Discussion 2024 Round 2: Teams & In Game Discussion

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
1943 for me, which was around par for my 53k rank :sneaky:

No Butters, Gulden, English, Green, Heeney, Sheezel vs my pods in Newcombe 66, Rozee 90, Rankine 81 so managing a par score was probably a good result.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
1943 for me, which was around par for my 53k rank :sneaky:
Can confirm...:D
1711322581478.png
1,962 - Bont

Always expected to start slow-ish with my no R0 premiums team, especially when the popular options are all firing (my alternatives are all going okay as well FWIW). Was tempted to trade into a couple of them but held firm in the end, for better or worse.

Hoping to claw back some points over the ensuing R3/5/6 as most will be mixing 1/2 premiums (assuming they don't slingshot them). Interested to see where my team land at the conclusion of the early bye rounds with the strategy I've chosen to adopt for this 'new' season.

I had two setup prior to the start of R1, an Uber 10 Keepers and a Value 12 Keepers teams. I went with the former setup and after two rounds it's 246 points behind the Value team which would be ranked around the 3.5k mark. With that in mind, I'm comfortable with the strategy I've adopted and the Value team is an example where it can work but like with all starting team, you need to be on more of the correct choices than not.

AFL Club
St Kilda
1959 Gawn captain.
Unders on expectations, was hoping to crack 2000.
Dropped 1000 spots, next week may be worse with Green, Miller & Sexton(less so given his new/old role)
Getting Williams and Lyon back this week doesn’t quite match the output of above!

1711333753132.png

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Can confirm...:D
View attachment 69964
1,962 - Bont

Always expected to start slow-ish with my no R0 premiums team, especially when the popular options are all firing (my alternatives are all going okay as well FWIW). Was tempted to trade into a couple of them but held firm in the end, for better or worse.

Hoping to claw back some points over the ensuing R3/5/6 as most will be mixing 1/2 premiums (assuming they don't slingshot them). Interested to see where my team land at the conclusion of the early bye rounds with the strategy I've chosen to adopt for this 'new' season.

I had two setup prior to the start of R1, an Uber 10 Keepers and a Value 12 Keepers teams. I went with the former setup and after two rounds it's 246 points behind the Value team which would be ranked around the 3.5k mark. With that in mind, I'm comfortable with the strategy I've adopted and the Value team is an example where it can work but like with all starting team, you need to be on more of the correct choices than not.
Hah, yeah my other structure would be well ahead of where I'm at but guess we won't know what the right approach was until after the byes. Gut feel tells me it probably wasn't as important as first thought, possibly due to best 18 but also compounded by the early bye players scoring so well.

Still early days though but if i had my time again i wouldn't have worried so much about byes, as being ranked 50k is nowhere near as fun as being top 10k lol