SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Dual Best & Fairest
    AFL Club: Carlton

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Philzsay View Post

Key Dates:

Friday October 6 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Monday October 9, 9am - NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Sunday October 15, 5pm - Close of NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period

Wednesday October 18 - NAB AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends

Thursday October 19, 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period closes

Tuesday 31 October, 2pm - List Lodgement 1

Tuesday 31 October, 2pm - Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son Players and Northern & NGA Academy Players Lodged

Wednesday November 1 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) begins

Wednesday November 8 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes

Thursday 9 November, 2pm - List Lodgement 2

Friday November 10 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins

Friday November 17, 5pm - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Friday November 24 - NAB AFL Draft, Sydney.

Saturday November 25 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) begins

Sunday November 26, 2pm - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (3) closes

Monday 27 November, 12pm - List Lodgement 3

Monday November 27, 5pm - NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts

Wednesday November 29, 2pm - Final AFL club list lodgement

Almost that time of year when a few rumours start to pop up with players expressing their desire to explore free agency and move home ect

Have heard a few early rumours that thought i would share (mainly Carlton related) all this is from the Carlton source i have listed many times so take any of this as you will

The first one is Josh Kelly, hearing he will almost certainly be at the Blues next year. Looks like Gibbs will be headed over to the Crows and we will then forward what we receive (2 first rounders look likely, Adelaide know they need serious help for Sloane and cant miss out for the second year in a row) Apparently another club that had serious interest (not sure who) has almost accepted that he may Carlton bound. kelly has a great relationship with all the ex Giants (Marchbank and SOS especially) which could be major reason he comes over.

IF Gibbs stays (think it is very unlikely) i believe Hopper will be a bigger priority over Kelly because he will obviously cost much less.

The next person may be a shock to many but James Sicily Looks almost set to become a Blue. I am hearing this is part of a handshake agreement to do with the weird trade Carlton did with the Hawks last year. Hearing a 3rd round pick in exchange for him.

Jacob Hopper Is someone Carlton rate extremely high (Apparently if Brisbane had pick 1 in 2015 and took Weitering we would have taken Hopper over Schache) Carlton and Essendon see to be the front runners for Hopper if he does decide to come home.

Adam Saad
    Is another name that has been floating around a little bit, Hearing he is considering a move back to Victoria. If he does decide to leave my guess he will go to either Collingwood/Bombers/Carlton

Levi Casboult looks like he will explore free agency and Richmond and Freo seen to be interested at this stage. Have no truth to this but apparently there was talk about Richmond offering 2mil over 4 years (this was not from the same source as the rest of the information) Would love a second round pick in return.

Kurt Tippett is an interesting one. Have heard he has had a few meetings with SOS and looks extremely likely to come to Carlton if Casboult decides to leave. I don't mind this idea as long as Sydney are paying half his salary at least.

Another thing i have seen floating around (not from the same source) is if Kelly does leave GWS they will try and lure Dusty Martin. Can see a potential 3way trade between GWS/Carlton/Richmond involving Kelly/Dusty/Casboult and picks

Some other names that i have seen floating around are Harley Balic, Brayden Fioroni and Rory lobb

Obviously nothing is concrete but thought i would just share a few things around. Just imagine how good a Kelly/Cripps combo would be.
    Last edited by Philzsay; 04-10-2017 at 4:57pm.
    SuperCoach:  1st :) (2017)  1010 (2016)  5512 (2015) 

The mighty Blues are coming! The future is bright, very bright!

Best and Fairest
    AFL Club: Collingwood

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsy44 View Post
    Almost that time of year when a few rumours start to pop up with players expressing their desire to explore free agency and move home ect

Have heard a few early rumours that thought i would share (mainly Carlton related) all this is from the Carlton source i have listed many times so take any of this as you will

The first one is Josh Kelly, hearing he will almost certainly be at the Blues next year. Looks like Gibbs will be headed over to the Crows and we will then forward what we receive (2 first rounders look likely, Adelaide know they need serious help for Sloane and cant miss out for the second year in a row) Apparently another club that had serious interest (not sure who) has almost accepted that he may Carlton bound. kelly has a great relationship with all the ex Giants (Marchbank and SOS especially) which could be major reason he comes over.

IF Gibbs stays (think it is very unlikely) i believe Hopper will be a bigger priority over Kelly because he will obviously cost much less.

The next person may be a shock to many but James Sicily Looks almost set to become a Blue. I am hearing this is part of a handshake agreement to do with the weird trade Carlton did with the Hawks last year. Hearing a 3rd round pick in exchange for him.

Jacob Hopper Is someone Carlton rate extremely high (Apparently if Brisbane had pick 1 in 2015 and took Weitering we would have taken Hopper over Schache) Carlton and Essendon see to be the front runners for Hopper if he does decide to come home.

