SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Deputy Vice Captain
    AFL Club: Collingwood

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by johno686 View Post
    Johnson by a mile for me
    I understand where it's coming from, and i admit then im a bit biased in this case. I choose Zorko because he's just so efficient around the ball(High tackle count, loose ball gets, disposal efficiency, free kicks/contested possessions and goals), and racks up supercoach points. I like players like zorko and pendlebury due to their ability to score well even without a extremely high disposal count. So if they do collect 36+possessions, their scores will be phenomenal.
    SuperCoach:  N/A (2015) 

Quote Quote

Captain
    AFL Club: Geelong

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prochard View Post
    I understand where it's coming from, and i admit then im a bit biased in this case. I choose Zorko because he's just so efficient around the ball(High tackle count, loose ball gets, disposal efficiency, free kicks/contested possessions and goals), and racks up supercoach points. I like players like zorko and pendlebury due to their ability to score well even without a extremely high disposal count. So if they do collect 36+possessions, their scores will be phenomenal.
    You could replace Zorko in that description with Johnson lol.
    SuperCoach:  29,982 (2014)  184 (2013)  7082 (2012) 

Deputy Vice Captain
    AFL Club: Collingwood

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nk29 View Post
    You could replace Zorko in that description with Johnson lol.
    lol k.
    SuperCoach:  N/A (2015) 

Quote Quote

supergirl

2 Not allowed!

supergirl's care factor, zero being nonchalant - five Kryptonite

Buddy Franklin - Zero. Would rather use the extra cash + position in fwds for my super secret death defying POD

Gary Ablett - Five. A true weakness, can't live with him and his high demanding price tag but love all the luxuries of his furs, leathers and diamonds. Besides I can't have the girl next to me showing me up! Hello captain

Dean Cox - Three. My tried and true ever so reliable Clark Kent. Must have to not only negate a POD but also for his superman powers to pop up right when I need them.
    Brendon Goddard - Two. He's gone from saving the world in Smallville St Kilda, to setting up camp in Essendon, is he gonna need a bigger tent or more wood for his fire?

Bryce Gibbs - Four. Looks like a regular space cadet compared to the other super-charged mid-fielders but when he is placed in a position of defence, he smiles candidly as everything is deflected by his shield, even POD's full of Kryptonite!

PS. Great article Jay. Love it
    Last edited by supergirl; 20-03-2013 at 12:09am.
      Quote Quote

Strategist
    AFL Club: Essendon

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl View Post
    supergirl's care factor, zero being nonchalant - five Kryptonite

Buddy Franklin - Zero. Would rather use the extra cash + position in fwds for my super secret death defying POD

Gary Ablett - Five. A true weakness, can't live with him and his high demanding price tag but love all the luxuries of his furs, leathers and diamonds. Besides I can't have the girl next to me showing me up! Hello captain

Dean Cox - Three. My tried and true ever so reliable Clark Kent. Must have to not only negate a POD but also for his superman powers to pop up right when I need them.
    Brendon Goddard - Two. He's gone from saving the world in Smallville St Kilda, to setting up camp in Essendon, is he gonna need a bigger tent or more wood for his fire?

Bryce Gibbs - Four. Looks like a regular space cadet compared to the other super-charged mid-fielders but when he is placed in a position of defence, he smiles candidly as everything is deflected by his shield, even POD's full of Kryptonite!
    Love your namesake analogy, hehehe
    SuperCoach:  Winner (2011)  724 (2010)  188 (2009)  AFL Dream Team:  26 (2011) 

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path - Morpheus
    Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach?Immortality! Take it! It's Yours! - Achilles

Best and Fairest
    AFL Club: Richmond

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prochard View Post
    Thats Stevey J right there.
    SuperCoach:  4,558 (2016)  10,068 (2015)  722 (2014)  29 (2013)  474 (2012)  925 (2011) 

100 Games Club
    AFL Club: Port Adelaide

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyfoz View Post
    Very interesting Article, cheers Jay.
    Im also not 100% on Danger, he's in my squad now but we have to decide by Friday night or he will be locked away so hopefully I will have made the right decision by then. I'll probably pick him... I also didnt have him last year though...are we chasing last years points? I hope not!

I think Cox is my main selection to 'Negate a Disadvantage' plenty of people have him, he's expensive and getting older, but I know what he's capable of. Selecting him and not having things go as well as I'd hoped is not as bad as not selecting him and having him dominate, I think.

Good stuff, Jay, Cheers.
    I have been wondering about Cox so I just had another look at the WC draw to see who will be his opponents.

Round 1: Griffen/No one
    Round 2: Bailey/Roughead/Hale
    Round 3: Jamar/No one
    Round 4: Warnock/Kreuzer/Hampson
    Round 5: Redden/Lobbe/Renouf
    Round 6: Minson/No one
    Round 7: Leunburger?/Martin/Longer

I stopped at round 7 because 1. this is when I expect Nic Nat to be back and playing normal minutes in the ruck and 2. if you still don't have Cox by now your probably crying in a corner somewhere.

In every single game I expect he will outscore his opponent. In some of those games he is a genuine chance to ruck against non ruckmen at times.

Plus after the first two games, which WC are a legit chance to win, I expect they will win the next 5, meaning I expect Cox may kick goals and/or have high (for a ruckmen) possessions.

I really want to save the coin but I really don't want to be crying in the corner.

Edit: Looking at WC draw for other players noticed that next 4 ruckmen he plays are Goldy, Giles, Maric and McEvoy, don't want to misled anyone. Doesn't change my decision as only Maric can genuinely challenge Cox in my view and I expect Maric will be going it alone against Cox and Nic Nat by then.
    Last edited by Batters31; 20-03-2013 at 9:44am. Reason: Full Disclosure

Rising Star Winner
    AFL Club: Gold Coast

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Jay.

After careful consideration you are right that we should think about defense and not just dream about the boatload of points our obscure POD may make.

Goddard is in for me with defense being the swing factor.
    At his price, more to lose by not having him than to gain with a POD.
    SuperCoach:  Notplaying (2014)  2340ish (2013)  30,000 (2012) 

I would recommend you panic.

Captain
    AFL Club: Geelong

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Batters31 View Post
    Edit: Looking at WC draw for other players noticed that next 4 ruckmen he plays are Goldy, Giles, Maric and McEvoy, don't want to misled anyone. Doesn't change my decision as only Maric can genuinely challenge Cox in my view and I expect Maric will be going it alone against Cox and Nic Nat by then.
    Cox's last 4 scores against North (Goldy) 144, 215, 141, 165 so I wouldn't be too worried about that one either.
    SuperCoach:  29,982 (2014)  184 (2013)  7082 (2012) 

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

I have Dangerfield for that exact reason .. and Kennedy as well to be honest. With the Swans early draw it is risky to not start Kennedy. For some reason Cotchin doesn't hold the same fear for me ..
      Quote Quote

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

Jay, are you just trying to get everyone to take a stock team so your POD don't become common place ... lol (just kidding)
      Quote Quote

Strategist

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mpollock View Post
    I have Dangerfield for that exact reason .. and Kennedy as well to be honest. With the Swans early draw it is risky to not start Kennedy. For some reason Cotchin doesn't hold the same fear for me ..
    Quote Originally Posted by mpollock View Post
    Jay, are you just trying to get everyone to take a stock team so your POD don't become common place ... lol (just kidding)
    LOL of course

On a serious note, I think I've decided to start with Dangerfield

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path - Morpheus
    Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach?Immortality! Take it! It's Yours! - Achilles

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

I was tempted to go Thompson instead as a POD ... but Dangers just looked to good! I am taking Franklin as my POD. So many teams without him which i think is just madness for clearly the best forward in SC.
      Quote Quote

150 Games Club
    AFL Club: Carlton

0 Not allowed!

Luke Parker, soft early draw and can score highly for his time on ground. Need him to make some early quick cash to upgrade to a fallen premium early on. Really reluctant to use this strategy but I think jumping on a reduced price premium earlier on rather than waiting for every rookie to appreciate quickly could be a tactic that works this season with the increased midfield numbers.
      Quote Quote

Rising Star Nominee

0 Not allowed!

Well... Got totally blanketed tonight [Dangerfield]
    Do I want Lance Franklin? Yeah... But Na... But Yeah But Na.
      Quote Quote

Strategist

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimace The Grimace View Post
    Well... Got totally blanketed tonight [Dangerfield]
    I was reluctant, but in hindsight would probably do the same thing. Dangerfield looked okay so he should do okay next week (yikes hope so anyway)

2 Not allowed!

The one positive for those with Danger is that Round 1 is probably one of the best rounds to have a low score as the score only features in one price change as opposed to three weeks of price changes.
    SuperCoach:  6722 (2016)  2918 (2015)  9183 (2014)  10450 (2013)  1371 (2012)  96 (2011)  74 (2010)  3366 (2009)  329 (2008)  11 (2007)  334 (2006) 

Strategist

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Philzsay View Post
    The one positive for those with Danger is that Round 1 is probably one of the best rounds to have a low score as the score only features in one price change as opposed to three weeks of price changes.
    Actually thought Dangerfield did decent when he was on the ball with the ball and carry and contested possession stuff. Obviously, I'm disappointed, but when near the ball, looked good.

0 Not allowed!

Yep agree, just as likely to bang out a 140 next week.
    SuperCoach:  6722 (2016)  2918 (2015)  9183 (2014)  10450 (2013)  1371 (2012)  96 (2011)  74 (2010)  3366 (2009)  329 (2008)  11 (2007)  334 (2006) 

Director of Coaching
    AFL Club: Carlton

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    Actually thought Dangerfield did decent when he was on the ball with the ball and carry and contested possession stuff. Obviously, I'm disappointed, but when near the ball, looked good.
    He looked awesome in my opinion. Just did not get in as much play tonight to get big into the stats but the quality of his own play was still very high. Early in game I was scared seeing how good he looked. It was always a matter of when he is in my team not if....so I'm just hoping his early season form has him score lower than he will overall so I can get him somewhat cheaper. For those of you that have him it is simply a matter of riding out a poor game and expect his usual massive output as soon as possible. The sooner I upgrade to him the better... so hopefully a few more low scores in next month helps me out so I can get him at his low point before he rises as he surely will.
    Play as Yarrawonga Wizards Fantasy Football Club in a salary cap keeper league and coming off our 2nd premiership as Pirates in FDL

In Supercoach in 2015 ended about 15K in rankings from memory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast