'Brien and Our 2018 R 1 Pick brings ready to go depth

SC relevance other than the obvious Laird at this stage for me is definitely Brad Crouch. If he has a big pre season I am locking him in he still has so much improvement in him. Doedee and maybe Poholoke with a huge preseason could be relevant IMO.
    SuperCoach:  7572 (2017)  2509 (2016)  356 (2015)  1791 (2014)  3579 (2013)  AFL Dream Team:  1121 (2017)  14 (2016)  3028 (2015)  1038 (2014)  108 (2013) 

Michael Tuck Club
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by blue dreamer View Post
    Anyone can break down, but for all but one of his eleven seasons Gibbs has played at least 21 games, not fair comparison with Lids IMO.

Oh, and good luck Bryce you have served Carlton well and left with dignity.
    Yeah that's exactly what I meant mate, it can happen to anyone. Lids hardly missed a game til his late twenties either. Until it's said and done its very hard to judge, though Gibbs seems less likely. Quality player and any team would be lucky to have him.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 

Dual Best & Fairest
    AFL Club: Collingwood

0 Not allowed!

as expected Mummy has retired.

thought the Giants may have chased a ruckmen during the trade period.

lot of faith placed in Lobb's and Boyd's hands.

Dawson Simpson 2 games @ 88.00 could he be a viable SC option.

Think structurally they are better off with Lobb ducking and Boyd and Cameron forward.

Be interesting if Lobb stays a F only, $ 389,000.00 if he is # 1 ruck could be worth it.

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Wondering how the Gibbs move affects us SC wise, never averaged over 107 himself, so not really relevant, but does it make Sloane and Matt and Brad Crouch worth avoiding from a starting perspective? Rory and Matt "only" cracked 110 (and Brad 96) so if Gibbs eats away at some of those points it might make them hard to start until we get a feeling on what Gibbs role is and how it affects their scoring. Thoughts?
    Matt Crouch 98.5 (12 games) pre bye , 125.2 (10 games) post bye

once I traded him out , did his game change or did he start getting rewarded for contested possessions ?

Brad Crouch 85.6 (8 games) pre bye , 105.6 (9 games) post bye.

if he can get a full preseason you would think he would improve again.

Gibbs could start in the middle (allow Sloane to play wing) or HB, W , HF himself.

without Smith teams may put more work into Laird.

Seedsman could be the one to benefit most.

Dual Best & Fairest

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    For sure will be some changes great competition for spots and hopefully more organic growth! I can see us changing things up with Smith going down. More mid rotations down back and generally a more speedy defence to copy with the changing game of fwd pressure. Even with Lever out I would have doedee/kelly competing for one spot. Milera and Gallucci must play every game IMO - I would like to see Milera HBF/Wing and Gallucci in the Cameron small fwd, pinch hit in the mid role.

My October Crows 22 (Smith injured) is

Doedee Talia Brown
    Gibbs Hartigan Laird
    Atkins Sloane Seedsman
    Jacobs B Crouch MCrouch
    Lynch Walker Knight
    McGovern Jenkins Betts

Douglas Greenwood Milera Gallucci

Emergency

Mackay Hampton Kelly

Gibson, Poholke, CEY, Otten, Cheney, Keath, O'Brien and Our 2018 R 1 Pick brings ready to go depth

SC relevance other than the obvious Laird at this stage for me is definitely Brad Crouch. If he has a big pre season I am locking him in he still has so much improvement in him. Doedee and maybe Poholoke with a huge preseason could be relevant IMO.
    Hey Blaze

I won't mention the GF mate :-)

You should submit your team to the coaching committee.

Big rapts on Doedee , thought Kelly performed just as well as Lever the latter half of the season.

Think people are under valuing Gibson , 6th in North's B&F , run all day , play a run with role and win his own ball.

Big opportunity for Milera/Knight/Gallucci/Menzel/Beech/Poholke.

Be interesting if Pyke keeps playing the Big 4 forward line.

Debutant
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    Matt Crouch 98.5 (12 games) pre bye , 125.2 (10 games) post bye

once I traded him out , did his game change or did he start getting rewarded for contested possessions ?

Brad Crouch 85.6 (8 games) pre bye , 105.6 (9 games) post bye.

if he can get a full preseason you would think he would improve again.

Gibbs could start in the middle (allow Sloane to play wing) or HB, W , HF himself.

without Smith teams may put more work into Laird.

Seedsman could be the one to benefit most.
    With M Crouch an increase in contested possessions, tackles and a decrease in clangers contributed to his great performance post bye.

Averaged 14.4 Contested possessions after the bye which was a increase from the pre bye CP avg of 12.58.
    Averaged 3.92 clangers pre bye and 2.3 post bye.
    Averaged 3.92 tackles pre bye and 5.5 post bye.

Averaged 124 from 10 games when his CP numbers were above his season avg of 13.4 . (low of 97 and a high of 139, 1/10 below 7/10 120+)

Averaged 123.1 from 10 games when his tackles were above his season avg of 4.6. (low of 88 and a high of 146, 1/10 below 100, 7/10 120+)

Averaged 116.54 from 13 games when his clangers were below his season avg of 3.2. (low of 79 and a high of 146, 2/13 below 100, 6/13 120+)
    SuperCoach:  40295 (2017)  3928 (2016) 

Quote Quote

Rising Star Winner
    AFL Club: St Kilda

0 Not allowed!

Think structurally they are better off with Lobb ducking and Boyd and Cameron forward.

Be interesting if Lobb stays a F only, $ 389,000.00 if he is # 1 ruck could be worth it.
    Dependent on what other choices we are given as fwds Lobb could be worth some thought. Although at his price you'd want to be pretty confident in him, because at 389k your going end up having him in your starting 22 for a large chunk of the season.
    Definitely on my watch list tho
    SuperCoach:  1129 (2017)  671 (2016)  40 (2015)  601 (2014)  539 (2013)  2900 (2012)  AFL Dream Team:  110 (2016) 

ski in,ski out accomm at falls Creek - www.chorkiskiclub.com.au
    beach house in lorne[sleeps17]- www.springlealorne.com.au

Statistician
    AFL Club: Melbourne

0 Not allowed!

Who is Boyd?
    Did you mean Patton?
    We're goin' to need a bigger boat...

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsus View Post
    Who is Boyd?
    Did you mean Patton?
    hahaha

Boyd left seasons ago , yep Patton is who I meant

Rising Star Nominee
    AFL Club: GWS Giants

1 Not allowed!

Lobb will start the year as the #1 ruck and probably solo with Patton, Tomlinson & Himmelberg providing a chop out.
    Dawson is "Break in case of emergency".
    Expect to see Flynn start to get games if tall spots open up, he will be a beast.
    SuperCoach:  43000 (2016)  40000 (2015)  16238 (2014)  45000 (2013)  42000 (2012)  130000 (2011) 

Quote Quote

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Misfit View Post
    Lobb will start the year as the #1 ruck and probably solo with Patton, Tomlinson & Himmelberg providing a chop out.
    Dawson is "Break in case of emergency".
    Expect to see Flynn start to get games if tall spots open up, he will be a beast.
    Cheers The Misfit

I hope they do as you suggest, think the forward line functions better with just 2 talls.

Johnson , Kennedy , Mumford , Smith , Wilson all gone hope they have luck with injuries next season , depth could get tested.

Full season for Coniglio , Delidio and Griffen would be nice.

Big pre seasons for Buntine , Perryman , Setterfield, A Kennedy and Finlayson.

Who do they look like taking from the academy ?

Who takes Wilson's spot ?

Rising Star Nominee

0 Not allowed!

Cheers The Misfit

I hope they do as you suggest, think the forward line functions better with just 2 talls.

Johnson , Kennedy , Mumford , Smith , Wilson all gone hope they have luck with injuries next season , depth could get tested.

Full season for Coniglio , Delidio and Griffen would be nice.

Big pre seasons for Buntine , Perryman , Setterfield, A Kennedy and Finlayson.

Who do they look like taking from the academy ?

Who takes Wilson's spot ?
    Will be a significantly reshaped side if nothing else changes and more than 80% of our best 22 are fit for the year tbh.
    We didn't just get hit with the injury stick it tried very hard to beat us to death..

Shipley is probably the lock Academy wise, Powell the only other genuinely likely, a couple that are more rookie chances, none likely to get games next year (I hope).

Personally I'd like us to play Griffen in Wilson's spot, Cumming and Perryman probably most likely right now, it's also a role Setterfield could play.
    None of them have Wilson's leg though, we will miss that weapon.
    SuperCoach:  43000 (2016)  40000 (2015)  16238 (2014)  45000 (2013)  42000 (2012)  130000 (2011) 

Quote Quote

100 Games Club
    AFL Club: Geelong

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Misfit View Post
    Will be a significantly reshaped side if nothing else changes and more than 80% of our best 22 are fit for the year tbh.
    We didn't just get hit with the injury stick it tried very hard to beat us to death..

Shipley is probably the lock Academy wise, Powell the only other genuinely likely, a couple that are more rookie chances, none likely to get games next year (I hope).

Personally I'd like us to play Griffen in Wilson's spot, Cumming and Perryman probably most likely right now, it's also a role Setterfield could play.
    None of them have Wilson's leg though, we will miss that weapon.
    Is Wilson worth a look now over at Freo SC wise?
    And Blakely seemed to thrive once playing the HB role and said he enjoyed it and hoped to continue it, with Wilson coming in does it change our thinking on Blakely's output
    if back to spending more time mid (not a bad thing just not where his big numbers/best was coming from)?

Please correct me if i have any of this wrong as i am not a Freo watcher lol and most of what i have said is recalled from reading.

Rising Star Nominee

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GoGeta View Post
    Is Wilson worth a look now over at Freo SC wise?
    And Blakely seemed to thrive once playing the HB role and said he enjoyed it and hoped to continue it, with Wilson coming in does it change our thinking on Blakely's output
    if back to spending more time mid (not a bad thing just not where his big numbers/best was coming from)?

Please correct me if i have any of this wrong as i am not a Freo watcher lol and most of what i have said is recalled from reading.
    I can't see him (Wilson) being SC relevant unless he suddenly played a significantly different game role, he isn't naturally a high disposal half back type like Williams.

I'm not educated on Freo's setup so can't comment beyond his 7 years with us.

Great get for Freo, esp at the price, but not for SC.

Quote Quote

100 Games Club
    AFL Club: West Coast

0 Not allowed!

Billy Hartung gets the boot. Not sure what happened there or if they think he has some skill shortage that cannot be rectified but the Eagles could sure use his pace. Wondering if the Sam Mitchell connection could come into play.
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere that is worth going to.
      Quote Quote

Brownlow Medalist
    AFL Club: Essendon

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manikato1 View Post
    Billy Hartung gets the boot. Not sure what happened there or if they think he has some skill shortage that cannot be rectified but the Eagles could sure use his pace. Wondering if the Sam Mitchell connection could come into play.
    Wouldn't mind him as a delisted free agent at the Bombers either instead of Jackson Merrett on the list.

I'm sure he'll get picked up by some club in any case, he's young and would be handy depth for a lot of sides!
    Supercoach: 3775 (2017) 530 (2016) 1858 (2014) 805 (2013) 4220 (2011) 574 (2010) Real Dreamteam: 74 (2017) 1225 (2016) 335 (2015) 518 (2014)

Best and Fairest
    AFL Club: West Coast

0 Not allowed!

Maligned Hawks recruit calls time on career

TY VICKERY has announced his retirement after losing his passion for the game following an ill-fated move to Hawthorn as a free agent.

Vickery played 119 games for Richmond before crossing to the Hawks at the end of 2016, playing only six games in the first season of a two-year contract.

The 27-year-old will technically remain on the Hawks' list in 2018, with his salary payout to form part of the club's Total Player Payments for next season.

Vickery said the off-season break had given him a chance to think about his future, with the tall forward deciding he was ready to start his post-football life.

"Football has been a huge part of my life, but I don’t have the same passion for the game that I once did," Vickery said in a statement released by the club.

"To have the freedom to travel and explore other opportunities away from football is something I’m really looking forward to and a big part of my decision.

"I’d like to thank Hawthorn and Richmond football club for all the support and opportunities over my career.

"I’ve been blessed to play at two great clubs and I’ll leave the game with a lot of close mates and great memories."

Vickery crossed to the Hawks during last year's free agency period after Richmond decided not to match a two-year offer from the Hawks.

The financial terms of Hawthorn's offer meant the Tigers received a second-round compensation pick (No.29 overall), which they used to recruit small forward Shai Bolton in last year's NAB AFL Draft.

Hawthorn list manager Graham Wright said Vickery's decision to retire had materialised over the past month.

"He was having some doubts about whether he wanted to go on as a player, considering he might play a fair degree of VFL football next year," Wright told hawthornfc.com.au.

"From his perspective it was all about moving on with the next stage of his life.

"His wife is obviously on the tennis circuit, and if he was looking at playing a fair bit of VFL football next year then the decision from his point of view was to move on with the rest of his life and travel a bit with his wife.

"For 2018 he will remain on the list. There's no advantage for us from that perspective. He's on the list and his money is in the cap."

The Hawks said they were disappointed with Vickery's decision but grateful for the open and honest approach he had taken over recent weeks when planning his future.

Vickery was taken by Richmond with pick No.8 in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft, kicking 160 goals across his 125-game career.

His wife, Arina Rodionova, is a professional tennis player with a world singles ranking of No.117.

Vickery endured a difficult season with the Hawks, with police investigating an alleged dispute with his business partner in July.

He was also the subject of venomous social media criticism during the Hawks' disappointing 0-4 start to the season.
    SuperCoach:  3,690 (2016)  4,619 (2015)  1,084 (2014)  5,623 (2013)  3,392 (2012)  206 (2011)  3,705 (2010)  2,022 (2009)  2,795 (2008)  3,626 (2007)  1,026 (2006) 

100 Games Club
    AFL Club: Geelong

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Maligned Hawks recruit calls time on career

TY VICKERY has announced his retirement after losing his passion for the game following an ill-fated move to Hawthorn as a free agent.

Vickery played 119 games for Richmond before crossing to the Hawks at the end of 2016, playing only six games in the first season of a two-year contract.

The 27-year-old will technically remain on the Hawks' list in 2018, with his salary payout to form part of the club's Total Player Payments for next season.

Vickery said the off-season break had given him a chance to think about his future, with the tall forward deciding he was ready to start his post-football life.

"Football has been a huge part of my life, but I don’t have the same passion for the game that I once did," Vickery said in a statement released by the club.

"To have the freedom to travel and explore other opportunities away from football is something I’m really looking forward to and a big part of my decision.

"I’d like to thank Hawthorn and Richmond football club for all the support and opportunities over my career.

"I’ve been blessed to play at two great clubs and I’ll leave the game with a lot of close mates and great memories."

Vickery crossed to the Hawks during last year's free agency period after Richmond decided not to match a two-year offer from the Hawks.

The financial terms of Hawthorn's offer meant the Tigers received a second-round compensation pick (No.29 overall), which they used to recruit small forward Shai Bolton in last year's NAB AFL Draft.

Hawthorn list manager Graham Wright said Vickery's decision to retire had materialised over the past month.

"He was having some doubts about whether he wanted to go on as a player, considering he might play a fair degree of VFL football next year," Wright told hawthornfc.com.au.

"From his perspective it was all about moving on with the next stage of his life.

"His wife is obviously on the tennis circuit, and if he was looking at playing a fair bit of VFL football next year then the decision from his point of view was to move on with the rest of his life and travel a bit with his wife.

"For 2018 he will remain on the list. There's no advantage for us from that perspective. He's on the list and his money is in the cap."

The Hawks said they were disappointed with Vickery's decision but grateful for the open and honest approach he had taken over recent weeks when planning his future.

Vickery was taken by Richmond with pick No.8 in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft, kicking 160 goals across his 125-game career.

His wife, Arina Rodionova, is a professional tennis player with a world singles ranking of No.117.

Vickery endured a difficult season with the Hawks, with police investigating an alleged dispute with his business partner in July.

He was also the subject of venomous social media criticism during the Hawks' disappointing 0-4 start to the season.

A real panic move by the hawks in wake of the Roughead cancer scare.
    I still feel that O'meara will also not work out for them but we'll see how this year unfolds.

A real ''grab anything that might work'' feel to a few Hawthorn trades at the end of 2016.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718