SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?

Voters
15. REGISTER to Vote.
  • Adelaide

14 93.33%
  • Geelong

1 6.67%
  • Richmond

9 60.00%
  • GWS

4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    AFL Club: Essendon

1 Not allowed!

Crows by 20, Richmond (whattt) by 18 for me.

I would really like to see Richmond make the grand final, not sure why. I think it could possibly be the years of them being the brunt of people's jokes or that it's been a long time between drinks for them or the fact that they've promised and promised over the years and now they have the chance to deliver.
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 

Highest overall ranking: 18th (Rd 18, 2014)

Best and Fairest
    AFL Club: West Coast

0 Not allowed!

Crows and Tigers to win for me.

Can't stand all the hype about Richmond... But absolutely detest everything AFL Giants related so hope the Tigers flog them, lol
    SuperCoach:  3,690 (2016)  4,619 (2015)  1,084 (2014)  5,623 (2013)  3,392 (2012)  206 (2011)  3,705 (2010)  2,022 (2009)  2,795 (2008)  3,626 (2007)  1,026 (2006) 

Best and Fairest
    AFL Club: Fremantle

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post

Can't stand all the hype about Richmond... But absolutely detest everything AFL Giants related so hope the Tigers flog them, lol
    I've got nothing against those who support GWS but it does feel like Frankenstein's monster so happy to see any of the other 3 win it. I think Adelaide and Richmond go through and Adelaide win the Granny because their ball movement is a little bit better. But as a neutral there would definitely be some entertainment and drama if Geelong upset both of them.
    SuperCoach:  8293 (2017)  10922 (2016)  9214 (2015)  653 (2014) 

I miss the old colours.

Michael Tuck Club
    AFL Club: Collingwood

2 Not allowed!

Interesting comment LITS (and I am a big fan of yours) , I gather this is in reference to the so-called concessions the Giants got on start up (probably not dissimilar to what the Suns got).

Yes they had priority access to 12 x 17 years old , they also swapped picks for Crouch , Hogan & O'Meara and one other who escapes me.

On their 2017 list of 38 only 15 remain (Buntine , Cameron, Coniglio , Davis , Greene , Haynes , Kennedy , Mohr , Patton , Scilly , Shiel , Tomlinson , Ward , Wilson)

and Reid is a rookie.

Not sure what part the AFL played in Deledio , Griffen , Johnson , Mumford and Shaw being recruited.

Their are 29 ex-Giants currently on other teams lists, including high picks in Boyd , O'Rourke , Tyson , Adams , Treloar who may have been surplus to requirements and traded for picks to secure the Taranto and Hopper types.

I am not sure how you build a completely new team without giving them concession picks and/or players.

I am sure when the Bears came in each club gave up 2-3 players which ended in disaster.

I am sure Adelaide , Fremantle , Port and even the West Coast Eagles were given concessions when they joined the AFL.

The current captain of the Crows was a NSW scholarship holder and basically gifted to the Crows.

So yes they may have concessions , along with every other new club joining , I think they have been very shrewd and smart in their trading as well.

Go the Giants :-)

Cheers

AFL Club: Essendon

1 Not allowed!

Teams

Name:  teams.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  181.6 KB

Name:  teas.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  168.9 KB
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 

Highest overall ranking: 18th (Rd 18, 2014)

Best and Fairest
    AFL Club: West Coast

0 Not allowed!

My feelings on the Giants are pretty well known around here, But in short yes, The concessions the Giants got on start up was totally ridiculous, way more generous than than the Suns or any other club in history in fact got and completely over the top leading to the situation we have now where they have clearly and by a large margin have the most talented list in the competition and can just trade players who want to leave and replace them with further top 10 picks.

It will seriously take 8-10 years to even itself out as the only way the Giants list gets worse is when players retire. That's not to mention these generous academies that they get (Along with SYD, GCS & BRL), They need to be cut immediately to be fair to the other 14 teams in this competition.

I'm fine with the players they have traded in, But once again coming from a base that high and where you have all that high end talent and picks... They can afford to throw stuff at other clubs to get the trades done, it all comes back to the initial concessions that other clubs haven't had access to.

Of course you have to give a new team concession picks and/or players, but nowhere near the extent that was given to the Giants, and to the point now that they clearly and by a large margin have the most talented list in the competition, that should not have happened.

West Coast where given concessions upon our entry to the league, but again not even close to what the Giants got, plus we had many many more negatives against us including massive Licence fees to the VFL and other clubs, having to play HOME finals in MELBOURNE!!, worse Father/Son rules than Victorian clubs to name just a few.

They have indeed used what they have given extremely well, but that's not really the point when you have been handed that much high end talent is it.

I'm certainly not alone in this way of thinking, and should have made clearer before that I have nothing against AFL Giant supporters (The very few of them that there actually are)... So C'mon Richmond... Smash these clowns!!
    SuperCoach:  3,690 (2016)  4,619 (2015)  1,084 (2014)  5,623 (2013)  3,392 (2012)  206 (2011)  3,705 (2010)  2,022 (2009)  2,795 (2008)  3,626 (2007)  1,026 (2006) 

Rising Star Winner
    AFL Club: Sydney

2 Not allowed!

Some interesting points you raise LITS.

It is hard (if not impossible) to argue against the proposition that GWS were given too many concessions. Perhaps that came about because GCS, notwithstanding the concessions they were granted, had not performed to some level of expectations. (Alternatively they were badly governed. Or the concessions were insufficient and they were badly run.)

The afl did not want another basket case and ..... well, we all know the rest. I do not like it, but recognise that they have made brilliant use of the resources granted. In hindsight perhaps the afl should have sorted out the Suns before admitting the next expansion club. But planning is not - IMO - a strength of the afl. They cave into noise - how was Geelong's home final played at the tigers's home ground? Money before principles for mine.

I am in the ABBR (Anyone But Bloody Richmond) camp. Want a good game and then more heartbreak for the locals - you know it will make them better people. Silence at the G after the final siren on Saturday - yes please.
    SuperCoach:  5257 (2017)  29649 (2016)  21972 (2015)  18713 (2014) 

Quote Quote

AFL Club: North Melbourne

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chels View Post
    I am in the ABBR (Anyone But Bloody Richmond) camp. Want a good game and then more heartbreak for the locals - you know it will make them better people. Silence at the G after the final siren on Saturday - yes please.
    Just showed this to my boss at work and he says for me to use my Mods power and ban the poster...I told him that I actually agreed with what was written...Any jobs going out there? lol!
    SuperCoach:  15,799 (2016)  1,033 (2015)  6,367 (2014)  8,442 (2013)  AFL Dream Team:  2,706 (2016) 

BBL|05 Major Prize Winner
    BBL|06 Member of #1 Ranked League

Michael Tuck Club

1 Not allowed!

Some interesting points you raise LITS.

It is hard (if not impossible) to argue against the proposition that GWS were given too many concessions. Perhaps that came about because GCS, notwithstanding the concessions they were granted, had not performed to some level of expectations. (Alternatively they were badly governed. Or the concessions were insufficient and they were badly run.)

The afl did not want another basket case and ..... well, we all know the rest. I do not like it, but recognise that they have made brilliant use of the resources granted. In hindsight perhaps the afl should have sorted out the Suns before admitting the next expansion club. But planning is not - IMO - a strength of the afl. They cave into noise - how was Geelong's home final played at the tigers's home ground? Money before principles for mine.

I am sure the initial plan was for North Melbourne to relocate to Southport , but Brayshaw was against that.

I think they should have stayed at 16 clubs and why they admitted 2 nre teams in concesutive years is beyong my thinking.

Yes the Giants did get concessions , you think at the start they had 9 players of AFL experience Davies , Palmer , Reid , Scilly , Ward + Brogan , Cornes , MacDonald, Power.

none of these concession picks or number one draft picks were guaranteed to make it.

Research shows that 50% of all players drafted are gone after 2 seasons so it is remarkable they have managed to be competitive.

I still think they have been very clever and smart trading high pick players for more senior players and subsequent higher draft picks in years.

They are still not guaranteed anything at all , kids can have all the ability in the world (eg Nathan Ablett) but the desire and will must be their to work and play as a team (something they need to work out very quickly).

You and LITS have some good points.

One day I may even analyse from their start date.

If only Israel Folau was still their :-)

Michael Tuck Club

0 Not allowed!

I am in the anyone bit the Cows camp :-).

I doubt I can watch the GF if they win tonight.

Go Cats.

And I still have nightmares from 1980 and that bloody bald little bloke kicking goals and pumping his fist......Kevin Bloody Bartlett.

so go the Giants

Michael Tuck Club

1 Not allowed!

My feelings on the Giants are pretty well known around here, But in short yes, The concessions the Giants got on start up was totally ridiculous, way more generous than than the Suns or any other club in history in fact got and completely over the top leading to the situation we have now where they have clearly and by a large margin have the most talented list in the competition and can just trade players who want to leave and replace them with further top 10 picks.

It will seriously take 8-10 years to even itself out as the only way the Giants list gets worse is when players retire. That's not to mention these generous academies that they get (Along with SYD, GCS & BRL), They need to be cut immediately to be fair to the other 14 teams in this competition.

I'm fine with the players they have traded in, But once again coming from a base that high and where you have all that high end talent and picks... They can afford to throw stuff at other clubs to get the trades done, it all comes back to the initial concessions that other clubs haven't had access to.

Of course you have to give a new team concession picks and/or players, but nowhere near the extent that was given to the Giants, and to the point now that they clearly and by a large margin have the most talented list in the competition, that should not have happened.

West Coast where given concessions upon our entry to the league, but again not even close to what the Giants got, plus we had many many more negatives against us including massive Licence fees to the VFL and other clubs, having to play HOME finals in MELBOURNE!!, worse Father/Son rules than Victorian clubs to name just a few.

They have indeed used what they have given extremely well, but that's not really the point when you have been handed that much high end talent is it.

I'm certainly not alone in this way of thinking, and should have made clearer before that I have nothing against AFL Giant supporters (The very few of them that there actually are)... So C'mon Richmond... Smash these clowns!!
    strong passion their LITS , good to see mate :-)

too long ago now for me to remember all the details when the Eagles joined , but one thing father/so needs to be fixed especially for the WA & SA teams in particular.

I think those 4 clubs should also have similar academies and play in a National AFL reserves comp.

The fact the Crows and Power can field sides in the SANFL is a joke with all their resources , similar I guess to the WAFL.

I still think what the Eagles did in their foundation years and still now , travelling every second week is a incredible effort.

Be curious how you rejuvenate your list for next year with Mitchell , Petrie and Priddis retiring.

Cheers

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    I am in the anyone bit the Cows camp :-).

I doubt I can watch the GF if they win tonight.

Go Cats.

And I still have nightmares from 1980 and that bloody bald little bloke kicking goals and pumping his fist......Kevin Bloody Bartlett.

so go the Giants

anyone but the Cows' camp Herbie? Are you in ORFFA? If so that is so cool. But then I guess it was typo.

Quote Quote

Michael Tuck Club

0 Not allowed!

anyone but the Cows' camp Herbie? Are you in ORFFA? If so that is so cool. But then I guess it was typo.
    hahaha did I (accidentally) forget the R in crows....................silly silly me

ok help me out with ORFFA please

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

ABBA - anyone but bloody adelaide

ORFFA is a TS long term keeper league which has just completed it's 5th year. My side (the glorious Waikickamoocow* Incorrigibles, affectionately known as the Cows) beat Len's Misfits (he is the ocassional strong GWS info guy on SCS) in the round 23 granny.

* Yep, I am a kiwi.

Quote Quote

400 Games Club
    AFL Club: Carlton

0 Not allowed!

What have you got against the South Park Cows!

Michael Tuck Club

0 Not allowed!

ABBA - anyone but bloody adelaide

ORFFA is a TS long term keeper league which has just completed it's 5th year. My side (the glorious Waikickamoocow* Incorrigibles, affectionately known as the Cows) beat Len's Misfits (he is the ocassional strong GWS info guy on SCS) in the round 23 granny.

* Yep, I am a kiwi.
    Cheers

yeah I got the ABBA

Nope not in any TS Leagues that I know of, just trying to win the $ 50,00.00 hahah

nothing wrong with being a Kiwi, great country was lucky enough to visit in 2005 must go back again

any chance of letting the Wallabies beating the Blacks once ? soon ? damn that is one good unit, I thought maybe after 'Hands Off # 7 ' and" Dan's Our Man' etc etc retired we might have a chance.

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

The All Blacks are what happens when there is no draft or salary cap!

Love Melbourne; was lucky enough to live in Middle Park for a time. Big shout out to the former owners of the Victoria Wine Centre. Was a great Friday night haunt when the footy was not on.

We are all trying to win the $50K Herbie66. Our host was regular on TS the year he won. He kept asking for advice - lmfao.

Quote Quote

Michael Tuck Club

0 Not allowed!

The All Blacks are what happens when there is no draft or salary cap!

Love Melbourne; was lucky enough to live in Middle Park for a time. Big shout out to the former owners of the Victoria Wine Centre. Was a great Friday night haunt when the footy was not on.

We are all trying to win the $50K Herbie66. Our host was regular on TS the year he won. He kept asking for advice - lmfao.
    Still one of the most amazing sporting stories in many many many years, they say Richie McCaw's autobiography is a fantastic read and gives a fantastic insight into how the all Black team ticks on and off the field, even he and the other players have to pick up and sweep up the change rooms after games, all part of the culture.

Been to Melbourne for numerous footy weekends and such, lived in Sydney 2011 - 2014 trying to educate the Leaguee's (not a real word) about the Giants and how after 5 years they would be good.

Too Serious, I reckon his user name was Impromptu, always remember his articles then he started his own website, don't think I have been back to TS since to be honest.

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

The AB's - yep, no one is bigger than the game (or the team). Get ahead of yourself, you are back playing provincial rugby next week and everybody in the country knows why. When there were long tours (30 games) and travelled by coach you had to be invited to sit at the back of the coach. Push in and wake up at the front; probably with a bigger resolve to one day be invited.

Prompt a classic, happy to be on both sites. The TS long term leagues are great, Walesy is always happy to help anyone who wants a different kind of involvement in fantasy footy.

Quote Quote

Michael Tuck Club
    AFL Club: Adelaide

0 Not allowed!

Go the Cows!
    SuperCoach:  3611 (2016)  12409 (2015)  1749 (2014)  6139 (2013)  9403 (2012)  AFL Dream Team:  148 (2016)  2930 (2015) 

I like my rookies like I like my women. Cheap, skillful and on bubbles.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast