SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1225

Thread: Rookies

  1. #101
    Dual Brownlow Medalist
    Join Date: 11-11-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 11,053
    Likes: 7,315
    Rep Power: 13160


    2 Not allowed!

    @TravisKing
    Replying to @CRIPPStoniteSC @SchwarzwalderSC
    Ryan, Rioli and Waterman have been impressive. Wouldn't surprise if they all played round one.

    Imagine a fwd line from F4-F8 all filled with WCE players (Ah Chee, Rioli, Venables, Ryan, Waterman)
    Supercoach: 3775 (2017) 530 (2016) 1858 (2014) 805 (2013) 4220 (2011) 574 (2010) Real Dreamteam: 74 (2017) 1225 (2016) 335 (2015) 518 (2014)

  2. #102
    Moderator
    Join Date: 21-03-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 7,411
    Likes: 9,876
    Rep Power: 12158
    Moderator


    6 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber18 View Post
    @TravisKing
    Replying to @CRIPPStoniteSC @SchwarzwalderSC
    Ryan, Rioli and Waterman have been impressive. Wouldn't surprise if they all played round one.

    Imagine a fwd line from F4-F8 all filled with WCE players (Ah Chee, Rioli, Venables, Ryan, Waterman)

    Yeah it would all be awesome until Thursday night just before round 2 the following pops up in your twitter feed:

    Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane
    29 Mar 2018

    WBulldogs v WCoast
    I/change; Cripps, Jetta, Partington, Hutchings,
    Emergencies; Ah Chee, Rioli, Waterman.
    LeCras, Cripps, Jetta, Nelson, Partington in for Ah Chee, Rioli, Venables, Ryan, Waterman





    Seriously though I don't mind having a few rookies from the same team, if they are the best rookies we have to choose from.
    SuperCoach:  6722 (2016)  2918 (2015)  9183 (2014)  10450 (2013)  1371 (2012)  96 (2011)  74 (2010)  3366 (2009)  329 (2008)  11 (2007)  334 (2006) 


  3. #103
    Dual Brownlow Medalist
    Join Date: 11-11-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 11,053
    Likes: 7,315
    Rep Power: 13160


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Philzsay View Post
    Yeah it would all be awesome until Thursday night just before round 2 the following pops up in your twitter feed:

    Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane
    29 Mar 2018

    WBulldogs v WCoast
    I/change; Cripps, Jetta, Partington, Hutchings,
    Emergencies; Ah Chee, Rioli, Waterman.
    LeCras, Cripps, Jetta, Nelson, Partington in for Ah Chee, Rioli, Venables, Ryan, Waterman





    Seriously though I don't mind having a few rookies from the same team, if they are the best rookies we have to choose from.
    That looks so real haha. Yeah, not the worst especially as most are basement priced. Kills all chances of a loophole but you'd think at least a couple play every week as they are just competing with each other for spots.
    Supercoach: 3775 (2017) 530 (2016) 1858 (2014) 805 (2013) 4220 (2011) 574 (2010) Real Dreamteam: 74 (2017) 1225 (2016) 335 (2015) 518 (2014)

  4. #104
    Captain
    Join Date: 22-02-2013
    AFL Club: Hawthorn
    Posts: 5,252
    Likes: 4,554
    Rep Power: 9237


    6 Not allowed!

    WCE are going to be great fun considering they play the last game of round 1 - 7:20pm Sunday
    SuperCoach:  14,974 (2017)  72 (2016)  22,451 (2015)  2,593 (2014)  33,325 (2013) 

    SC 2018 Round 8 Lesson: up until this week I have been ok with a naught-on-field...

  5. #105
    Rising Star Winner
    Join Date: 06-06-2013
    Posts: 298
    Likes: 148
    Rep Power: 628


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben's Beasts View Post
    DEF rookies

    Just had a look at a few BF boards and paid attention to the 'Best 22' threads.

    What I noticed is that there are very few DEF rookie priced players in there.

    In fact, the only ones that really got a mention were Doedee, Murray and Mirra.

    There was basically no mention of some high ownership players such as O'Shea, Goddard and Murphy.

    Joel Smith from the Dees is a very slight chance as he is still in the rehab group. Coach does love him though.

    Are there any other rookie priced DEF's I haven't mentioned that are a possibility for round 1?
    Obrien from da Blues
      Quote Quote

  6. #106
    Captain
    Join Date: 25-07-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 5,054
    Likes: 1,761
    Rep Power: 3230


    0 Not allowed!

    with talk of Byrne (Carlton) and Aliir (Sydney) any consideration for Francis (Essendon) and the Giants duo in Buntine and Kennedy , could either one of them benefit from Wilson and Williams' absence ?

    More expensive but if Coffield , Naughton , O'Shea , O'Brien , Buckley , Smith etc etc are not popular do we go upwards ?

    Still think we will have enough in Richards , Murphy , Cummings , Doedee , Keeffe , McPherson , Morgan , Murray etc etc
    SuperCoach:  36,136 (2017)  10,332 (2016)  3,893 (2015)  31,285 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  3,849 (2017)  7,326 (2016)  17 (2015)  5,729 (2014) 


  7. #107
    Dual Best & Fairest
    Join Date: 07-07-2012
    AFL Club: West Coast
    Posts: 3,438
    Likes: 3,505
    Rep Power: 6615


    0 Not allowed!

    Don't expect a lot from Jake Waterman, He should get a few games but won't be SC Relevant as he is behind Kennedy, Darling and the resting ruck (NN & Lycett). We are moving away from the land of the giants so it will be hard for him to string regular games together.

    He is an exciting prospect for the future though.
    SuperCoach:  3,690 (2016)  4,619 (2015)  1,084 (2014)  5,623 (2013)  3,392 (2012)  206 (2011)  3,705 (2010)  2,022 (2009)  2,795 (2008)  3,626 (2007)  1,026 (2006) 


  8. #108
    Dual Brownlow Medalist
    Join Date: 11-11-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 11,053
    Likes: 7,315
    Rep Power: 13160


    0 Not allowed!

    Ben Jacobs (200k mid) apparently went well in the North intraclub along with LDU.

    Didn't realise Jacobs was at that price but one to keep an eye on in the JLT
    Supercoach: 3775 (2017) 530 (2016) 1858 (2014) 805 (2013) 4220 (2011) 574 (2010) Real Dreamteam: 74 (2017) 1225 (2016) 335 (2015) 518 (2014)

  9. #109
    Moderator
    Join Date: 08-03-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 25,573
    Likes: 13,051
    Rep Power: 10173
    Moderator


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber18 View Post
    Ben Jacobs (200k mid) apparently went well in the North intraclub along with LDU.

    Didn't realise Jacobs was at that price but one to keep an eye on in the JLT
    Hasn’t been in full tag mode either so could be an ok scorer if so.
    SuperCoach:  41,036 (2018)  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 


  10. #110
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 12-04-2014
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 3,850
    Likes: 2,175
    Rep Power: 7557


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber18 View Post
    Ben Jacobs (200k mid) apparently went well in the North intraclub along with LDU.

    Didn't realise Jacobs was at that price but one to keep an eye on in the JLT
    Quote Originally Posted by IDIG View Post
    Hasn’t been in full tag mode either so could be an ok scorer if so.
    Worth noting that his best game ever is a 104, and he has only managed 100 in a game once. Still worth watching but I think he'd need to show a bit!
    SuperCoach:  20937 (2017)  589 (2016)  3225 (2015)  8243 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  226 (2017)  397 (2016) 


  11. #111
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 06-01-2013
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 4,975
    Likes: 5,576
    Rep Power: 9523


    5 Not allowed!

    Damien Hardwick has said in his 'ask the coach' segment on the AFL website that one of our staple rookies in Jack Higgins won't be getting a game until mid-season at this stage. He said he would be disappointed if both Higgins and Naish didn't get a game later in the season so could be good downgrade targets.
    SuperCoach:  5 digits (2017)  5 digits (2016)  3,461 (2015)  54 (2014)  26 (2013) 


  12. #112
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 11-01-2014
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 3,805
    Likes: 2,475
    Rep Power: 7384


    0 Not allowed!

    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Has anyone looked into whether there's a correlation between position and how well/high rookies score and appreciate? I'm wondering if rookie defenders naturally score better than their forward counterparts because of role. If so, might inform our starting team structure...
    SuperCoach:  79 (2016)  7k (2015)  55k (2013)  7k (2012)  10k (2011)  33k (2010) 

    Maybe this is the year...

  13. #113
    Rising Star Winner
    Join Date: 19-02-2017
    AFL Club: Brisbane
    Posts: 279
    Likes: 135
    Rep Power: 479


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben's Beasts View Post
    Damien Hardwick has said in his 'ask the coach' segment on the AFL website that one of our staple rookies in Jack Higgins won't be getting a game until mid-season at this stage. He said he would be disappointed if both Higgins and Naish didn't get a game later in the season so could be good downgrade targets.
    This kinda doesn't surprise me, Higgins has a lot of competition for spots even if he is one of the more ready to go draftees and Naish I think is just popular due to the Richmond F/S factor.
      Quote Quote

  14. #114
    350 Games Club
    Join Date: 13-03-2012
    AFL Club: Adelaide
    Posts: 1,616
    Likes: 1,052
    Rep Power: 2720


    7 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Has anyone looked into whether there's a correlation between position and how well/high rookies score and appreciate? I'm wondering if rookie defenders naturally score better than their forward counterparts because of role. If so, might inform our starting team structure...
    In recent years it has seemed to be better to start rookies in defence and really important to not commit to starting that extra low scoring rookie forward on field. Last year the strung out value forward line was the go from memory and IIRC Marchbank headed up the defender rookies from D4.

    This is why I say don’t overthink your premium starters too early to the point that you fall in love with them because ultimately it’s the rookies that drive our final structures.

    You can get an early leg up solely on structuring the on field rookies right.
    SuperCoach:  2252 (2017)  1238 (2016)  3623 (2015)  737 (2014)  2166 (2013)  15055 (2012)  3207 (2011)  3009 (2010)  356 (2009) 

      Quote Quote

  15. #115
    Best and Fairest
    Join Date: 28-12-2012
    Posts: 2,620
    Likes: 1,582
    Rep Power: 3040


    3 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    In recent years it has seemed to be better to start rookies in defence and really important to not commit to starting that extra low scoring rookie forward on field. Last year the strung out value forward line was the go from memory and IIRC Marchbank headed up the defender rookies from D4.

    This is why I say don’t overthink your premium starters too early to the point that you fall in love with them because ultimately it’s the rookies that drive our final structures.

    You can get an early leg up solely on structuring the on field rookies right.
    Agree with this.

    I like to clear my team before rd1 and force myself to have a quick rethink on everything to avoid locking myself into a structure.
    SuperCoach:  2,457 (2018)  14,300 (2017)  5,766 (2016)  3,808 (2015)  1,100 (2014) 


  16. #116
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 06-01-2013
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 4,975
    Likes: 5,576
    Rep Power: 9523


    0 Not allowed!

    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-1...-daviesuniacke

    Doesn't sound as though LDU or Ahern will play round 1.

    We may need to play more midpricers than we would have liked..
    SuperCoach:  5 digits (2017)  5 digits (2016)  3,461 (2015)  54 (2014)  26 (2013) 


  17. #117
    Best and Fairest
    Join Date: 28-12-2012
    Posts: 2,620
    Likes: 1,582
    Rep Power: 3040


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben's Beasts View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-1...-daviesuniacke

    Doesn't sound as though LDU or Ahern will play round 1.

    We may need to play more midpricers than we would have liked..
    No mention of any setbacks, just looks like normal down playing to me.
    SuperCoach:  2,457 (2018)  14,300 (2017)  5,766 (2016)  3,808 (2015)  1,100 (2014) 


  18. #118
    Deputy Vice Captain
    Join Date: 12-04-2014
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 3,850
    Likes: 2,175
    Rep Power: 7557


    2 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben's Beasts View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-1...-daviesuniacke

    Doesn't sound as though LDU or Ahern will play round 1.

    We may need to play more midpricers than we would have liked..
    I am already well-prepared for this scenario ... maybe too prepared
    SuperCoach:  20937 (2017)  589 (2016)  3225 (2015)  8243 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  226 (2017)  397 (2016) 


  19. #119
    150 Games Club
    Join Date: 15-05-2012
    AFL Club: North Melbourne
    Posts: 875
    Likes: 299
    Rep Power: 2368


    2 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben's Beasts View Post
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-1...-daviesuniacke

    Doesn't sound as though LDU or Ahern will play round 1.

    We may need to play more midpricers than we would have liked..
    I wouldn't be too worried. Playing tomorrow night and we saw last year that Brad isn't too concerned with playing a group of kids at the one time. I would be shocked if they aren't in the round 1 team unless injury prevents this
    Highest SC ranking: 88th
    Highest SC ranking at seasons end: 220th
    Highest weekly ranking: 7th
    Highest score: 2608

  20. #120
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 06-01-2013
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 4,975
    Likes: 5,576
    Rep Power: 9523


    0 Not allowed!

    The official news on LDU and his back injury:

    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-1...doubt-for-aflx
    SuperCoach:  5 digits (2017)  5 digits (2016)  3,461 (2015)  54 (2014)  26 (2013) 


Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •