SuperCoach Scores Twitter SuperCoach Scores Facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AFL Club: Essendon

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeman1 View Post
    Not sure that you have to many options. Given that you wish to keep your F/D, your only real
    options are Viney, O'Meara or Kommer.

If you were desperate to get Crouch in Kommer would probably have to be the one to go. Depends how much you see Crouch as a must have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nk29 View Post
    Get rid of Kommer next week. He isn't going to score that well I feel.
    I think you're both right but Kommer plays before O'Meara and Viney almost every week so i'd love to keep him too because I get a second look at his score before having to lock it in. I'm just going to hope he either gets subbed or Crouch gets subbed or misses the week after...anything that will make my decision.
    SuperCoach:  1,895 (2017)  4,853 (2016)  5,202 (2015)  479 (2014)  7,684 (2013) 

Highest overall ranking: 18th (Rd 18, 2014)

Strategist

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petejeds View Post
    Value your opinion Impromt! Im ranked 625 at the moment and looking solid however i need to make my first two trades. The rookies i have are: Pittard, Stevenson, Goodes, Terlich, omeara, Viney, Wines, Stevens, Crouch Dwyer, Mcaff.

I have VARCOE and am thinking of going with JJ KENNEDY before his price rise over a downgrade like Neade as I think Josh will be a good stepping stone in future weeks especially with WC draw. I have the DUFF MAN but am tempted to hold another couple weeks. My sneaky play im thinking of may seem a little crazy but i want to bring in Luke Parker 379k for Mundy which is 100k more and likely price decrease. With Parkers price rise again could be a solid future stepping stone. Should i go another mid rookie go with my plan?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated
    Very interesting questions.

For me Stepping Stones can be important as I used Jack Riewoldt in 2011 stepping stone. However, it really depends on your intention. If it's solely to make money then Neade will be better. However, if you prefer a mix of generating money and scoring then Kennedy.

If I was in your shoes and ranked in top 1,000 then JJK is a decent decision as less risk. In my shoes, ie ranked over 10,000 then I'd go Neade to generate more cash (and while much riskier possibly higher return as I will be able to trade in genuine premiums. JJK is okay if you intend to upgrade him, but need someone cheap to continue to score.

For me I prefer to keep Mundy then to trade out Parker and then trade back even though you have saved 100K. Parker scoring SC Gold's projected score means he'll generate $40K. FWIW Parker/Swans have played GWS and Giants.

I think if you are confident that JJK and Parker will give you a solid 6 games of 90s then yes.

It's a tough one to be honest as I understand you need to keep scoreboard pressure.
    SuperCoach:  Winner (2011)  724 (2010)  188 (2009)  AFL Dream Team:  26 (2011) 

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path - Morpheus
    Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach?Immortality! Take it! It's Yours! - Achilles

Rising Star Nominee
    AFL Club: Fremantle

0 Not allowed!

I have 9 of the 11 rookies listed plus Whitfield! Plenty of cash to be made.

Hopefully I invest the right way, a bit stressful to be honest.

Nice problem to have though.
    SuperCoach:  3110 (2015)  18594 (2014)  3529 (2013)  788 (2012)  AFL Dream Team:  10103 (2013)  3599 (2012) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Is there anything beer can't do?' Homer
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

400 Games Club
    AFL Club: Carlton

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    Your decision been made easier with Crozier dropped!
    Not really Jay, I still don't like Byrnes and now need to find another stepping stone fwd that I like at up to $ 249,500 only to replace Byrnes.

Maybe wait to next week.

??? Patton ???
    Last edited by blue dreamer; 12-04-2013 at 12:09am.

Rookie

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    Very interesting questions.

For me Stepping Stones can be important as I used Jack Riewoldt in 2011 stepping stone. However, it really depends on your intention. If it's solely to make money then Neade will be better. However, if you prefer a mix of generating money and scoring then Kennedy.

If I was in your shoes and ranked in top 1,000 then JJK is a decent decision as less risk. In my shoes, ie ranked over 10,000 then I'd go Neade to generate more cash (and while much riskier possibly higher return as I will be able to trade in genuine premiums. JJK is okay if you intend to upgrade him, but need someone cheap to continue to score.

For me I prefer to keep Mundy then to trade out Parker and then trade back even though you have saved 100K. Parker scoring SC Gold's projected score means he'll generate $40K. FWIW Parker/Swans have played GWS and Giants.

I think if you are confident that JJK and Parker will give you a solid 6 games of 90s then yes.

It's a tough one to be honest as I understand you need to keep scoreboard pressure.
    Hey Inpromptu ,

Do you suggest to offload a fallen premium ( Eg. Newman ) to another rookie. Eg Heath. Even though I already have Pittard, Stevenson, Terlich and Goodes. Would mean I only have Godd, Gibbs and Duffield in the backline plus 5 rookies including bench.

Can't decide whether to get in Heath or Brown for Newman and upgrade Karnesis to Buddy this week. Yes I know I am better off waiting for Buddy's price drop but don't want to really get caught with Newman and Karnesis. Any suggestions appreciated?

Statistician
    AFL Club: Melbourne

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Hey Inpromptu ,

Do you suggest to offload a fallen premium ( Eg. Newman ) to another rookie. Eg Heath. Even though I already have Pittard, Stevenson, Terlich and Goodes. Would mean I only have Godd, Gibbs and Duffield in the backline plus 5 rookies including bench.

Can't decide whether to get in Heath or Brown for Newman and upgrade Karnesis to Buddy this week. Yes I know I am better off waiting for Buddy's price drop but don't want to really get caught with Newman and Karnesis. Any suggestions appreciated?
    There's nothing wrong with going 3-0-5 in the backline, especially with how the Def Rookies have been going. I'm actually trading Watts to Heath this week (I already have Brown), and will be sitting at 2-0-6 this week AND next week.
    Brown is probably preferred over Heath, even though Heath has the lower B/E. Brown's first round score was injury affected, and he has been named in the starting 18, where as Heath is on an extended bench, and would be a vest risk.
    We're goin' to need a bigger boat...

Rising Star Winner

0 Not allowed!

+2 for brown over heath. can't remember but I know Adelaide fought to keep him on their list. you can see why.

mate my backline is also 3-0-5 god,gibbs,hanley and the rookies.. the back rookies look to have good job security I wouldn't worry

AFL Club: Hawthorn

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Torress View Post
    +2 for brown over heath. can't remember but I know Adelaide fought to keep him on their list. you can see why.

mate my backline is also 3-0-5 god,gibbs,hanley and the rookies.. the back rookies look to have good job security I wouldn't worry
    Yeah a 3-0-5 DEF for me as well, the only thing you need to make sure you get right with a structure like this is when and who to upgrade.
    SuperCoach:  7,008 (2017)  1,940 (2016)  2,715 (2015)  3,063 (2014)  8,473 (2013)  282 (2012) 

That's What I'm Talkin' About

Michael Tuck Club

0 Not allowed!

i feel i may have missed the boat with my starting team with the rookies in defence.

my defence - is waters,goddard,hanely,heppel,hartett,goodes (brown,stevenson)
    mid rookies - in omeara,viney,dywer,jones,kommer,rampe
    ruck - bicav sinclair
    fwd - neade,mcaffer
    my plan was to have a set and forget back 5 and then upgrade goodes but he could be a keeper, this leaves me to play brown and stevenson as back ups as well as cash grabs to help with mids.
    this decision could slow down my ability to upgrade guess time will tell

yes i stlll dont have gibbs lol
    SuperCoach:  4172 (2017)  2154 (2016)  14,722 (2015)  9,800 (2014)  7,329 (2013)  14,077 (2012)  45,000+ (2011) 

Beer is good !

Rising Star Nominee

0 Not allowed!

Jay, is Crouch a must have rookie this week?

I'm thinking of dumping my underperforming premiums for Berger and probably Dustin Martin, but it may mean forgoing Crouch.
      Quote Quote

Dual Best & Fairest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by quickie View Post
    Jay, is Crouch a must have rookie this week?

I'm thinking of dumping my underperforming premiums for Berger and probably Dustin Martin, but it may mean forgoing Crouch.
    It's more important to strengthen your team than get an 85-50 rookie.
    2015: 345th SC, 29th AFL Fantasy, 106th Real DT, 2016: didn't happen right?, 2017 SuperCoach Winner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12