SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook

View Poll Results: Which midfielders will you start in 2018?

Voters
34. REGISTER to Vote.
  • Dangerfield

    21 61.76%
  • Martin

    14 41.18%
  • Titch

    18 52.94%
  • Ablett

    0 0%
  • Kelly

    12 35.29%
  • Oliver

    6 17.65%
  • Zorko

    4 11.76%
  • M Crouch

    9 26.47%
  • Sloane

    1 2.94%
  • Duncan

    0 0%
  • Zerrett

    6 17.65%
  • Neale

    1 2.94%
  • Fyfe

    24 70.59%
  • Pendles

    9 26.47%
  • Bont

    6 17.65%
  • JPK

    0 0%
  • Jelwood

    2 5.88%
  • Treloar

    0 0%
  • Hannebery

    3 8.82%
  • Rockliff

    2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 167
  1. #141
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 06-01-2013
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 4,311
    Likes: 4,642
    Rep Power: 7949


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    In the early days of building my team Stephen Coniglio is becoming the biggest stuctural conundrum. He is such value and has a good bye round but could he be a list clogger in the long run? THe success of Murphy and Oliver types and the obvious talent that Coniglio has if fit makes me want him in my team. Then again I picked Ollie Wines before for the same reason and the constant 90s destroyed my team. With him at M5 the mid line looks too weak and with him at M6 I am obviously sacrificing that extra defender or forward premium.

    What does everyone think of Coniglio this year? can he do 22 games at 106-1110? Will he be an Oliver or Wines?
    I absolutely think that Coniglio can average 106-110 and possibly even 110+ but it's the 22 games I'm worried about as he's only played 19+ games in a season once in his career.

    Very hard to resist at his price.
    SuperCoach:  3,461 (2015)  54 (2014)  26 (2013) 


  2. #142
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 04-03-2013
    AFL Club: Geelong
    Posts: 701
    Likes: 424
    Rep Power: 1391


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben's Beasts View Post
    I absolutely think that Coniglio can average 106-110 and possibly even 110+ but it's the 22 games I'm worried about as he's only played 19+ games in a season once in his career.

    Very hard to resist at his price.
    Think id rather Gamble on Prestia at the same price.

  3. #143
    400 Games Club
    Join Date: 03-02-2014
    AFL Club: West Coast
    Posts: 1,872
    Likes: 1,193
    Rep Power: 3007


    0 Not allowed!

    How deep are your midfields? I'm weighing up between a 5 and 6 premo midfield, and I'm really considering running a six premium midfield, and aside from missing out on 3 midpricers (Deledio, Bennell, Lobb), I'm getting Dangerfield M1 instead of running without him. But I'm concerned that I'm batting too deep, like last year I started with a lot of premiums (or so I thought), that flopped.
    SuperCoach:  21527 (2017)  7909 (2016)  10605 (2015)  5980 (2014)  9852 (2013)  21041 (2012) 


  4. #144
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 08-01-2014
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 3,962
    Likes: 2,589
    Rep Power: 4615


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagling View Post
    How deep are your midfields? I'm weighing up between a 5 and 6 premo midfield, and I'm really considering running a six premium midfield, and aside from missing out on 3 midpricers (Deledio, Bennell, Lobb), I'm getting Dangerfield M1 instead of running without him. But I'm concerned that I'm batting too deep, like last year I started with a lot of premiums (or so I thought), that flopped.
    I'm running 6 Premo mids at the moment, but will consider changing this if enough good Rookies are available.
    Supercoach: 5380 (2017) 6335 (2016) 736 (2015) 5723 & 188 finals (2014) 31696 (2013)
    Shake-and-Bake
    I Wanna Go Fast

  5. #145
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 04-03-2013
    AFL Club: Geelong
    Posts: 701
    Likes: 424
    Rep Power: 1391


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagling View Post
    How deep are your midfields? I'm weighing up between a 5 and 6 premo midfield, and I'm really considering running a six premium midfield, and aside from missing out on 3 midpricers (Deledio, Bennell, Lobb), I'm getting Dangerfield M1 instead of running without him. But I'm concerned that I'm batting too deep, like last year I started with a lot of premiums (or so I thought), that flopped.
    Many will be running 6 deep this year as things stand.

  6. #146
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 12-01-2014
    AFL Club: West Coast
    Posts: 721
    Likes: 535
    Rep Power: 1896


    0 Not allowed!

    The risk with 6 deep and two rookies is how do you get onto that midpriced midfielder who you think is the breakout mid after 4 or 5 rounds. You don't want to trade in one of the 6 keepers (you picked them to keep!) and the rookies have not generated enough cash to be close to the midpricer.
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere that is worth going to.
      Quote Quote

  7. #147
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,661
    Likes: 2,387
    Rep Power: 7068


    0 Not allowed!

    How often have we seen that break a season though? I think you gotta back your structure one way or another. I am debating that right now, because I want to run Cripps, but Im not sure whether at M5 or M6.

    This year might be the year of 6 deep mids, purely because we have premium rookie options (Ah Chee, Byrne etc) forward and back.
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  8. #148
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 12-01-2014
    AFL Club: West Coast
    Posts: 721
    Likes: 535
    Rep Power: 1896


    0 Not allowed!

    premium rookie options (Ah Chee, Byrne etc)
    Byrne?
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere that is worth going to.
      Quote Quote

  9. #149
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,661
    Likes: 2,387
    Rep Power: 7068


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Manikato1 View Post
    Byrne?
    Ciaran Byrne for Carlton
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  10. #150
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 04-03-2013
    AFL Club: Geelong
    Posts: 701
    Likes: 424
    Rep Power: 1391


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    How often have we seen that break a season though? I think you gotta back your structure one way or another. I am debating that right now, because I want to run Cripps, but Im not sure whether at M5 or M6.

    This year might be the year of 6 deep mids, purely because we have premium rookie options (Ah Chee, Byrne etc) forward and back.
    Having the same issues with the 6 deep mid structure, lock in 6 guys i think can be top 10 mids or go with a speculative type at M6 like Prestia/Cognilio.
    Maybe even a Redden type and use him to trade up or jump onto a bolter if he fails, i really want to focus on value and flexibility this year.

    I think Manikato1's point about being to jump on a bolter is an important one so i don't want a team that is too rigid come R1.
    If you couldn't jump on a Oliver/Murphy type early last year your season was just about finished then.

  11. #151
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,661
    Likes: 2,387
    Rep Power: 7068


    1 Not allowed!

    That could be where a Pearce Hanley comes in handy. Def/mid flexibility, can be switched into the mids to grab that bolter.
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  12. #152
    Statistician
    Join Date: 19-03-2012
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 14,494
    Likes: 12,369
    Rep Power: 22551
    Moderator


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    That could be where a Pearce Hanley comes in handy. Def/mid flexibility, can be switched into the mids to grab that bolter.
    Silly question I know.
    The premise was, that having a 6 deep Midfield made it hard to jump on that Midfield bolter.
    How does having Hanley in your Def line, make it easier to grab that bolter?
    It actually makes it harder if you want to switch him, because if you switch him into you Mids you now have 7 starters in your Midfield!
    If you started Hanley in your Mids, and switch him to Def, that creates a spot, but by starting him in your Mid line you are effectively saying there are more good/reliable Def Rookies than Mid Rookies.
    We're goin' to need a bigger boat...

  13. #153
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 12-01-2014
    AFL Club: West Coast
    Posts: 721
    Likes: 535
    Rep Power: 1896


    0 Not allowed!

    Ciaran Byrne for Carlton
    I am not sure you could call Byrne a premium rookie. Had was touted as having ability a few years ago and was on my radar then but just got injured all the time. He has played 15 games over 3 seasons and never scored higher than 76 in those 15 games except one when he scored a ton. IMO an expensive speculative pick. If you are in the market for one of them how about Riley Bonner?
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere that is worth going to.
      Quote Quote

  14. #154
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,661
    Likes: 2,387
    Rep Power: 7068


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowsus View Post
    Silly question I know.
    The premise was, that having a 6 deep Midfield made it hard to jump on that Midfield bolter.
    How does having Hanley in your Def line, make it easier to grab that bolter?
    It actually makes it harder if you want to switch him, because if you switch him into you Mids you now have 7 starters in your Midfield!
    If you started Hanley in your Mids, and switch him to Def, that creates a spot, but by starting him in your Mid line you are effectively saying there are more good/reliable Def Rookies than Mid Rookies.
    I mean if you have 5 premium mids. I don't think it's a strategy that's worth pursuing, but you could theoretically turn Hanley and a mid rookie into a flying defence rookie and a midfield bolter.

    Fwiw, I don't believe that one pick can ruin your season, especially if a trade is valued at 150 points or so. But it is a way to grab one if you're desperate.

    This is all moot till we establish who the good rookies are.
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  15. #155
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,661
    Likes: 2,387
    Rep Power: 7068


    0 Not allowed!

    What are people thinking about Cripps? I'm a bit worried about how he will go without Gibbs, but he presents such value...
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  16. #156
    Rising Star Nominee
    Join Date: 04-02-2014
    AFL Club: Carlton
    Posts: 122
    Likes: 85
    Rep Power: 442


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    What are people thinking about Cripps? I'm a bit worried about how he will go without Gibbs, but he presents such value...
    Normally has interupted pre-seasons but looks ok so far.

    I am a little worried about any tags, but is a contested beast.

    Opening fixtures are kind: Tigers (GF teams start slow generally), Suns, Pies, North, Eagles (in Melbourne) so hopefully gets off to a ripper start. Currently in my team.

  17. #157
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,661
    Likes: 2,387
    Rep Power: 7068


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Normally has interupted pre-seasons but looks ok so far.

    I am a little worried about any tags, but is a contested beast.

    Opening fixtures are kind: Tigers (GF teams start slow generally), Suns, Pies, North, Eagles (in Melbourne) so hopefully gets off to a ripper start. Currently in my team.
    Yeah, I'm looking to get him back in my side. I think he's a good chance to go 112.
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  18. #158
    Rookie
    Join Date: 14-11-2016
    Posts: 27
    Likes: 8
    Rep Power: 156


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Philzsay View Post
    Re the Smith and Stringer convo, Smith for mine between the two. Stringer will be a burst and bust player I feel, will have some great quarters and some great games but will have just as many if not more bust quarters and games where he does bugger all.

    Smith I'm quite bullish on, I expect he will have a high percentage of midfield time. I think he can easily match his 91 and 89 averages from '14 and '15. He is one of three (well two if you exclude rookies) Essendon players I have in my team atm. Of course on the flip side I'm wary of the inherent supporter bias as well!
    Zerrett & Hurley the others??
      Quote Quote

  19. #159
    Moderator
    Join Date: 21-03-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 7,241
    Likes: 9,612
    Rep Power: 11898
    Moderator


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by HotShame View Post
    Zerrett & Hurley the others??
    Andy McGrath but more than likely will drop him from my team. His selection is depending on how much inside mid training (as opposed to outside wing training) he gets over the next two months.

    Kobe Mutch (Rookie placeholder atm) if he is selected round 1. If not, then I'll be trading him in before his third game of the year whenever that may be.
    SuperCoach:  6722 (2016)  2918 (2015)  9183 (2014)  10450 (2013)  1371 (2012)  96 (2011)  74 (2010)  3366 (2009)  329 (2008)  11 (2007)  334 (2006) 


  20. #160
    200 Games Club
    Join Date: 17-06-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 1,108
    Likes: 815
    Rep Power: 2783


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Philzsay View Post
    Andy McGrath but more than likely will drop him from my team. His selection is depending on how much inside mid training (as opposed to outside wing training) he gets over the next two months.

    Kobe Mutch (Rookie placeholder atm) if he is selected round 1. If not, then I'll be trading him in before his third game of the year whenever that may be.
    I can’t wait to see Kobe Mutch get his opportunity. What about Dylan Clarke? Do you see him getting a game this year Phil?
    SuperCoach:  12794 (2017)  11391 (2016)  19549 (2015)  27751 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  1639 (2017) 


Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •