SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1. #41
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,482
    Likes: 1,922
    Rep Power: 6396


    21 Not allowed!

    So tgought I'd throw up my observations from Ports infra club yesterday I won't do everyone just the relevant players.

    First off skills weren't great across the board, whether that's because it was bloody windy or not is up for debate.

    Second no Gray, Wingard, Dixon, Watts or Motlop meant the forwards structure was unrecognisable. 15.5 kicked in those conditions hopefully means we've tidied up our goal kicking woes somewhat though.

    Dixon was a late out with a tight back. Wingard and Motlop still not
    In full training.

    Boak - Probably BoG for me, Played the M/F role and moved really well. If he's shaken off his back issues there's a chance he returns to 90+ and pretty reliable to get 21-22 games out of him. Wouldn't be starting him but probably one to look at if he's travelling well for an early upgrade.

    SPP - Pretty close with Boak for BOG, seems to have improved his tank considerably. Shaved head, wouldn't look out of place in Romper Stomper. Will improve again but you'd be brave to think an Oliver type breakout was on the way.

    Hartlett - Played the QB and looks really settled into the role, won't be surprised if he pushes back up to the 90s.Viable alternative to the Shaw/Hanley types IMO.

    Rocky - Didn't really get near it, Played FF for the B side for almost the entire game, copped a shoulder knock early but played the game out, few mental demons to get past I think. He tackled well which is what I wanted to see but didn't get a lot of ball.

    Wines - Looks to have dropped a few Kgs, still a powerful bloke but looks lean. Had a woeful first half but was excellent after half time. Generally the opposite is true of Ollies games so hopefully the tank has got better again. 2020 Year of the Wines.

    Houston - Probably our best kick, think he may have gone past Pittard in the 22. Sprayed A couple kicks but the other 15 were darts. Probably not this year but think he'll push into the mid 80s.

    Ryder - GARBAGE, worst AFL listed player on the ground by a long shot, played forward more than ruck and couldn't hold a ball all day, might have some sort of niggle as he just didn't look right. Watch in JLT.

    Barry - barely noticed him to be fair, didn't get a lot of ball. Probably not as close as we'd like, need to look at other options for the bench.

    Frampton- Both Ladhams and Hayes towelled him up in the ruck and around the ground. Looks like this will be Billy's last year in Teal unless something drastic changes. Those looking to handcuff Ryder to someone probably still stay with Billy as Hayes is still a stick figure.


    If I've missed anyone you want to hear about yell out and I'll do my best.
    Last edited by BigRuss; 11-02-2018 at 2:52pm.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  2. #42
    Rising Star Winner
    Join Date: 24-02-2015
    AFL Club: GWS Giants
    Posts: 225
    Likes: 280
    Rep Power: 1312


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    So tgought I'd throw up my observations from Ports infra club yesterday I won't do everyone just the relevant players.

    First off skills weren't great across the board, whether that's because it was bloody windy or not is up for debate.

    Second no Gray, Wingard, Dixon, Watts or Motlop meant the forwards structure was unrecognisable. 15.5 kicked in those conditions hopefully means we've tidied up our goal kicking woes somewhat though.

    Dixon was a late out with a tight back. Wingard and Motlop still not
    In full training.

    Boak - Probably BoG for me, Played the M/F role and moved really well. If he's shaken off his back issues there's a chance he returns to 90+ and pretty reliable to get 21-22 games out of him. Wouldn't be starting him but probably one to look at if he's travelling well for an early upgrade.

    SPP - Pretty close with Boak for BOG, seems to have improved his tank considerably. Shaved head, wouldn't look out of place in Romper Stomper. Will improve again but you'd be brave to think an Oliver type breakout was on the way.

    Hartlett - Played the QB and looks really settled into the role, won't be surprised if he pushes back up to the 90s.Viable alternative to the Shaw/Hanley types IMO.

    Rocky - Didn't really get near it, Played FF for the B side for almost the entire game, copped a shoulder knock early but played the game out, few mental demons to get past I think. He tackled well which is what I wanted to see but didn't get a lot of ball.

    Wines - Looks to have dropped a few Kgs, still a powerful bloke but looks lean. Had a woeful first half but was excellent after half time. Generally the opposite is true of Ollies games so hopefully the tank has got better again. 2020 Year of the Wines.

    Houston - Probably our best kick, think he may have gone past Pittard in the 22. Sprayed A couple kicks but the other 15 were darts. Probably not this year but think he'll push into the mid 80s.