Adam Saad
    Is another name that has been floating around a little bit, Hearing he is considering a move back to Victoria. If he does decide to leave my guess he will go to either Collingwood/Bombers/Carlton

Levi Casboult looks like he will explore free agency and Richmond and Freo seen to be interested at this stage. Have no truth to this but apparently there was talk about Richmond offering 2mil over 4 years (this was not from the same source as the rest of the information) Would love a second round pick in return.

Kurt Tippett is an interesting one. Have heard he has had a few meetings with SOS and looks extremely likely to come to Carlton if Casboult decides to leave. I don't mind this idea as long as Sydney are paying half his salary at least.

Another thing i have seen floating around (not from the same source) is if Kelly does leave GWS they will try and lure Dusty Martin. Can see a potential 3way trade between GWS/Carlton/Richmond involving Kelly/Dusty/Casboult and picks

Some other names that i have seen floating around are Harley Balic, Brayden Fioroni and Rory lobb

Obviously nothing is concrete but thought i would just share a few things around. Just imagine how good a Kelly/Cripps combo would be.
    very interesting read Johnsy44.

living in Adelaide , it is not clear whether they will chase Gibbs or not.

Pyke has come out and said they need a mid though , Rockliff was the flavour of the week this week.

Have you heard anything re Lever going to Carlton ?

I certainly hope Kelly stays at GWS but money talks.

Hopper has huge rapts on him.

Why oh why would you (or anyone) chase Tippett ? who would have to be one of the biggest dissapointments in the last 20 years.

Sicily could develop into anything.

Silly season is coming , with Fyfe set to stay at Freo it will larger centre around Dusty and Kelly before other deals happen.

Interesting times.

Rising Star Winner
    AFL Club: Essendon

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsy44 View Post

Adam Saad

No way Carlton get Kelly and Hopper though wouldn't ya think?

Saady and his fam are big Pies fans btw. one to watch.
    SuperCoach:  5074 (2016)  1045 (2015) 

420 Fedora Fanatic
      Quote Quote

Dual Best & Fairest
    AFL Club: Carlton

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    very interesting read Johnsy44.

living in Adelaide , it is not clear whether they will chase Gibbs or not.

Pyke has come out and said they need a mid though , Rockliff was the flavour of the week this week.

Have you heard anything re Lever going to Carlton ?

I certainly hope Kelly stays at GWS but money talks.

Hopper has huge rapts on him.

Why oh why would you (or anyone) chase Tippett ? who would have to be one of the biggest dissapointments in the last 20 years.

Sicily could develop into anything.

Silly season is coming , with Fyfe set to stay at Freo it will larger centre around Dusty and Kelly before other deals happen.

Interesting times.
    Think we would only grab Tippett if Casboult decides to leave to help Kreuzer in the ruck and to also help with the development of Mckay/Kerr and co.

As much as I would love Lever I think he will either stay at the Crows or go to Melbourne FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Skills View Post
    No way Carlton get Kelly and Hopper though wouldn't ya think?

Saady and his fam are big Pies fans btw. one to watch.
    Think Carlton will do everything they can to get both Kelly and Hopper, I really hope we throw the kitchen sink at them. I would trade pick 2,3,4 and what we get for Gibbs (if he leaves) so possibly picks 2,17,17 then maybe a late pick or player for Kelly and Hopper. Mathew Kennedy is another I think we are keen on
    SuperCoach:  1st :) (2017)  1010 (2016)  5512 (2015) 

The mighty Blues are coming! The future is bright, very bright!

0 Not allowed!

FYI I have split this off into a new thread for the upcoming end of year goss.

Please remember to indicate the source of any rumours. e.g. Personal source like Johnsy44 as indicated above, or media source etc.
    SuperCoach:  6722 (2016)  2918 (2015)  9183 (2014)  10450 (2013)  1371 (2012)  96 (2011)  74 (2010)  3366 (2009)  329 (2008)  11 (2007)  334 (2006) 

AFL Club: Hawthorn

3 Not allowed!

Hodgey is retiring at the end of the season. Today's a sad day for me, one of my favourite Hawks, if not my favourite.
    SuperCoach:  7,008 (2017)  1,940 (2016)  2,715 (2015)  3,063 (2014)  8,473 (2013)  282 (2012) 

That's What I'm Talkin' About

Best and Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodie's Guns View Post
    Hodgey is retiring at the end of the season. Today's a sad day for me, one of my favourite Hawks, if not my favourite.
    absolute legend, one of the modern day greats

thought he may have gone to Brisbane for a year on a playing/coaching apprenticeship like Mitchell at WCE

be interesting to see what Burgoyne does and whether Gibson retires as well ?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    absolute legend, one of the modern day greats

thought he may have gone to Brisbane for a year on a playing/coaching apprenticeship like Mitchell at WCE

be interesting to see what Burgoyne does and whether Gibson retires as well ?
    Gibson will retire. He will be lucky to get back in our side to be honest, Brand and Heatherley have been unreal recently, as well as Sicily down back.

Burgouyne I think may go around for one more, I'd like him to anyway.
    SuperCoach:  7,008 (2017)  1,940 (2016)  2,715 (2015)  3,063 (2014)  8,473 (2013)  282 (2012) 

Best and Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Gibson will retire. He will be lucky to get back in our side to be honest, Brand and Heatherley have been unreal recently, as well as Sicily down back.

Burgoyne's form is still right up there, he still has Roughy to keep him company.

be interested to see if Hodge moves into the media or a coaching role , might follow Clarko to Collingwood or the Gold Coast :-)

50 Games Club

1 Not allowed!

Once we're out of finals contention Gibbo will get a farewell game but if we keep winning he's played his last game. All signals point to Silk playing on at this stage. Sad day but better than what happened with Mitch and Lewis at the end of last year.
    SuperCoach:  1014 (2017)  417 (2016)  4642 (2015)  933 (2014)  3000 (2013) 

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HawksForever View Post
    Once we're out of finals contention Gibbo will get a farewell game but if we keep winning he's played his last game. All signals point to Silk playing on at this stage. Sad day but better than what happened with Mitch and Lewis at the end of last year.
    Yep I agree with you on the Gibbo call, I should've said that he would get a farewell once we are mathematically out of finals.

1 Not allowed!

Bulldogs re-sign JJ on a 5 year extension.... http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...69d45d23058a2c

Michael Tuck Club
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide

1 Not allowed!

Absolutely loathe the bloke but damn do I respect him. He'll be the last of his kind I think, will go down as one of the all time greats.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 

2 Not allowed!

Bulldogs re-sign JJ on a 5 year extension.... http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...69d45d23058a2c
    This is kinda funny. I'm tipping he was holding out trying to see if he could get a max deal but after the last month and being found out, he's now decided to take whatever was on offer.

I wonder if the dogs were able to renegotiate and take a zero off his deal lol
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 

Highest overall ranking: 18th (Rd 18, 2014)

2 Not allowed!

One of my faves too. I can see why people would dislike him but i'm a massive fan, even as an Essendon man. Has that mongrel about him that very few do in today's game (inb4 he gets called this and that) and never takes a backwards step. The only good thing about him retiring is i'll stop bloody picking him in my fantasy teams lol.

Second year blues aside, Burton has some appeal for next year. Has shown he can get a ton of it already and with Hodge gone, you would think that there'd be even more footy going his way coming out of the backline.
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 

Highest overall ranking: 18th (Rd 18, 2014)

Rising Star Winner

1 Not allowed!

Very interesting Johnsy. Crows tried hard for Gibbs this year doubt if they will do that again. Kurt Tippett was one out of left field but hard to believe. Stephen Trigg is in hierarchy at Carlton and I dont think he would be keen on Tippett after what happened at the Crows.
      Quote Quote

Vice Captain

1 Not allowed!

Very sad. Will definitely be going to Hodgey's 300th.
    SuperCoach:  1,876 (2017)  26,766 (2016)  1,329 (2015)  4,375 (2014)  4,623 (2013)  14,454 (2012)  13,327 (2011)  11,384 (2010)  80,186 (2009)  41,067 (2008) 

Rank 6th Overall in the Inaugural AFLW Drafter Competition.

I am one with the force and the force is with me.
    That's What I'm Talkin' About!!!

Highest Score Ever: 2,727 Round 15 2015
    2nd Highest Score Ever: 2,713 Round 15 2014
    Highest Overall Rank: 117 (Rd 2 2017)
    Highest Weekly Rank: 147 (Rd 15 2015)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamuhawk View Post
    Very sad. Will definitely be going to Hodgey's 300th.
    So annoyed that I can't make it, will be the first Hawks home game in 3 years that I won't be able to get to.

Will be watching on TV, hoping Hodgey has a ripper!

Vice Captain

1 Not allowed!

So annoyed that I can't make it, will be the first Hawks home game in 3 years that I won't be able to get to.

Will be watching on TV, hoping Hodgey has a ripper!
    Technically not a Hawks "home" game so at least your record is still intact.
    SuperCoach:  1,876 (2017)  26,766 (2016)  1,329 (2015)  4,375 (2014)  4,623 (2013)  14,454 (2012)  13,327 (2011)  11,384 (2010)  80,186 (2009)  41,067 (2008) 

Rank 6th Overall in the Inaugural AFLW Drafter Competition.

I am one with the force and the force is with me.
    That's What I'm Talkin' About!!!

Highest Score Ever: 2,727 Round 15 2015
    2nd Highest Score Ever: 2,713 Round 15 2014
    Highest Overall Rank: 117 (Rd 2 2017)
    Highest Weekly Rank: 147 (Rd 15 2015)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamuhawk View Post
    Technically not a Hawks "home" game so at least your record is still intact.
    Ok then, Hawks Victorian games then.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast