SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Dual Best & Fairest
    AFL Club: Collingwood

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GrainFedBeef View Post
    Masten cannot kick, in the side untila better young guy comes along.

Jetta not consistent. Is a high impact player, not an accumulator of the ball, dont think that suits SC. Love to watch him though, particular when fit and sprinting down the field.

No strong views on Hutchings (never been on my radar), think if Ah Chee plays he may be a better bet. There is a lot of uncertainty around mids for Eagles and players could easily be in and out of side depending on win/loss. Eagles suffer from the same issues that Collingwood do, an expectation they need to be at the top every year. Give them a few losses and they may chop and change a lot.
    Masten should come to Collingwood , we have about 16 of them who can't kick .

Break out of defence at blinding speed then handball to a stationery target.

every quarter , every match wonder if they learnt anything at summer school this season :-)

350 Games Club
    AFL Club: West Coast

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie66 View Post
    Masten should come to Collingwood , we have about 16 of them who can't kick .

Break out of defence at blinding speed then handball to a stationery target.

every quarter , every match wonder if they learnt anything at summer school this season :-)
    LOL Can we swap for Pendles, getting too old, you will lower your average age with that swap.

Whats the talk on Pendles, had him every year although last year painful. Do we think half back role or was that just to protect the ribs (think that was last year).
    SuperCoach:  2278 (2017)  3226 (2016)  5131 (2015)  4659 (2014)  2239 (2013)  7500 (2012) 

A good coach doesn't blame his starting team…………trade, trade, trade……

50 Games Club
    AFL Club: Hawthorn

0 Not allowed!

2-2-4 (Sicily, Bonner)
    6-1-4 (Jaeger)
    1-1-1 (Lycett)
    3-1-4 (Lobb/Smith)

May swap Sicily FWD if neither Lobb or Smith convince
    SuperCoach:  7151 (2017)  3643 (2016)  7666 (2015)  694 (2014)  5029 (2013)  1212 (2012)  31 (2011) 

Dual Best & Fairest
    AFL Club: Collingwood

8 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GrainFedBeef View Post
    LOL Can we swap for Pendles, getting too old, you will lower your average age with that swap.

Whats the talk on Pendles, had him every year although last year painful. Do we think half back role or was that just to protect the ribs (think that was last year).
    I think their is a number of factors with Pendles

* his kicking efficiency dropped, I guess in part to the fact we with have no targets in the forward line apart from Darcy Moore with 2/3 opponents hanging off him
    * playing hurt/sore, despite his remarkable recovery powers, he is 30 now so the constant wear and tear must be taking it's toll, as captain he wants to be out there.
    * I think he is disillusioned with the game plan and his team mates, I am sure he goes back into defence because he is the only one who can hit a target consistently (I have seen footage of him at training many times "suggesting" to team mates any chance of actually kicking to my chest and not my boot laces !!!

Buckley wants to play Grundy and 16 mids (+ Cox, Dunn , Goldsack ,Howe, Reid ) and is trying to follow Clarko's kicking style, unfortunately Hawthorn used to kick at 80% efficiency (Collingwood would be lucky to hit 50%), Hawthorn used to also switch play and kick long and direct, and had Roughy and Hale as targets, Gunston the link man and the 3 amigos in Breust, Puopolo, Rioli who had a license to fly and were manic when the ball hit the ground.....he also had Mitchell who never left the centre square and Burgoyne, Hodge and Lewis as on field generals.

Clarko has at least changed his game plan once or twice since the 3 flags.

Collingwood has a midfield of 5

Pendles, Adams and Treloar in the square
    Sidey and Wells on the wings

Crisp and Greenwood can do a job and de Goey could be a player if he gets his right, otherwise he won't be at Collingwood at seasons end.

the rest I am afraid have been tried and tested numerous times and failed.

Bucks has tried to build up the list in depth players from other clubs such as Dunn, Varcoe, Mayne and Wells I think in part because the guys we have drafter in recent seasons have been disasters.

Collingwood have this sideways crab style kicking which is so painful to watch, I have said here before they should all be taught to run and handball and give it to Pendles and Wells 90 % of the time (won't be hard for opposition coaches to stop)

With talk of Moore moving to defence who do we have as a target now ?

Cox (he ain't Paul Salmon)
    Reid (he was a All Australian defender for a reason)
    Goldsack (will give you 110% in the contest )
    Mayne (most expensive VFL player in history)

so now Mr Fixit Pendles might be CHF............................................so who can kick to him, Wells and no one else, Tay Tay's kicking accuracy is only 15 metres, Treloar is a butcher.

I only think the reason why Bucks got his contract renewed was that Roos looked at our list and thought Christ this will take 5 years minium to even try and resurrect, I don't have that much patience.

One thing the Pies do have is if and when we decide to apply pressure and tackle and are intense at the ball we have a red hot go (normally if this is in the first 5 minutes you know we are up for the contest)

Football used to be easy, we have ball, they have ball, ball is in dispute so go and win it, now with structures and zones etc etc in place I think it might be better just to let them go out and play and let them back their own ability.

I laugh when I see teams that have coaching staff , assistants and analysists that total more than the players, must wonder how many people are telling them different things during the week, maybe too much time is spent in meetings and not actually on developing and improving football skills.

Anyway I have rambled on enough

Pendles is currently my M3 and I am hoping he gets back to 110 + average and Bucks actually leaves the Rolls Royce in the mids and not play him as Mr Fixit

Cheers

Rising Star Nominee

1 Not allowed!

3-1-4 (Bonner)
    5-1-5 (JOM)
    2-0-1
    1-3-4 (Smith, Sicily, Christensen)

I’m convinced the forward line is where the value is this year with Smith and Sicily at F2/F3 respectively, who I’m banking on to be keepers. Not convinced at all by the def rookies.

Pretty safe structure this year.
    SuperCoach:  1148 (2013) 

Quote Quote

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567