    Ryder - GARBAGE, worst AFL listed player on the ground by a long shot, played forward more than ruck and couldn't hold a ball all day, might have some sort of muggle as he just didn't look right. Watch in JLT.

    Barry - barely noticed him to be fair, didn't get a lot of ball. Probably not as close as we'd like, need to look at other options for the bench.

    Frampton- Both Ladhams and Hayes towelled him up in the ruck and around the ground. Looks like this will be Billy's last year in Teal unless something drastic changes. Those looking to handcuff Ryder to someone probably still stay with Billy as Hayes is still a stick figure.


    If I've missed anyone you want to hear about yell out and I'll do my best.
    Good write up BR
    SuperCoach:  2738 (2016)  200 (2015)  1788 (2014)  161 (2013)  2490 (2012)  256 (2011)  440 (2010)  AFL Dream Team:  544 (2016)  4 (2011) 


  3. #43
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 18-09-2014
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 760
    Likes: 917
    Rep Power: 3679


    12 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by KLo30 View Post
    It's an intra-club game where the players are spread between two squads. Not all players play as those not ready are left on the sidelines to continue their rehabilitation or rest after a heavy training load. Structure and fit can't be established until round 1, however a glimmer will be able to seen in the last JLT, if most players are available. It will take a little time, given his flexibility, to understand his fit in Port's side.

    Best wishes to Jack's sister on her special day.
    Jacks sister got married to my best mate. It was a truly lovely day.
    SuperCoach:  4767 (2017)  920 (2016)  330 (2015)  113 (2014) 


  4. #44
    Vice Captain
    Join Date: 09-03-2012
    AFL Club: Adelaide
    Posts: 4,322
    Likes: 1,422
    Rep Power: 2902


    1 Not allowed!

    O'Meara looked incredibly fit, had no tape on his once-troublesome knees and played most of the contest, resting once a quarter, in an encouraging hit-out.

    From afl.com's Hawks intraclub report: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-0...jaeger-on-song

    Send help, Im getting sucked into O'Meara and Ive got no self control
    Go Crows!

  5. #45
    Rising Star Winner
    Join Date: 22-10-2014
    AFL Club: North Melbourne
    Posts: 230
    Likes: 260
    Rep Power: 2295


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    “O'Meara looked incredibly fit, had no tape on his once-troublesome knees and played most of the contest, resting once a quarter, in an encouraging hit-out.”

    From afl.com's Hawks intraclub report: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-0...jaeger-on-song

    Send help, I’m getting sucked into O'Meara and I’ve got no self control

    No!!! - don’t say that. Now I will have to consider him after being burnt last year.
    SuperCoach:  4131 (2017)  8942 (2016)  8786 (2015)  1137 (2014)  10000 (2013)  2000 (2012) 


  6. #46
    Moderator
    Join Date: 21-05-2012
    AFL Club: Hawthorn
    Posts: 15,063
    Likes: 4,791
    Rep Power: 5255
    Moderator


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    So tgought I'd throw up my observations from Ports infra club yesterday I won't do everyone just the relevant players.

    First off skills weren't great across the board, whether that's because it was bloody windy or not is up for debate.

    Second no Gray, Wingard, Dixon, Watts or Motlop meant the forwards structure was unrecognisable. 15.5 kicked in those conditions hopefully means we've tidied up our goal kicking woes somewhat though.

    Dixon was a late out with a tight back. Wingard and Motlop still not
    In full training.

    Boak - Probably BoG for me, Played the M/F role and moved really well. If he's shaken off his back issues there's a chance he returns to 90+ and pretty reliable to get 21-22 games out of him. Wouldn't be starting him but probably one to look at if he's travelling well for an early upgrade.

    SPP - Pretty close with Boak for BOG, seems to have improved his tank considerably. Shaved head, wouldn't look out of place in Romper Stomper. Will improve again but you'd be brave to think an Oliver type breakout was on the way.

    Hartlett - Played the QB and looks really settled into the role, won't be surprised if he pushes back up to the 90s.Viable alternative to the Shaw/Hanley types IMO.

    Rocky - Didn't really get near it, Played FF for the B side for almost the entire game, copped a shoulder knock early but played the game out, few mental demons to get past I think. He tackled well which is what I wanted to see but didn't get a lot of ball.

    Wines - Looks to have dropped a few Kgs, still a powerful bloke but looks lean. Had a woeful first half but was excellent after half time. Generally the opposite is true of Ollies games so hopefully the tank has got better again. 2020 Year of the Wines.

    Houston - Probably our best kick, think he may have gone past Pittard in the 22. Sprayed A couple kicks but the other 15 were darts. Probably not this year but think he'll push into the mid 80s.

    Ryder - GARBAGE, worst AFL listed player on the ground by a long shot, played forward more than ruck and couldn't hold a ball all day, might have some sort of niggle as he just didn't look right. Watch in JLT.

    Barry - barely noticed him to be fair, didn't get a lot of ball. Probably not as close as we'd like, need to look at other options for the bench.

    Frampton- Both Ladhams and Hayes towelled him up in the ruck and around the ground. Looks like this will be Billy's last year in Teal unless something drastic changes. Those looking to handcuff Ryder to someone probably still stay with Billy as Hayes is still a stick figure.


    If I've missed anyone you want to hear about yell out and I'll do my best.
    Awesome summary mate. Much appreciated by all.

    Just wondering if Riley Bonner played, and if so how did he go? Where does he stand in terms of best 22 with Houston, Pittard and Hartlett?
    SuperCoach:  7,008 (2017)  1,940 (2016)  2,715 (2015)  3,063 (2014)  8,473 (2013)  282 (2012) 

    That's What I'm Talkin' About

  7. #47
    Captain
    Join Date: 19-06-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 5,182
    Likes: 3,175
    Rep Power: 6264


    0 Not allowed!

    Boak. Now that is a player I had forgotten about. Seasoned mid. Could be good for 95 as a forward.
    I couldn't start he an Rocky though with their bye.
    SuperCoach:  755 (2016)  3,658 (2015)  1,894 (2013)  43 (2012)  AFL Dream Team:  170 (2016) 

    "Do Something." (John Kennedy 1975)

  8. #48
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,482
    Likes: 1,922
    Rep Power: 6396


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodie's Guns View Post
    Awesome summary mate. Much appreciated by all.

    Just wondering if Riley Bonner played, and if so how did he go? Where does he stand in terms of best 22 with Houston, Pittard and Hartlett?
    Yeah mate he was out there, he's in bloody good nick too. I actually didn't recognise him to begin with looks a lot taller than the 191 he's listed at, though it is only the second time I've seen him live. Didn't get a great deal of the ball (maybe 15 for the day) but his use was excellent, after Houston I'd probably rate him the next best kick we have when he's on song.

    Personally I'd have him ahead of Pittard but behind the other 2. Ideally I'd like to see him push to the wing this year but Kenny plays his boys and Jasper is most certainly one of them.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  9. #49
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,482
    Likes: 1,922
    Rep Power: 6396


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtesans View Post
    Boak. Now that is a player I had forgotten about. Seasoned mid. Could be good for 95 as a forward.
    He looked bloody good mate, circa 2014. He won't get that level of mid minutes but like you said I reckon he'll give 21/95 a fair old shake. He's had a crook back for close to 2 seasons and the way he was bouncing around leads me to believe he might be over it finally.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  10. #50
    Moderator
    Join Date: 08-03-2012
    AFL Club: Essendon
    Posts: 24,297
    Likes: 12,079
    Rep Power: 9783
    Moderator


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Rocky - Didn't really get near it, Played FF for the B side for almost the entire game, copped a shoulder knock early but played the game out, few mental demons to get past I think. He tackled well which is what I wanted to see but didn't get a lot of ball.
    Love your work BR. Whats your take on rocky playing almost exclusively forward? Doesnt really make sense if hes gonna be a permanent part of the engine room. Youd think they want to take every opportunity possible to create synergy etc

    Unless of course it was to avoid any contact.
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 


  11. #51
    Best and Fairest
    Join Date: 27-01-2014
    AFL Club: Fremantle
    Posts: 2,926
    Likes: 2,964
    Rep Power: 8003


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by IDIG View Post
    Love your work BR. What’s your take on rocky playing almost exclusively forward? Doesn’t really make sense if he’s gonna be a permanent part of the engine room. You’d think they want to take every opportunity possible to create synergy etc

    Unless of course it was to avoid any contact.
    I think he was avoiding Powell-Pepper!
    SuperCoach:  8293 (2017)  10922 (2016)  9214 (2015)  653 (2014) 

    I miss the old colours.

  12. #52
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,482
    Likes: 1,922
    Rep Power: 6396


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by IDIG View Post
    Love your work BR. Whats your take on rocky playing almost exclusively forward? Doesnt really make sense if hes gonna be a permanent part of the engine room. Youd think they want to take every opportunity possible to create synergy etc

    Unless of course it was to avoid any contact.
    Cheers mate, hard to say really. It's the first time I've seen him in the flesh and he really doesn't have any shoulders, I can see why he's had troubles he looks like a bloody Chupa Chup.

    My gut tells me, if his shoulders are good, he plays mid. I've been to a couple of training while I've been in Adelaide for work and both times he's been training with the mids. I had a quick chat to Brandon Lade who I got to know a bit when I played for the Maggies as a junior and he seemed to think the same, predominantly mid bit of time forward

    The midfield group was a far cry from the usual setup. SPP Wines and Hewett are probably the only blokes who played most of their time around the ball. Like I said Ryder probably spent <25% of his time in the ruck. It's very hard to take a lot from the game in all honesty.

    If we put him in a vacuum and say his shoulders are 100% I see absolutely no reason he doesn't play 80% of his time on ball. Wingard and Gray have proven to be more damaging as forwards so it wouldn't make sense to play 2 blokes out of their preferred position if that makes sense.

    Just a bit of wait and see I suppose, should get a clearer picture post JLT.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  13. #53
    Rising Star Nominee
    Join Date: 19-02-2017
    AFL Club: Brisbane
    Posts: 199
    Likes: 101
    Rep Power: 333


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Some intra clubs held today lads few reports on BF if you're willing to wade through the filth, just read through the Roos one, not sure if I can stomach another one tonight.
    Ah the North board, I have fond memories of people there being convinced that Shaun Atley was the second coming of Dane Swan and Chris Judd at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by NT.Thunder View Post
    Seen some reports that he's been clutching his shoulder and may have hurt it again or it's not right just yet, nothing confirmed but the few reports I've read look worrying
    That's not a great sign given he was doing this this entire 2nd half of last season. He really shouldn't have been out there for a lot of it, I wonder if he's done any long term damage by playing out last season in pursuit of a decent contract.
      Quote Quote

  14. #54
    Michael Tuck Club
    Join Date: 13-04-2012
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide
    Posts: 2,482
    Likes: 1,922
    Rep Power: 6396


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Ah the North board, I have fond memories of people there being convinced that Shaun Atley was the second coming of Dane Swan and Chris Judd at the same time.


    That's not a great sign given he was doing this this entire 2nd half of last season. He really shouldn't have been out there for a lot of it, I wonder if he's done any long term damage by playing out last season in pursuit of a decent contract.
    Haha it's not singular to the North board. Crappy memes and off topic arguments as far as the eye can see. It really is a labour to glean any sort of reliable info on that site.
    SuperCoach:  12499 (2015)  5015 (2014)  22 (2013)  10k (2012)  20k (2011) 


  15. #55
    Statistician
    Join Date: 19-03-2012
    AFL Club: Melbourne
    Posts: 14,674
    Likes: 12,715
    Rep Power: 23392
    Moderator


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    Haha it's not singular to the North board. Crappy memes and off topic arguments as far as the eye can see. It really is a labour to glean any sort of reliable info on that site.
    Hence, I have been there about 3 times in my life!
    We're goin' to need a bigger boat...

  16. #56
    200 Games Club
    Join Date: 25-03-2012
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 1,197
    Likes: 1,469
    Rep Power: 5500


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurn Stern View Post
    Jack’s sister got married to my best mate. It was a truly lovely day.
    Is it a true story it was a surprise engagement party-turned-wedding that got outed by a certain journalist bad-mouthing Jack because he wasn't playing?
    SuperCoach:  14270 (2017)  8377 (2016)  163 (2015)  AFL Dream Team:  4854 (2017)  6693 (2016)  5 (2015) 


  17. #57
    100 Games Club
    Join Date: 18-09-2014
    AFL Club: Collingwood
    Posts: 760
    Likes: 917
    Rep Power: 3679


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey47 View Post
    Is it a true story it was a surprise engagement party-turned-wedding that got outed by a certain journalist bad-mouthing Jack because he wasn't playing?
    That is certainly the truth, but luckily not many family members live in Adelaide where it was printed, so it was only the wedding party and closest family that knew.
    SuperCoach:  4767 (2017)  920 (2016)  330 (2015)  113 (2014) 


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •