SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Dual Best & Fairest
    AFL Club: Collingwood

0 Not allowed!

Great discussion above on Ah Chee - both Snowman's question (which I had wondered about myself) and all of the responses.

Perhaps to reframe it a little, if you were guessing Ah Chee's average over the first 8-12 rounds, say, what would your estimate be?
    SuperCoach:  589 (2016)  3225 (2015)  8243 (2014)  AFL Dream Team:  397 (2016) 

Michael Tuck Club
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkie View Post
    Great discussion above on Ah Chee - both Snowman's question (which I had wondered about myself) and all of the responses.

Perhaps to reframe it a little, if you were guessing Ah Chee's average over the first 8-12 rounds, say, what would your estimate be?
    I think if he plays that midfield role I'd be very comfortable calling solid 80s with a few spike games thrown in. Like I said I'm under no illusions that he will break out into a keeper but treat him like a WHE from this season and he'll be a serviceable money earner.

If his role isn't defined through the pre season then I don't see myself picking him to be fair, needs those midfield minutes.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    I think if he plays that midfield role I'd be very comfortable calling solid 80s with a few spike games thrown in. Like I said I'm under no illusions that he will break out into a keeper but treat him like a WHE from this season and he'll be a serviceable money earner.

If his role isn't defined through the pre season then I don't see myself picking him to be fair, needs those midfield minutes.
    Thanks mate - he seems a decent prospect on that basis.

I noticed you had Rocky in your draft side but not Gray - do you not think he'll be a good pick, or just other options you prefer?

AFL Club: North Melbourne

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkie View Post
    Thanks mate - he seems a decent prospect on that basis.

I noticed you had Rocky in your draft side but not Gray - do you not think he'll be a good pick, or just other options you prefer?
    Gray has had the cancer scare and thus is easing his way into the preseason. With Rocky coming in he'll be looking at maintaining at best his midfield minutes. With all of this, and his round 10 bye, he becomes an ideal wait and see, with the target being a round 11 trade in.
    SuperCoach:  937 (2017)  5036 (2016)  AFL Dream Team:  989 (2017) 

"God bless fantasy football. There are many things a man can do with his time. This... is better than those things." - Pete

SCS Daily Fantasy Competitions - Details and Entry Form - Round 23 Open

Bay Villas Resort, Port Douglas

50 Games Club

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post

I think that's the biggest thing we need to take into account with all of these cheap players. There are a number sitting around that $250k-$270k (Birchall, Ellis-Yolmen, Christensen, Day, Bennell, Ah Chee, etc.), but for them to genuinely be money makers (like rookies), they'd need to be averaging a good 85 for the first 10 rounds to make $150k. Even ssing Ah Chee as the example at only $255k:

- Avg 75 would acquire about $110k by R10
    - Avg 80 would acquire about $130k by R10
    - Avg 85 would acquire about $150k by R10

Of course spikes up or down could help or hinder this, but I agree with BigRuss, these guys need to be treated alongside the likes of WHE from LY, and an average of only 70-75 simply won't cut it for effectively an ultra-expensive rookie.

If you're confident of a solid 80's average, then definitely go for it.
    SuperCoach:  1200 (2014)  2561 (2013)  1129 (2012)  10000+ (2011) 

"You don't win friends with salad!"

Dual Best & Fairest

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KLo30 View Post
    Gray has had the cancer scare and thus is easing his way into the preseason. With Rocky coming in he'll be looking at maintaining at best his midfield minutes. With all of this, and his round 10 bye, he becomes an ideal wait and see, with the target being a round 11 trade in.
    Thanks Ken - the upgrade option is an interesting one and may make a lot of sense.

My sense was that Gray played forwrd because he wasn't fit, rather than because he wasn't a preferred mid. He's actually one of the best clearance players in the comp, and I've always thought of Wingard as a better forward. Obviously Rocky complicates matters somewhat. It will be interesting to see how Hinkley uses them all - I suspect there may be enough scope for at least 1 or 2 of them to be quite SC relevant, but a wait and see approach may make sense on Gray unless his fitness and role become more clear cut.

Rising Star Winner
    AFL Club: North Melbourne

1 Not allowed!

Is it just me or did Rockliff only play forward because:
    - He had a busted shoulder and couldn't play midfield
    - He was likely leaving the club at the end if the year, so was well and truly out of favour
    (As opposed to him being a gun small forward, which he isn't really. Good but not in the same class as Wingard or Gray in my opinion).

Surely you don't recruit one of the best contested ball winners in the comp so you can play him in a forward pocket?
    SuperCoach:  12877 (2016)  8481 (2015) 

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Is it just me or did Rockliff only play forward because:
    - He had a busted shoulder and couldn't play midfield
    - He was likely leaving the club at the end if the year, so was well and truly out of favour
    (As opposed to him being a gun small forward, which he isn't really. Good but not in the same class as Wingard or Gray in my opinion).

Surely you don't recruit one of the best contested ball winners in the comp so you can play him in a forward pocket?
    Just to clarify, I am in agreement. I'm no expert, but am expecting Gray and Rocky - two of the best clearance winners in the comp (Gray slightly ahead) - to play mainly mid and spend time forward, and Wingard, who is perhaps the best of the three forward, to spend more time there and some in the mids. No reason why someone else can't get fewer mid minutes in my view, Port have mids that aren't as good as these three that would have been getting mid time last year. All of Ebert, Wines, Westhoff, Polec, Boak and SPP are mid eligible (all but two are mid only) and played 20+ last year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345